Eurypterus vs. JOLT

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Eurypterus vs. JOLT

Post by Siphai » Sun May 13, 2007 4:37 pm

Eurypterus
Speed: 9
Weapon: 0
Armor: 9
Torque: 4

JOLT
Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 3

I have to consider JOLT the best that SHW spinners can bring. I mean, he's awesome due to the fact that he can pretty much strafe out of the way of any pushers, and that he's strong enough to take down any spinners. I'll have to be careful with this one, especially as he's basically a full body spinner so there's nowhere I can attack without getting hit. I'm going to have to choose my slams carefully.

Okay, the most important part here is that his weapon is thankfully only a +3 on my plow. However, as Adrentron proved, that advantage is a hard one to press. However, it should last me the entire fight which is exactly what I want.

JOLT is interesting because of his omni-wheels. They allow him the manuverability previously unseen by FBSs and spinners. However, they do have one extreme disadvantage - no traction or torque. You see, when spinners collide, they get get smacked away thanks to one of Newton's laws. Usually spinners are able to brunt it thanks to the traction that normal wheels provide. With his omni-wheels, however, JOLT would have a hard time doing this. If he were to be hit, he's going to get pinged so far back that he'll probably smack into a wall, which is what I want. The key in this fight, then, would be slamming him correctly.

His omni-wheels provide him an extreme amount of manuverability. Concievably, he'd be able to strafe around pushers, especially whenever they try to slam. However, we have to remember that he can only strafe around with a speed of four. As long as I'm not careless, I could still catch him. However, this is definatly a fight I want to be careful in. The entire idea of me speed around all willy nilly is thrown completely out the window. Here, I have to be in control. I have to line up my shots perfectly. Thus, I'm going to be pretty slow and controlled here.

I'm going to come out of my box at an average speed, avoiding the nail. I want to get pretty close to JOLT, but not too close that he could suprise me with a hit. There, I want to line up a shot perfectly, so that if he does try to strafe in either direction I'll still be able to catch him. There, I'm going to use my speed to suprise and slam him. Like I said, he can only strafe with a speed of four, so I should be able to catch him easily. The result hit will ping him into the wall. The key to this fight is using his own weapon and the walls against him, so that he'd break himself down. As well as that, whenever he hits a wall his weapon will be slowed down, thus making it easier for me to control him.

Avoid the pin, although the amount of control I will exert means that it probably won't be a problem.

Good luck.

Minion33088

Eurypterus vs. JOLT

Post by Minion33088 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:36 am

JOLT
Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 3

Eurypterus
Speed: 9
Torque: 4
Weapon: 0
Armor: 9

Ok, Alex didn't specify at the top of his RP, but I'm pretty sure I saw the word "plow" in there so I can assume he's using the plow version. This means I have a much better chance of taking out his drivetrain. With his wedge version, his wheels are protected by wedges. But for this version, he only has wheel guards which are extremely close to his wheels. Even with his high armor, my high-powered weapon should be able to hit hard enough to dent in these guards and incapacitate his drive. Just by looking at his guards, I can tell they aren't really that strong. There are large gaps between the wheels instead of being reinforced like I did with Road Rage, which will allow them to buckle. I also love the fact that his tubular plow reinforcements appear on the top view, but not the perspective view.

I'll start the match by spinning up and moving out of my square, I want to situate my self in a part of the arena that will give me lots of room to move around and avoid the nail or walls. When he comes in and hits me, I'll try to strafe out of the way, or even strafe backwards diagonally. My speed of 4 backwards will counter his speed of 9 and make it seem as though he's coming in slower which will give me more time to strafe out of the way. JOLT is a pretty large bot, with a long reach and I don't think Eurotrip's plow sticks out sideways enough to provide proper protection. If I can move far enough to the side I should be able to smack the side of his plow, or even hit those tubular reinforcements, and knock him away. Which a hit like this, he should be sent off course pretty good, which will allow me to come in and hopefully get a shot on a wheel guard.

Basically, I just want to play it safe, avoid the walls, keep the weapon going, and keep Eurotrip away long enough to smash a wheel guard. If I can push a wheel guard in, it should kill off that entire side because the whole guard will distort in some way, and any distortion will jam up his wheels due to their proximity.

Notes:
-My stats are exactly the same as JSG, and only 1 point off of AMP, so there is no reason my weapon should self-destruct; it never happened to JSG or AMP for that matter.
-This will be my 5th fight with JOLT, and in the past 4 I have never seen JOLT jump back significantly from a hit, so I'm sure he can take whatever Eurypterus has.

Good luck Siphai.