Predictions // Ruination, The Tempest

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Predictions // Ruination, The Tempest

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:20 pm

idk if imma line this shit up with numbers I think im just gonna look at the bots n yak about em

ICBINTanto // I love this thing. it's like. the queen of having a good chance into anything.

The Act of Being Polite // large weapon means it's easier to smother, and hish weapon to armor difference means it will struggle if it can't kill things quickly.

Pneumatix // I love you little green robot with eyes

Venice Queen // Im honestly not convinced I can get away with this stat line now that everyone just clicks 16 for all their spinners but it makes me happy so im not planning on stopping

Chimera // I legitimately could not make a better render ever I love this thing

Failure duplicator // I absolutely love this render this thing looks so cool.

Aperirogon II // lmao

Taisabachi // hhjsdjfsdf the weight reduction is hexagons and it's bee theme and I love love love. not that convinced about a 6/4 drivetrain on a long bot

Multicrap // nice Ritual clone :P

Disposal Unit // MY BELOVED

Omicron32 // not convinced it can consistently lift, but it should still do decently with 4 torque of pushing power

Big Boy Flaily // I have no idea how to evaluate a flailbot

Scrapper // hjajsdahjsd everyone's bringing their dope looking giant drums to the party im so happy

Black Hazard // as much as we mock this style of spinner all the time it ind of usually sucks on arc. I think the statline you're running will do well. kinda wish I had a MW so I could fight it

Hartmann's Youkai Bot III // huh I guess you're the big fuckoff spinner guy aren't you

Containment breach // I love any time we get to see a sewer snake clone, but a sewer snake clone with a duck wedge?? 10/10

Rampage // I can't see the image, im assuming this is the bot yall went to BB with? Interested to see whether this or Black Hazard does better.

25 or 6 to 4 // that turn radius is a bit... turn radius, but at least it's not going to have wedge problems. I like the speed & control, might be able to beat a big spinner by control-botting it.

MORE PUZZLES // I love that disc

Storm Worm // it's got tits! tits! on a robot!

Anyone's guess // Weapon: 1 egg dropper

Pink Grabber // that weapon is way too far back to only have 2 power, it's going to take forever to get it into position, and if you drive with it further foreward it's gonna wheelie. good stats though, could brute force a few fights

Bite Me // I feel like I've seen a lot of spinners in MW. this doesnt have great control and dies in one hit, not liking those chances

Fork the Wind // this thing's design and stats slap, legit championship contender

Not So Huge // spinners had those stats 8 years ago, I still think it works well.

2-face // neat render. won't like getting flipped much.

Burning Blue // that looks rad as hell

Discus Death // I wonder if this thing can out-manuever MORE PUZZLES...

Powerdrive // oh this thing is SUCH a shape I love it

Flipkick // well. this will be. interesting to fight.

skoll // I love the weight reduction on this

Compound fracture // I love this thing. all the best parts of original sin and sewer snake on one bot

Boreas // I like this statline slightly less than Black Hazard's

Whipscorpion // I like this

No Tomorrow // where we're going we don't need to turn!

Greenwar // ooh I like this one's stats slightly more than black hazard, unless it actually gets punished for having mediocre control

Pathos // that's a lotta fuckin torque. still has good armor too.

Deep Dish Destruction // I love this

Ayame // will have to work very hard to beat 16 weapon bots but has a decent matchup everywhere

Chieftain // oh that girl's one hell of a chonker I love her

TD // this will struggle into HSes but I dont think there were actually any in this weight class??

Powerbar // it really hurty my brain that the bar just goes through the bot but like I get that rendering is hard ive been there.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Predictions // Ruination, The Tempest

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:15 am

Lightweight:
Quite an stacked and diverse class, difference between tiers is smaller than usual.
Probably the most interesting weightclass

