Slipstream vs Annoying Vert Rush ( WK1 - A Robot Competition (A.R.C.)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Slipstream vs Annoying Vert Rush ( WK1 - A Robot Competition (A.R.C.)

Post by British-Robotics » Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Stats

Slipstream ( Speed: 7, Traction: 6, Armour: 10, Torque: 2, Weapon: 5 )

Annoying Vert Rush ( Speed: 8, Traction: 6, Armour: 11, Torque: 2, Weapon: 3 )

MOHAWK CONFIG FOR SLIPSTREAM

AVR looks to be a menace with his underpowered drum and wedge, however he has a rectangular shape behind the wedge and looks prone to being flipped over, I’ll be aggressive but with some strategy. Attacking depending on the direction AVR will face at me and fire the flipper a little early to try catch AVR at the early stages and invert him.

If AVR ends up getting flipped and inverted, my guess is that AVR “should” have problems on the driving situation. That way I can preserve my CO2 bottle for now and stay aggressive. AVR may be quicker, but with my 2WD drive system I should be able to keep up the pressure in hope to force my opponent to make some driving errors.

If the pressure method is not working out then I’ll start switching to a more defensive approach by facing frontal in some directions, I must not allow to exploit the sides or back of my robot, use my flipper for a “hit and hope” on AVR getting flipped numerous times, don’t go for a chaining attempt to try and earn JD points, should it come down into a JD.

I must avoid going near any of the hazards at all costs!

Good luck BEES :) May the best robot win :)

BEES

Re: Slipstream vs Annoying Vert Rush ( WK1 - A Robot Competition (A.R.C.)

Post by BEES » Sun May 05, 2024 8:11 pm

Anti-wedge config for AVR

We'll probably take turns flipping each other. I expect it to be a dogfight. Trying to control the control category for this one to win the JD.
-My hope is that since I am (mostly) invertible, only needing to reverse the drum, I can escape after a flip and continue trying to wedge without too many chances at a followup.
-And since he is not invertible I hope to get some quality bullying time in while he's self-righting with his weapon.
-My other hope is that since my wheels touch the ground from all angles while his are much more limited in contact I can carry him and resist grapples bit better.
-Try driving straight at him first, but not too fast. Cautiously see how the front does, and play it accordingly from there with mixups if needed. Maybe try a slight angle at the last minute.