RFN Mini - Front Toward Enemy vs. Spares or Repairs

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

RFN Mini - Front Toward Enemy vs. Spares or Repairs

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:46 pm

Bar config, spin clockwise, start upright.

We're both undercutters, we both have big blades, we're both slow. There's not a lot of room for nuance here. Spin up, mosey my way towards him, and go weapon-to-weapon. If Spares Or Repairs decides to start inverted, reverse my drivetrain before impact to make sure my chassis is pointed directly away from it and give myself maximum reach. I have no idea whose blade is longer. If we're both upright, just try to avoid it juking towards my wheels. This is gonna have some big hits. Weapon-to-weapon we're about even but I deal significantly more shock damage, which will hopefully kill something internal on SOR before it can do the same to me.

Spin2Win.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: RFN Mini - Front Toward Enemy vs. Spares or Repairs

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:11 pm

Spares: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 15 Armour: 8 (+1 to weapon)
FTE: Speed: 3 Torque: 2 Traction: 1 Weapon: 16 Armor: 8

Using the flywheel config

If he starts upside down then I will start upside down as to always have our weapons at the same height.

Same as usual, when the match starts, I'll spin my weapon up to full speed and then approach his robot to show some good aggression to the judges... as if it'll go to them.

Pretty much the aim of the game is to keep my weapon spun up and facing him, trading blows and hoping something on his robot breaks first. His design's mobility partially relies on the weapon being at a specific angle but after a hit or two it will be at anything but the ideal angle, greatly hampering his mobility. I'm using the flywheel as there is a greater surface area protecting my chassis when I use it, he'll be hitting my weapon before he hits my chassis nine times out of ten.

If he tries to duke me or go around me by approaching me sideways then it won't go to his favour as he'll more likely than not be hitting his bar into my disc and deflecting the main chassis of his robot into my weapon. My wheels are your usual metal and rubber ones, protected by the chassis whilst his are delicate mecanums which are protected by only a thin wheelguard, if I manage to hit just one of them his movement will be crippled.

I'll try to keep this fight in the center of the arena as best I can, as to avoid any hazards and walls.

Best of luck HFL
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!