Chimera vs 2-Face

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Chimera vs 2-Face

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:23 pm

2-face || Speed: 8 // Traction: 7 // Torque: 3 // Armor: 12
Chimera || Speed: 7 // Traction: 7 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 5 // Armor 9 (+2 weapon)

forks

ok so they're running a specialized anti-spinner bot with no invertability. I have a flipper. you do the math.

I want to try to compete for the center of the arena at the start of the match. I'm a bit slower to accelerate but I want as much space as possible. once we get close together swap to a passive playstyle. hold my position, turn in place, and wait until I can line up a good head-to-head shot, or wait until they expose a side or whatever. be willing to retreat and give space if they're able to get to the side of my flipper. always try to j-turn it a bit so I'm not getting myself backed into any walls or anything.

if I get under, flip ASAP then just do usual controlbot stuff. dont feed them to killsaws tho. if they're ever able to push back against me while inverted for some reason (like if they get stuck on the curved bits at the base of my forks), fire the flipper while reversing. I want to destabilize them, but I dont want to flip them back over, if I can manage it. scrap that plan if it doesn't work. if they're consistently able to push me even while inverted, start flipping willy nilly - always try to guide them towards a hammer corner though.

whenever they're inverted, ramp up the aggression to 11. I get under them anywhere, so there's no need for caution.

if they get under, they have those big lion heads in the middle of the wedge that will basically immediately catch my flipper forks. my bot will not be under theirs, and I have a decent leverage point to flip from, so fire the flipper. otherwise usual random j-turn evasive manuevers. if the lions are like, paper mache or whatever, ramping over them becomes a viable option. but yeah try to always force head-on collisions so I maximize chance of forks getting under the lion head if I lose the initial engagement, provided that does work.

gl!