RTT Wk6: Powerdrive vs. Omicron32

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

RTT Wk6: Powerdrive vs. Omicron32

Post by attackfrog » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pm

Omicron32: viewtopic.php?t=10030#p74661
Powerdrive: viewtopic.php?t=10030#p74668

Sorry I didn't declare, TBR, but hopefully it's obvious that I'll be using the lifter and not the plow against you. There aren't any scary HSes in the division so the thing's totally useless anyway.

Anyway, I outspeed Powerdrive and I have better driving control by a significant amount. To avoid getting forked, I'll take full advantage of that to get around the side of the bot where it's oh-so-easy to wedge. So "fancy driving", curving around, etc. Powerdrive will probably be dealing with some gyro as well if it tries to match that, which will slow it down. If we do end up head-to-head, I can spin to the side to get the end of my long wedge underneath the corner of Powerdrive.

Anyway. once I get underneath, I'll lift a bit for further control and push Powerdrive into hazards. It's low enough to the ground that it won't be able to ramp over my spikes. If I can't get it to the hazards for whatever reason I'll pin it against the wall.

If I get hit I've got enough armor to not take too much damage, and the ability to just keep going if I'm flipped: move the lifter to the front and carry on.

GLHF TBR.

British-Robotics

Re: RTT Wk6: Powerdrive vs. Omicron32

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:54 am

Powerdrive 22’: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 (1 Schrimech) Armor: 7

Omicron32: 7 Speed / 7 Traction / 4 Torque / 3 Weapon / 9 Armor

First off my weapon power is strong enough to damage Omicron, but I’ll activate the weapon at half power to prevent myself from gyroing at the start when trying to turn, even go for a few pops, there are plenty of areas for my forks to get under Omicron.

Omicron may be quicker than me, but he may “Overspeed” at times, that's where I need to take advantage, I need to get close to Omicron and aim to break one of his wheels, make my weapon full power at this stage and hope to create some damage, maybe get under and go for a few mighty pops.

Don’t bother chasing Omicron about and avoid getting caught, If I’m caught by the side and he’s able to flip me, use the self-righter, do everything possible to try and slip away the pushing momentum of Omicron

Good luck and may the best robot win.