RFN Mini - Torschlusspanik V. Neophyte Redglare

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

RFN Mini - Torschlusspanik V. Neophyte Redglare

Post by winternimbus » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:51 pm

TORSCHLUSSPANIK - 5/4/1/12/8

NEOPHYTE REDGLARE - 7/6/4/3 (2 wedge/top lifting forks)/10 (+2 front wedge system)

going w/ redglare's anti-vert setup here

this one where i'm going to have to use my speed and acceleration to my advantage here, i believe the UHMW sheet i have will give me enough surface area to be able to properly control and wrangle torsch, alongside giving it a decently sturdy goober for their drum's going to grind against.

unfortunately for me, if torsch gets a hit on basically any other area that *isn't* my front wedge system + the UHMW sheet, it's game joever for me--especially if they get in multiple hits in as i'm trying to drive away and right myself by virtue of me having way more surface area for their drum to make contact with. so--i'm going to have to try my best to keep my front wedge facing towards them.

by virtue of being a drum, torsch has the benefit of gyroing to face me--which is something that i'm going to have to keep in mind and account for during this fight, but i may just be able to get them while they're gyroing and push them while they're off guard. in general, their sides and back have alot of area for me to get in and wedge and push upwards w/ my wedge. this way, i can keep their wheels off the ground and seize control of the match that way.

i'm likely going to have to rinse and repeat the strategy of "nab them from their sides and behind and lift them up with my wedge" while trying to avoid hits that way. i probably WILL have to take hits, but as i said--i want to relegate the hits only to my front wedge + UHMW sheet and that only.

i want to keep torsch up on my wedge as much as i can and use my speed and acceleration to ram them into the walls and the big time hammers. this isn't a fight i'll win by K.O., but i want to stretch it to a JD--where i want to win w/ aggression and control. try to prevent them from getting under my wedge because i have a hunch they'll go w/ long forks here. apart from that, stay in the center of the arena, i don't want them to OOTA me around the low walls, but if i can run them into the wall drum especially later on, that's gravy. avoid hazards, yada yada yada

gl boto!
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: RFN Mini - Torschlusspanik V. Neophyte Redglare

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:59 pm

I'll be using the long forks for this

First things thirst I'll spin my drum up as usual, then approaching once I am at full speed, trying to keep aggressive. The first thing I notice is that her robot doesn't have any wedgelets whatsoever, putting her at an immediate disadvantage, meaning that I'll be able to get underneath her wedge on most exchanges and everytime I do, I will be hitting the lip of her wedge, buckling and chipping away at it, making it more ineffective at getting under things as the fight goes on.

I think for the majority of this match I will keep my drum at about 75%-80% speed to help lessen the gyroscopic effect when making sharp turns, not that she has the speed advantage to flank me, I just want to make sure my wheels are as planted as they can be during this dance.

Her weapon might have a decent armour bonus but the rest of her robot does not, if I am able to flip her over then I will be able to get a good bite on her robot's main body and possibly gnaw on her underbelly when I knock her robot up, grinding on her bottom panel. I will try to juggle my hits on her robot, knocking her about the arena with my powerful drum, using her slow self-righting to my advantage and cranking up the weapon to full throttle when she is upside down to get some nasty hits in. Hopefully I will also be able to juggle these hits of mine and toss her robot into a hazard for some extra damage and control points.

I have a good amount of ground-clearance thanks to my big wheels so it might be tricky for her robot to control me as often times I should be able to drive off the sides of her wedge and come in for another attack.

I'll keep my drum facing her at all times, spun up and ready to attack, keeping as aggressive as possible to impress the judges, doing my best to keep the action towards the centre of the arena, keeping myself away from the hazards.

Best of luck!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!