ARC Rumble 2.5: This time, it's happening!

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

ARC Rumble 2.5: This time, it's happening!

Post by Tcrrr » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:47 pm

I apologize for bailing the last few times, I've just been on and off on every robot combat game really. This time, I'm going to stay committed to the tourneys and host for the enjoyment of the competitors, not just because I felt like hosting one day.

We'll be using the ARC ruleset, and the arena is 50' wide, 50' long, and 20' tall.

I will be using AI to write the battle, so be as descriptive as possible while staying truthful to the design.

Minor additions to the rules: Robots cannot have more than 12 base armor, and every bot must have a weapon that has 2 power or more. The first 8 people to sign up compete. RPs will be due 1 week after the last person signs up.

SIGNUPS:

1. Murderdrum
2. Electric Worry
3. Team Foxtrot Uniform
Last edited by Tcrrr on Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ARC Rumble 2.5: This time, it's happening!

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:59 pm

first
Evaccania DOOM
Stats:
  • Speed: 4
  • Traction: 2
  • Torque: 1
  • Weapon: 15
  • Armour: 8
Murderdrum
more images
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Post by Tcrrr » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:03 pm

I dunno if I'm first, but I'm not last!

Electric Worry

Box Shaped robot with wheelguards and a beveled ring surrounding the chassis. Sort of like BETA's boat configuration, but surrounding the entire robot. It's armed with a 32kg spinning bar-drum hybrid called an Eggbeater. It has 2 self righting arms that have the same drive motors as the main bot, with hubmotor lifting mechanisms, able to rotate 175 degrees. The robot drives upside down at half the speed as it normally would, because the back wheels don't touch the ground in order to protect the robot easily. The chassis is made of a solid aluminum billet, with about 3 inches of room between the chassis and the weapon mount to give maximum reach. For example, the drum hits so low that without the front blocks it grinds against the floor.

As for statistics:

5 speed, 4 traction, 1 torque, 12 weapon (11 drum, 1 self righter) 8 armor (+4 weapon armor bonus)

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:05 pm

reserving

"Fighting our robots means that your robot will end up either MIA, KIA, or OOTA."

THE KING IN YELLOW

flipper active

lifter active
SPEED - 7| TRACTION - 6| TORQUE - 4| WEAPON - 4 (3/3 lifter/flipper)| ARMOR - 9

i can't believe it's not sewer snake!
front-hinged flipper and rear-hinged lifter all wrapped up in a sewer snake clone-esque package. if you remember the old concepts of neophyte redglare when it was still a rear-hinged deathflipper, the king in yellow is somewhat of an evolution of that concept
the front-hinged flipper runs off of a flywheel system in order to generate power, a la blip--while the rear hinged lifter is powered by electric motors, and the lifter can go 90 degrees both up and down fwiw
front wedgelets are hinged, just on a ~10-15 degree limiter downwards. it does technically have alternate setups, but i'm not CADing it for this tournament :v
Last edited by winternimbus on Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

Post by TurtleBack! » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:28 pm

“Hey Yoshi! Do you know who Joe is?”

“Yoshi Yoshi! Yoshi?” (No! I do not know who he is. Who is he?”

“JOE MAMA-“

THATS MAMA LUIGI TO YOU MARIO!

AAAAAAAAA

Mama Luigi

OH MAN I WONDER WHAT BOT THIS THING IS BASED ON!

Has a nasty drum spinner. Thats it lol.

Also last time I checked. it’s invertable.

Might make a wedge config? Idk

Stats:
SPEED: 6
TRACTION: 5
TORQUE: 1
WEAPON: 10
ARMOR: 8

Last edited by TurtleBack! on Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:58 pm

As promised: a thing for the memes. I wonder what AI will think of this monstrosity.

Featherweight: Flameout
Sketchfab Render
Image Image
Image Image

A description for the AI (and you):
Flameout is a four-wheeled robot that is wider than it is long. It is has a relatively short height and is vertically symmetrical, so that it can drive right side up and upside down equally well. At its front is a heavy spiked plow with six holes along its length. The plow's spikes slide along the ground to get under other robots. Behind the six holes are huge flame-throwing burners, which can spew out giant bursts of flame through them on demand.

Stats:
  • 5 speed / 5 traction / 1 torque / 9 weapon / 10 armor +2 plow
Last edited by attackfrog on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Here's my entry

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:32 pm

Presenting, a new creation from the minds of Team Riptide Advanced Robot Combat: Xcessive Pneumatix!
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
The long overdue sequel to Xtreme pneumatIX. A two-wheel driven low-pressure flipper (the black and white bit). With a drive powerful enough to shove anyone unfortunate enough to be stuck on that wedge around but thankfully, not torquey enough to make it wheelie. The robot is still very much invertible thanks to the 'horn' at the top of the flipping arm. The flag is purely for decoration and it will come off easily. The Flipping-Arm has around about fifty-degrees of travel, making it easily able to self-right. Thanks to the rounded bumper on the back, it is impossible for this robot to be stuck on it's back or sides, also acting like a nice chunky wheelguard that thanks to it's shape, will able to simply shrug off and deflect any hits. 12 armour all-around means it'll be able to take a licking and keep on kicking all day long! It also features removable 'snout nostrils' on the wedge that help with holding robots on there when moving them around the arena, particularly robots with low ground-clearances! The forks on the flipping arm have been redesigned with angled sides to aid in getting under other robots from an angle, also beefing them up a bit.
Last edited by Botomatic1000 on Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:43 pm

Hazardous Waste Removal

Speed: 3
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15
Armor: 8 (+1 weapon)

I know I made a newer version but honestly I like this one more. ribbot vibes. last picture shows the main chassis & vital components alone. wedge is shock mounted.

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:15 am

HW: Powerdrive '22

The new version of Powerdrive (Mk 7 version) is a 4WD robot that has frontal forks to help get underneath the opposition, the weapon of this new version is an eggbeater which should pack some punch when in contact, it also has a front-hinged schrimech on top to help itself right

Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 (1 Schrimech) Armor: 7

${model.name} by ${model.user.displayName} on Sketchfab