Team 57

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:31 pm

So yeah, here are my bots (some still in development).

Note: All my bots are references to something, I'l just put the reference in Brackets

Lightweights:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
AR9

4wd Ring spinner. Invertable.
The black speaker inside the "9" plays "The Big Black" on repeat, but has no other effect.
Originally was 2wd and had a skirt around the bottom, but have since shortened it, swapped to 4wd and removed the skirt.
Was made for Backlash before I realised how impractical it is.

Stats
Speed: 9
Traction: 4
Torque: 3
Armour: 5
Weapon: 9

Electric Angel

Was a bar spinner, but said screw it and changed it to a rammer.

Stats
Speed: 8
Traction: 6
Torque: 6
Armour: 10 (+ 1 to front white part)
Weapon: 0

Tidal Wave

Drum spinner. 2wd set as close as possible to the edges without being outside the bot. The bot is wide to try to reduce gyro from the spinning drum.

Stats
Speed: 6
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Armour: 7
Weapon: 13
</div>

Middleweights
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Dead Ringer

Shell spinner, was a CAD project for my college course. Has a welded tube interior, but most of the files have been lost so I need to remake it.

Stats Undecided.

Remi

Remi has a 40lb 3-toothed drum spinner at the front, with tank tread drive and sides angled at 15 degrees. The robot is completely invertable. 2 of the two teeth of the drum are sharp, designed to pierce and rip up opponents. The third tooth is blunt, which allows the drum to fling bots upwards, possibly onto their sides. Of course, once the weapon is spinning, its near impossible to tell which tooth will hit. Hinged plow at the back in case of spinner. The sides feature sacrificial rubber armour bolted on to the bot.
Stats:
Speed: 5
Traction: 2
Torque: 2
Armour: 9 (+2 to Rear plow)
Weapon: 12

</div>

Heavyweights
Uppercut V0.5

First Fantasy RP Battlebot I made knowing I would enter it (Dead Ringer was made for a project, not intended for RPing). Quite a silly design, but it hasn't really been tested against good bots (It got placed in the weakest group in the /r/Battlebots Hammerfall tourney). Double-ended flipper that fires both ends at the same time. Has roll bars if it gets flipped on its top, but can't really reliably get off its side.
Stats:
Speed: 4
Torque: 5
Weapon: 7
Armor: 10

Slider Break

Horizontal bar spinner, bar is spun by the belt above, which is connected to two motors running at the same rpm.

Stats
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
</div>

Super Heavyweights
Uppercut V2

An upgraded and revised version of my Hammerfall entry. Dual flippers, one on each side. Unlike my Hammerfall entry, only one flipper fires at a time, and when one side is flipping, the other is locked out. Both flippers still run off same pneumatic, not sure if this will count for dual weapon score splitting or not, up to NWOWWE I suppose. This version can self-right with the flippers. Keeping within the theme of reference, there are speakers under each flipping arm. These speakers play the "YEAHHHH" from The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" Whenever the flipper is fired.

Stats:
Speed: 7
Armour: 11
Weapon: 7

Mk5

Hammerbot with a heavy shield on the front, hinged teeth on the back and inset treads. The hammer can be swapped between matches depending on opponents, but both sides of the hammer are used regardless.

Stats:
Armour: 9 (+3 to Front Shield)
Weapon: 11
</div>

Other Weight Classes
Bunx

Hobbyweight (12lb). Shell spinner (not a melty) with an open top. Two raised blocks to bend and warp any hammers or such that try to get into said open top. Megabyte style pole to show direction and make the bot near uncontrollable when it gets flipped.

Stats:
Armour: 6

Database

Featherweight (30lb). A vertical spinner with a nightmare-like disc. The front two wheels are powered, while the rear omni wheel coasts. There are counterweights at the back to offset the weight of the blade. The blade is run off two synchronized motors on each side. If one of these motors fails, the drive belt can slip and allow the weapon to still spin from the other side's motor.

Stats:
Armour: 6

DnB

It looks like a drum spinner, but the drum isn't a spinning weapon. The drum does spin, but only to change which part of the drum is being used. The weapon is actually more like a wide hammer with three different hammer heads. The spikes are meant for piercing armour and such, the round ended nubs are for warping armour and structure, and the bars are for jamming up weapons, spinning or otherwise.. The arms have 360 degrees of rotation and can be used to flip the robot over if it ends up upside down.

Stats:
Torque: 3
Weapon: 11 (1 to Drum tool selector thing)
</div>
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Team 57

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 am

Dead Ringer's teeth look a bit small- they might have issues catching on your opponents. the 3-toothed drum looks cool, I havent seen that that I remember
Last edited by Venice Queen on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Team 57

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:43 am

Okay, let's talk about that cluster bot. :v:

The main issue with the bot is that the larger part of the cluster has two separate stat totals. It has 22 points with the mini bot partner in play and 24 without them. Since this bot would be entered as a cluster bot each design can only have one set of stats.

I'm reminded of a bot entered back in ARC Armageddon called Falling Down. It was a bot with two configurations (one without a weapon and one with a weapon) and it had two different stat sets accordingly. Of course the main difference is that with both he still had the same overall point total, it was just a matter of moving points from the removed weapon into armor.

At any rate though I wasn't very keen on the idea, partially because there was zero visual representation of where the extra armor for the non-weapon version was coming from (I vaguely remember the builder saying something about some internal metallic alloy or something). The person who designed it was a member of FRA (where they have much higher standards for realism than ARC does), so I didn't really doubt the technically accuracy of it, but it was really pushing what the ARC stat system allowed for.

Now you sort of have an inverse of that as to where can see the new armor parts clearly, but you seem to be pulling extra stat points from out of nowhere.

As an aside, even if your bot were considered legal you'd have the additional issue of the fact that the the 2 sides and back count as 3 separate bonuses, so your base armor would be reduced to 1 point.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Toxic

Team 57

Post by Toxic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:21 pm

The 4WD AR9 is a big improvement.

Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Ehh, I see what you're getting at. So if the stats stay the same in both configs, it should in theory be good to go? Otherwise I might just run the armour config alone and re-stat it as a solo bot.
Was assuming that its overall design is a clusterbot it would still get the 30-(n*4) points, with n being 1 bot in the cluster rather than 2 (although that would be 26 points, not 24.)
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:14 pm

"In the future, everything is chrome..."

Team 57

Venice Queen

Team 57

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:16 am

wait but I wanted the most obnoxious bot in SHW :P . I worry about your durability vs spinners... lots of bits to catch on
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:08 am

Yeah, starting to have second thoughts about the indents on the front/back. On 2HU it makes a little more sense to discourage spinners from the sides/back, but it looks a little out of place on Uppercut. Might have to figure something else

Team 57

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team 57

Post by GF93 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:53 am

Other than that though, it is a pretty interesting design. It'd benefit a lot from more sloped sides/corners all round for additional spinner resistance and slightly wider Flipper Bars, IMHO.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:23 am

Totally original.

Team 57

Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:52 pm

For the sake of reference.

Team 57

Badnik96

Team 57

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:38 am

That looks cool as hell, but I can't see it doing well in battle.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Yeah. If it actually had more than a few inches of reach from the front of the bot, it might do a little better, but it was mostly made for the sake of reference.

Team 57

Venice Queen

Team 57

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:10 pm

you could give it a pneumatic spike a la Rhino. that would at least be somewhat more effective
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hiicantpk

Team 57

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:08 am

So I can't really think of any cool looking Horizontal spinners, but Vertical Spinners... oh yes.

Team 57