RFN mini R2: Voltage vs Apeirogon II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

RFN mini R2: Voltage vs Apeirogon II

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:27 pm

Volts: 6/6/2/4/12 4-bar flipper
Apirugon: 9/8/2/7/4 vert mounted on swingy arm

Reminder than the hazards are so weak all of my fuor armosr can handle them just fine, i can oota him but so can he so maybe better to play it safe and avoid going to that section of the arena.
I am much faster, he got a bit better control, we both got equal torque (still win in pushing because faster).
He is essentially indestructible so my spinner ends up being a flipper that more or less matches his in power, my low armour doesn't really matter much because he doesn't have much of ramming damage and read above.

So the plan is to just use my higher speed to outaggro him, throw him around idk you get the point.

I am ever so slightly less useless than him when inverted, if i get flipped and bouncing on the spinner doesn't work self right right away with the arm thingy.
On the other hand his lack of spinner makes him easier to flip (citation needed), and because he is useless when inverted i will take a moment to breath while he flips himself back only to attack as he is landing back, use the breather to line up the hit or something.
If that doesn't work well or he running away like a coward is a consistent theme just go after him after each hit idk

you get the point just throw him around or something
glfh
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

British-Robotics

Re: RFN mini R2: Voltage vs Apeirogon II

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:14 am

Voltage: 6/6/2/4/12 4-bar flipper
Apeirogon II: 9/8/2/7/4 vert mounted on a swingy arm

Ok, So I may not be able to outpace Apeirogon II but I feel all that speed and traction. I feel Apeirogon II is that speedy there is potential they may overshoot in trying to get near me, come for a close encounter for Apeirogon II to potentially get ramped up and use my weapon to flip him.

Apeirogon II’s arm looks heavier than the weapon and if I do manage to flip Apeirogon I feel he may take some time to get back onto its wheels. leave my weapon raised to act as a pinning method if my opponent attempt to self-right, my weapon is high enough to be at a similar height to the opponent's chassis.

Attempt to carefully take them to the hammers and hope to damage Apeirogon II’s underbelly or any part of the chassis as his armor is very frail. Try and take them to hazards as much as possible.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)