RFN Mini - Afternoon Cereal V. Break Dash

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

RFN Mini - Afternoon Cereal V. Break Dash

Post by winternimbus » Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:46 pm

AFTERNOON CEREAL - 8/6/1/10/5
(assuming that siobahn goes w/ her fork config)
BREAK DASH - 7/7/4/2/10 (+2 ABR plow)

going w/ break dash's ABR plow here.

"now, winter, why do you want to use your ABR plow and not your dedicated anti-spinner config?"

i'm betting on the forks of my ABR plow will be able to let me get a lean in over sio's forks OR ABR plow if she somehow uses that config--but that seems unlikely considering that she'll likely be using her standard config to get in damage to me. i know her forks are hinged so i *may* lose the wedge war here

with that being said, i'm going to need to use my better control and torque to deny her attempts at angling in, box rushing, and any other attempts at trying to be aggressive and take control of the fight. keep my ABR plow facing her as much as i can and try to focus most of her hits on my ABR plow as much as i can. the rest of my body can theoretically take hits but w/ the repeated hits rule, i don't want to risk it too much

she may be faster but her control disparity i think is going to be my ticket in this fight. i want to capitalize on her oversteering in order to drive in. once i have her on my plow i'm going to need to drive her into the hazards--namely the big time hammers and lift her up on her face and try to pin her there. i'm not sure if i can effectively utilize ramming damage here but i'm also going to try to shove her into the walls too, and the wall drum later on in the fight for a near-guaranteed K.O. because 5 points of armor is not going to hold up well against an 11-point wall drum

apart from that, i'm going to try to keep it towards the center of the arena, and there's a real danger of siobahn trying to OOTA me and lead me to the OOTA corners, so if i ever see her do that, back the fuck out to the center of the arenas. if i'm flipped, self-right with the lifter and probably hang near the killsaws as i back away trying to self-right

otherwise, be aggressive, take control, and use my better control, pushing power, and acceleration to my advantage here while refusing to give her any leeway of control

gl siobahn!
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: RFN Mini - Afternoon Cereal V. Break Dash

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:10 am

Oops sorry didnt notice this one posted it elsewhere, will copy in here:

Ac: Green: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 spinner / 5 lifter) / Armor: 8 (+3 front - includes weapon)

Break dash: SPEED - 7 | TRACTION - 7 |TORQUE - 4 | WEAPON - 2 | ARMOR - 10 (+2 front)

Ok so i have worse control and no torque, but i still like taking this fight as a controlbot. I do have better speed, and The spinner will let me destabilize her with a flip, and then i can move in with the lifter to keep her destabilized. I also might be able to bait her into using a flat wedge to angle in on me with - those dont work upside down. Also id like to be able to self right :v

[Of note: if she uses the abr, her only two points of contact are on the outsides of her wedge. That whole middle area is free game for my forks. If she uses the forks, then she gives me free spots to smack with my spinner. If she uses the anti- vert scoop (which should really be her anti-hs option?? The abr has angles for an hs to catch on??), then she’s really telegraphing that she wants to angle in, plus i can ramp over it. ]

General plan is to approach with long charges, keeping space to prevent her from really using her control advantage. i can also go for more standard engagements; i dont want to be a one trick pony. If she’s using the forks, i can also move the lifters up and out of the way and smack the upper tips of her wedges with the spinner. I can try this against the scoop too but it’ll probably be less effective.

In general be rather aggressive. Her statline benefits from a slower, more patient and controlled environment. Dont give that to her. Bounce off the walls like a toddler on too much sugar

If i end up on her wedge, i have a few options. I can raise my lifters up and hit reverse: this should cause me to endo (wheelie forewards), making my spinner contact her and launch me Somewhere Else. I can also try climbing over her with the lifter. or i can back straight up if i have a lot of space.

I am like. Super excited to have access to a 5 power lifter for the first time in forever. I can use it as a clamp (not agreat option because of the torque difference but might be useful if i have her on a killsaw?). I can move it out of the way and reset it in a flash. I can get lifts in before she can utilize her torque to recover. I have a lot more weapon versatility than she does with a single, slow 2 power weapon, and i really want to emphasize that to the judges.

Once i get a spinner hit in, snowball. Shove her to hazards. Try to set up a nice oota. Bully her with lifts chained into spinner smacks chained into spinner hits. Give her no space and make her have no fun >:3