S TIER
One of these is probably going to win
  • Scrapper 4/2/1/16/7 murderdrum
    Half the field insta loses to this, the other half could potentially outdrive it enough but is unlikely to end up unscathed enough to win the jd / not blow up
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto 8/7/3/0/12 wedge
    Really big wedge, has good chances against everyone on this class
  • Burning Blue 6/6/2/4/12 flipper
    Well rounded flipper, could struggle in a lot of fights but if driven well enough could beat everyone too
A TIER
Overall good but also likely to loose a few fights, decent chance of winning the title
  • Venice Queen 10/8/2/1/9(+2 front) flipper
    Will kick ass until it runs into a spinner a big spinner and dies. there is only 3 of those so half decent chance not running into one of them at all. tbh it could beat the spinners, don't count on it tho
  • Pink Wedge 8/7/3/2/10( +2 wedge) grabber
    Same as above but less extreme, a bit worse against control bots but noticeably better against spinners
  • Failure Duplicator 4/2/1/16(15/15)/7 vs / hs
    Spinny spin wins the same fights that Scrapper does, the fights where Scrapper could go either way FD probably loses, loses to Scrapper and maybe Whipscorpion
B TIER
Probably will win multiple fights, unlikely to get very fight. Overall decent. Mid of the pack stuff maybe idk
  • Whipscorpion 15/2/1/3/9 (hammer tail thing (weapon tip)) puncher meltybrain
    Loses to everything with good armor, beats everything without good armor
  • Ayame 8/7/2/2/11 Low-pressure Pneumatic Flipper with optional anti-overhead and sawtooth wedge attachments
    Good wedge flipper thing, underwhelming armor tho, would be a lot higher if it had a 12(+1 front) armor config or something
    Its basically a worse Venice Queen that trades drivetrain for armor but doesn't get enough armor to actually make a difference
C TIER
More like dark horse tier
  • Flipkick 4/4(-1)/1/12/9 - 10/11(+2 wheels) huge clone / hammersaw
    It can't really control anyone and the weapon is underwhelming so it wont really do much damage either
    On the other hand you can't really do anything to it, so no counter maybe?
  • 25 or 6 to 4 6/5/1/9/9(+1 front/weapon)
    Nice name bruh. Overall rounded stats but more like middle of nowhere stats. Its not terrible in any situation but gets outperformed by everyone in some way so it could either do very well or very bad
Middleweight:
Spinners everywhere, only 2 bots with more than 5 speed lol

S TIER
  • Apeirogon 3/3/1/22/1 gun
    LMFAO get rekt
  • Containment Breach 6/6/3/2/13 (+1 front) lifter brick
    Imagine being a brick in a field full of spinners. Tad slow for a brick but there is no one to exploit that.
  • MORE PUZZLES 0(4)/2/0/17/11 gyro walker vs
    This thing is dumb and shouldn't work. Last time around it did kick everyone's ass and this time around no one can exploit its awkward and cumbersome handling so...
A TIER
Yeah so...
  • Skoll 4/2/1/16/7 undercutter hs
    Spins in horizontal
  • The Act of Being Polite 4/2/1/16/7 undercutter hs
    Yummy spinner
  • No Tomorrow 4/2/1/16/7 undercutter hs
    Do you see where i am going with this tier?
B TIER
Probably will win multiple fights, unlikely to get very fight. Overall decent. Mid of the pack stuff maybe idk
  • Disposal Unit 5/3/1/12/9 drum spinner
    The thing that set this vert apart from the others in this class is that this has enough armor to tank multiple hits from the big spinners so it could actually beat a few of those
C TIER
More like not bad
  • Black Hazard 5/4/1/13/7 - 11/9(+2 wedge) vert
    Pretty cool vertical spinner, doesn't have enough armor to even try to to tank any of the bots in A or S tier nor does it have the drivetrain to control them so yeah...
  • TD 5/4/1/13/7 drum spinner
    Same as above
D TIER
Yeah so maybe next time
  • Bite Me 7/5/2/11/5 crusher
    This bot is not bad at all, it would do very well in HW.
    However in this weight class there is literally only one other bot that DOESN'T one shot this so it ain't happening fam. unfortunate
Heavyweight:
It seems like everyone brought armor to fight the big spinners but the big spinners forgot to show up

