RFN Mini - Kamaitachi vs 10,000 Year Earworm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

RFN Mini - Kamaitachi vs 10,000 Year Earworm

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:49 pm

Normal config please.

Don't Change Color Kitty has a big spinner diameter and a wide, flat vertical front, giving it a lot of reach, but it doesn't hit very hard and has almost no wedging ability.

Spin up to about 75% (to avoid gyro) and go on the attack with the lifter down. Be aggressive but try to keep the fight in her face and avoid giving her long run-ups where she could get high-bite hits and toss me around. She's probably going to try to juke around my lifter: be mindful of this and use quick reversing turns to keep the forks lined up and lure her onto my wedge. Ideally I want to feed my lifting forks into her blade at low closing speed to deflect it and pop her in the air, then push under, or get the lifter to the side of her blade and under the shield.

Once I'm under, gun the weapon throttle and lift: the barbs on my forks should catch the lower edge of that big vertical plate and make escaping hard. Try to either catch her underside/wheels or flip her over and hit the front as soon as she self-rights: either way keep attacking and stay in control of the match as long as I can. If she keeps catching the lifter and tossing me around, raise it behind me and go for weapon-to-weapon hits: I should have a big tip speed advantage.

If she gets a good bite and flips me I know my slow self-righting will let her follow up, but her weapon doesn’t have enough energy to hit repeatedly without stopping and can’t spin back up while contacting her opponent: either she’ll right me, have to push me with the bar stopped while I self-right, or back off and let me raise the lifter enough to drive on the top “horns.” She also can’t damage me much in the process, whereas any time I get past the front shield I can cause serious damage to her chassis or take a wheel off.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: RFN Mini - Kamaitachi vs 10,000 Year Earworm

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:39 am

Ok so we basically dont damage each other if i keep front facing. I have better speed and control.

The general goal here is to angle in on the lifting forks whenever possible, using my better control to pull off the maneuver at the last moment. I can also try things like stopping and starting (ye olde stutter start) to try to bait him into using the lifter early.

I’m really not sure how much use he’s gonna get out of a 1 power lifter on a vert in initial engagements, though. It will be a lot more effective as a secondary tool after his weapon has died down, as a way to keep up pressure. That effectiveness will be diminished by my superior control and speed though - any time he tries to lift me when I’m in disadvantage, it should be trivial to angle away (turning in random directions), and then try to go for a counterattack on one of his sides as he passes by. This same plan works for other disadvantage states, too.

That’s another thing i can try and do, if he’s being aggressive - try to back off to one angle and let him sail by, then try to get a hit in on his side.

I think I’ll generally try to own the center of the arena, although if i can keep him cornered near the oota or hazards, do that. I’m gonna be playing a more passive approach, letting him approach like 65% of the time? I dont want no aggression points but i want to play a reactive game.

If im In an advantage state, push it as hard as i can. Use my wide front to try and trap him at hazards, try to oota him or hit him into the drums, etc. if i can get behind him and stay behinr him, using my superior control to track his movements more efficiently than he can track mine