RFN mini R2: God's Middle Finger vs Kamaitachi

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

RFN mini R2: God's Middle Finger vs Kamaitachi

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:16 am

good finger: 4/1/1/17/8 shuffling shell spinner
kamaharahibatachi: 5/4/1/10/10 (+2 plow) vert without lifty arms

assuming he's using the Anti-HS config because duh.
if he isn't i will bend his entire frame after a single hit and take out both of his weapons.

He's got 12 armour on the spinner and that big plow, nice but 5 damage if i get a good hit so it is vulnerable to damage. Also 8 chasis armour so up to 9/2 = 4.5 shock damage, enough to be a problem to him. Dunno if the rules even say which way its rounded but i will assume not all hits will be full power so just 4.
Meanwhile i have 12 armor on the entire shell, his spinner cant even scratch it, he only deals 1 shock damage to me lol, the fatigue from self damage by the end of a long fight is a bigger problem but even then. Even if he somehow gets me flat upside down and jumps backwards to land a direct hit on one of the shuffling banks that wont break it.

Sure there is nothing to catch on that plow and a shell spinner is perfect for just sliding off wedges instead of catching the very corner but that means as he pushes me i wont lose that much speed on the spinner and i will get pushed towards his, making for a weapon to weapon hit which will clearly damage him way more than me.
There is a chance of me catching the side of the disk and giving me the corner damage bonus. 6 damage is enough to one shot weapons so if i get a really good hit... unlikely to kill weapon on first hit but possible.

He can probably try to push with the side of the wedge for less chance of weapon to weapon, he will have less control that way. Might increase the chance of those hits to be good idk.

His drivetrain is not bad but like, 5 speed 1 torque doesn't scream to me box rush or constant stuffing or chasing after hits.

Why am a writing this much? i just need to hit harder, not getting cornered helps i guess, standard shell spinner things.
glhf
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Hooray For Lexan

Re: RFN mini R2: God's Middle Finger vs Kamaitachi

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:30 pm

Anti-spinner config please.

GMF has 1 traction and a massive shell: it'll probably struggle to move while spinning up at full throttle due to reaction torque. It's decently quick at full speed though. Don't count on a box rush working: instead spin up and approach cautiously, picking and choosing my approach angle. I can't take too many full-speed hits from that thing so I have to make them count. Line up and try to send it into the wall drums or the OOTA corners. The ramped floor may further deflect it and keep it off-balance, or high-center it: either way it buys me time. Once the shell is slowed down go full-bore attack mode: chase her down, keep hitting her, and do not under any circumstances let her spin back up. If I can flip GMF over, shell spinners tend to be off-balance "coining" for a second or so after self-righting and can't immediately maneuver or spin up, and I can withstand low-speed hits pretty well. If I can hit the srimech pole or get under the chassis while she self-rights, do so, otherwise just keep combo-ing hits and running the clock down even if I can't spin up to full speed. If my weapon stays working try to herd GMF toward the OOTA corners: even with its extra weight I may be able to get it out. If my weapon stops then still try to high-center it in the corners but use the wall drum and pulverizers as well.