S TIER
  • Chimera 7/7/2/5/9(+2 weapon) flipper
    Really cool looking flipper, 4-bar is cool. It should outperform the other flipper a bit because of the stats
    Yes Sio you really could never ever make a better render than this, git gud lol /s
  • Xtreme PneumatiX 7/6/2/3/12 flipper
    The other overall good flipper, it looks less good and is a more conventional design but it has eyes tho
    Also i like how you enter this thing everywhere with no changes.
  • Fork The Wind 7/6/2/8/7 - 5/10(+3 wedge) control vert
    This thing is surprisingly good and in a favorable field for it. It relies on the spinner for self righting so the flippers could exploit that a bit, no one has an easy match against this.
A TIER
Overall good but also likely to loose a few fights, decent chance of winning the title
  • Powerdrive 6/4/1/12(11/1)/7 vert
    I would shit on the underwhelming 11 power vert and needing a dedicated srimech but in this field you would need like 15 power to do something so this ends up working as a control vert which gives it some favorable matches and it the srimech will end up coming in handy several times
  • Compound Fracture 7/6/3/3/11(+1 wedge or top panel) - 2/12(+2 plow) lifter brick
    Imagine being a brick in a field without spinners. Still not bad agianst flippers and stuff. HFL has a good shot at making it work
B TIER
  • Taisabachi 6/4/2/8(7/1(4))/10 control hs / flipper
    It should be good and i think i can get my tricks to work, still not particularly good at anything other than the ocasional shenanigan so idk
C TIER
More like alright tier
  • Rampage 5/4/1/11/9(+2 wedge) vert
    That is one suspiciously realistic looking render, very good job /s
    Anyways this ends up being like Powerdrive but worse as it is a bit slower and will sometimes struggle to self right (this will mater in several matches). The extra armor is unlikely to help much here
  • Omicron32 7/7/4/3/9 - 1/11(+2 plow) lifter
    Cool looking lifter, original for sure. May or may not faceplant when trying to lift certain bots. It may get overwhelmed by faster bots or bots with more aggressive flippers and vertical spinners but it could also smother those same bots completely with the good handling and torque.
    Are the games actually good tho?
D TIER
Almost there tier
  • 2-face 8/7/3/0/12 brick
    This is a good brick, it would do pretty well against horizontals but there are none here really. It would do pretty well in control matches but it is useless when flipped and has no way to self right so its kinda screwed. if only it was a MW
    Also i though that this was one of those "reserve" posts that go nowhere, embed fail lol
  • Greenwar 4/2/1/14/9(+2 wedge) - 13/10(+3 wedge) vert
    Its really weird that there is configs that trade weapon power for front armor but no config that goes all in on weapon, it would make sense with 4/2/1/16/7. This is a lot worse in this class as basically everyone else is the kind of but that you would want to go all in on weapon to fight against.
    This will get outdriven by everyone and wont be able to deal good damage back. unforch
    There is a parallel universe where Greenwar and Bite Me swap places and both win their respective titles.
Superheavyweight:
Nice variety, a healthy mix of bricks and deathspinner with some random stuff thrown in between

S TIER
  • Pathos 7/6/5/1/11(+2 plow) lifter brick
    This is a really good brick and there isn't anything in this class that is particularly good against this so...
  • Chieftain 6/6/4/4/10 - 1/13(+3 scoop) 180-degree Lifting Scoop driven by geared electric motors, with attached rack-and-pinion forks for extra stability
    You sure that you aren't V900 on a disguise? High torque and traction with rather low speed for a lifter, overkill front armor...
    This is high for the same reasons that Pathos is. On paper Pathos beats this but if a writer says get reck Pathos your rear wheels don't pop behind your chasis then this wins
    Really though, 16 armor is overkill
  • Deep Dish Destruction 3/1/1/16/9 - 15/10(+1 weapon teeth) fbs
    hmmm Pizza...
    This is higher than the other deathspinners because it beats them in a one on one fight
A TIER
Deja Vu
  • Hartmann's Youkai Bot III 4/2/1/16/7 undercutter hs
    Spin goes big
  • PowerBar 4/2/1/16/7 undercutter hs
    flat
B TIER
  • Boreas 5/4/1/12/8 - 10/10(+2 wedge) drum
    Solid vertical spinner. The thing it has going for is that it should have a good match against the bricks and it has enough armor to maybe take down the big spinners. This may not have many easy fights where it matches but it wont have a hard time against anyone
    Honestly this isn't in A tier so i can make a joke
  • Anyone's Guess 6/6/4/4(3/1)/11(+1 wedge) lifter / deployable egg?
    Kind of a dark horse brick, do shuffler wedges work again?
C TIER
More like not quite B tier tier
  • Multicrap 6/5/2/7(5/2(1/1/1/1))/10 - 5(3/2(1/1/1/1))/12(+2 plow) lifter/wedge/clamp/bbq-grill/kinetic-saw/vert/spinner/hammer/swiss-army-knife bot
    This bad boy looks pretty cool, it is not a fancy watch tho.
    Kind of an stupid idea that exists for the sake of being an stupid idea.
    It should have at least decent maches against everyone else.
  • Not So Huge 5/4(-1?)/1/14/6 huge clone
    Will lose pretty hard to the spinners, may or may not win on damage against the rest of the class.
D TIER
The funny tier
  • Big Boy Flaily 3/3/1/15(14/1)/8(+1 shield) flail spinner
    Middle of nowhere stats and flails are questionable as a concept. Funny bot tho
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53