Ruination Week 5 Lightweights: I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs Pink Wedge (Grabber)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination Week 5 Lightweights: I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs Pink Wedge (Grabber)

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:50 pm

I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
Pink Wedge (Grabber): 8/7/3/2/10 (+2 to wedge)

I'll be using the Big Friggin' Wedge with Wedgelets and the Heavy Stoppers (might as well change things up a bit)

I'll be starting as aggressively as always, rushing in as fast as I can towards his robot before slowing down just a little bit as we get close, so I don't make any silly mistakes. I'm hoping to meet him head on at all times as he has no forks for me to fear and I have 4 independently hinged wedgelets which means I should be getting the better of the wedge war whenever we meet. The two of us are very similar design-wise and stat-wise as well but I have the better wedge and the higher ground-clearance to help deal with that pesky grabber of his, not that it's going to be too effective anyways as it will be slow and simply slide off of my massive wedge if he gets under me. When I do get under him, hopefully I can just keep him on my wedge and ram him into the walls, perhaps on the impact of those rams managing to re-adjust his position on my wedge to that of a more sideways one, meaning that it'll be even harder for him to get off and only one of his wheels will be on the ground for me to push him even more effectively. If his grabbing tail is down and I am underneath him from the ground then his wheels will be off of the ground, meaning that I can ram him more easily, hopefully trapping him in the corner for the pulverizers to do their bit. With my higher armour, if we both get hit by the hazards the same number of times, I should have sustained less damage which will hopefully mean damage is in my advantage on the score cards. I'll always remain facing him at all times, no matter what, driving off of his wedge immediately if he gets under me and remaining as aggressive and controlling as I can be.

Best of luck Pat!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!