Afternoon Cereal vs Spares or Repairs

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Afternoon Cereal vs Spares or Repairs

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:13 pm

SoR: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
AC: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 spinner / 5 lifter) / Armor: 8 (+3 front - includes weapon)

using ABR wedge

time 4 box rush ^v^

my front wedge/lifter has 11 armor, my weapon has 15 lmao. the goal is to rush him, deflecting his shots into the spinner with the lifter - hopefully just taking glancing blows there while the spinner takes the brunt of the impact. hitting him like that *should* destabilize him and send his bot into the Dance of Death.

from there, try to OOTA him with the spinner, or feed him to hazards and the like. I might be able to stack him on that angled floor or on a wall to strand him - the lifter should allow me some precision with that that I don't usually have access to these days.

if the wedge is really taking a beating, try to get him upside-down so he has trouble hitting anything that isn't the spinner.

keep up the aggression as much as I can - the goal is to use my superior speed to basically never give him a chance to be at full power. as long as I can keep his weapon at like, 11-12 power, I should be okay and not take too much damage.

if he does get the weapon up to speed after an initial smothering, patience becomes more important. take more time to try and line up a perfect shot: I want to prioritize making him rebound off of me into hazards or walls - something to slow his escape or his weapon in some way.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Afternoon Cereal vs Spares or Repairs

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:13 pm

I'm going to start facing sideways in my square, that way if she tries to box-rush me i will simply move forward, making her slam into the wall instead of my robot as my weapon spins up, toreador and bull style. her traction difference at that kind of speed will make controlling her robot fairly tricky.

Once I am up to speed, I can swing back around whilst she is recovering from slamming into the wall and give her robot a hit from my nasty weapon, even though her plow might have 11 armour, the rest of her robot, including the mounts for the spinner and the lifter will only have 5 armour, meaning that with every hit I make, something is going to get torn off at least and with shock damage, this might even make for a one hit knockout .

I'll try and hit head on as much as I can, showing no fear and trying to remain aggressive but with her traction difference she make a mistake in trying to flank around me in any way, leaving those juicy, exposed wheels a vulnerable target to being hit. If for whatever reason I am flipped then my weapon should be at the perfect height to clip into the top of her tyres and better yet, tear into her weapon supports.

I'll try to keep the fight in the centre of the arena as much as I can, using my weapon's power to keep distance after every hit, knocking us apart and giving me ample time to spin up. I'll do my best to avoid the hazards at all costs. My high ground-clearence and massive weapon reach should make it pretty hard for her to control my bot, no matter where she engages from she is usually going to take a hit, even from my behind if she gets under me.

Best of luck Sio!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!