ARC Rumble 2.5

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

ARC Rumble 2.5

Post by Tcrrr » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:55 pm

https://www.advancedrobotcombat.com/vie ... 036#p75036
Here's all the bots and photos, strategies are due at midnight, EST, this Saturday, the 1st of July.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ARC Rumble 2.5

Post by attackfrog » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:39 pm

Flameout is here to spray them flames!

First, I will drive around trying to look nonthreatening and not draw aggro from the scary high DPS spinners. Once they've started to take each other out, I'll begin to go on the attack. I'll approach some of the other robots and spray flame on them to show the judges that I'm being aggressive. I don't expect much damage to be done yet, but this may draw some aggro. If it doesn't, so much the better: I'll back off for a bit then spray a little more flame.

Once other robots start going after me, I'll need to engage with them. I'll use my plow to block and hopefully entrap the robot that's coming after me as I spray it with flame. It'll have trouble seeing what it's doing, and I'll do my best to push it towards some other group of robots that can attack it from the rear. Once we're down to fewer robots left in the field, I'll just spray them with flame as best I can as long as I can, until they hopefully drop dead of heat exhaustion.

The flamethrower won't do immediate damage, but it will do significant damage over time, and the flames will be large enough to reach past plows and melt wheels and electronics.

If I take damage, I can afford to lose a few wheels or a few flame nozzles or a plow before Flameout flames out. That said, only Hazardous Waste Removal and Eccavania DOOM are going to be damaging my plow.

Good luck and have fun all!

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:59 pm

not bothering with stats or a really elaborate RP considering this is all gonna be fed into chatGPT or whatever :v

i'm probably going to have to stay near the center of the arena and use my speed and torque to get ontop of most of the opponents--if i can wrangle evanccia and/or flameout and just feed them into HWR that'd be gravy. tip robots over with my lifter, and if i can, launch them with my front-hinged flipper. just mainly try to stay alive and self-preserve as much as i can

avoid direct contact with the spinners, be aggressive and get ontop of any robot near me, flip and lift and drive them into the wall. the only real major hazard to me besides HWR is pneumatix so i might want to team up w/ pneumatix if i can. this ain't too much of a biggie so i'm not worried. self-right if i'm flipped. you know the drill
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:59 pm

Hiding in the corner and waiter for everyone else to kill each other is not fun

So the only real scary bot is hazardous waste removal, stay away from that thing. Try to finish it off if its weapon is dead or its immobilized and i get an ez hit at the wheels, otherwise stay the fuck away from it.
A weapon to weapon hit from it isn't really a big problem, i am just scared of that thing bouncing around or getting thrown into me from the side.

The other spinners i can take a few direct chasis hits from so i am not too scared about them, avoid getting flanked by them.
It would be funny of someone gets behind me and flips me so i land on top of someone else, realistically they will just push me (just my weapon really) into someone else which works well enough for me i guess.
I am sure that Ethan and/or Winter will try to push me into hazardous waste removal for a big weapon to weapon hit, i would rather not but its not bad either. Would be fun to watch for sure so... what am i saying i have no say over if that's happening or not lol

Stand near the edges, menacingly of course, and only move when i have some pray nearby. Partially to not get someone coming from behind easily but mostly so its easy for someone else to feed some other poor bot into my weapon because i sure as hell want to accept the sacrifice

Mandatory don't be dumb, if flipped when i get a moment to breathe self right with the gyro thing or by hitting a wall. uh... don't lose
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

Post by TurtleBack! » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:23 pm

Ok. Heres the strat.

Main strat will be the following: Since I don't have a wedge, avoid Hazardous Waste Removal till someone else knocks them out, also do my best to avoid Electric Worry, Powerdrive '22, and Evaccania DOOM in the first part of the match to avoid any damage for later. Proceed to attack Xcessive Pneumatix, even though they don't have a spinner, they could be an issue later on in case I lose my weapon. Also try to attack The King In Yellow and flameout for the funni.

After potentially finishing those three. Do either of the following

A) if Hazardous Waste Removal, Electric Worry, Powerdrive '22, and Evaccania DOOM all have pretty heavy damage, or all of their weapons have gone out at LEAST. go aggression mode and attack them

or

B) If they don't have much damage and they are still good to attack, wait for them to attack eachother and THEN attack from the backside to deal some damage

HOWEVER. if during the second part they are on to me and attack me?

BEST OF LUCK!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:42 pm

It’s a rumble babe any strategy i make is going to devolve in 5 seconds. Try to bully drums by destroying their wedges. Dont do stupid shit. Do my best to stay in the center of the arena

Also keep in mind my bot hits on the front and back so people trying to 3rd party me in encounters are still in danger.

If my spinner is out generally try to keep space, but i can play as a wedge if necessary

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:13 am

Stay away from the deadly opponents early in the rumble, let them wear each other out and get on the attack once some of the bots are damaged. Hazardous Waste Removal is a potential threat so stay away from him at all costs.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:45 pm

I'm gonna pretty much have a laugh and be a big bully during this rumble, starting out by going for Flameout, using my long, thin forks to slot inbetween his, getting him up on my wedge and just bullying him for the first few seconds, trying to toss him into the OOTA zone (at least I think it is one) if possible.

After this, whilst the other robots are in-fighting, I'm just going to pick on the drums whilst they are distracted, getting underneath them from the sides, trapping them on my wedge as none of them have a particularly high ground-clearance. My ultimate goal is to pretty much flip them into or towards Hazardous Waste Removal whilst keeping my distance, hoping that they either get eviscerated by it's disc or land on top of it and end up hitting it with their drums!

After a little bit of this, I'll just pick on Yellow King and Flameout (if it's still in) for a bit as they can't really kill my robot, trying my best to flip them towards the spinners to get hit on whilst avoiding them myself. I only really want to go after Hazardous Waste Removal if and when I have to later in the match, using my bricky armour and big deflecting wedge to my advantage to ping it around.

Best of luck everyone!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!