arc series 2

patrickrowberry

arc series 2

Post by patrickrowberry » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:45 pm

Defenestrator won the giant nut last year and we welcome you to a new eara of robot combat, the streats epmty, the land purged this is are tiem to shine let your keyboard warries go and leash not hte depth of hell a new robotic overlords but only 1 can be crowned the new king of this forgoten land, and will it be you? Well challegers and contests wil lcome far and wide to reach the top but only 1 may hold the crown of robots. and will Defenestrator hold his crown

I am a cyborg 679 here to guide you to create your first ever arc tourney if you know what you doing skip ahead, but for you lot we are making a heavyweight robot built for destroying the others and you may be worthy enough to hold the crown

how will you make your bot? here no matter how well or bad you do you will get 4 fights then the top 8 go into a single elimination bracket

how will you make your bot?

-will is be a model, Lego, cardbord, knex all the above.. that's perfectly fine just make sure it high quality picture and others can clearly see what its job is, it's a good tip for any creation to give it a description of how many wheels and there placement (if not visible) the weapon type and so on if you not sure ask questions below there are many friendly faces here willign to help out.

-will it be digital, eg a program or cad or so on, you just need to make it clear make it easy for others to understand a thing to remember just because you know how something works don't assume others do explaining stuff in arc is your best freind.

-other, anything is allowed in arc as long as you keep to these basic rules you should be good 1. is it realistic, 2. is it clear of what it is meant to do. 3. do i have enough pictures/ angles of it. 4.have fun. creating robots is the best part there real not to many limits only your imagingation.

the ARC ruleset:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ka3 ... JtECk/edit

this doc will help you go though each stat and expalin them i na simpel but effective way first timers should not be scared to try new stuff though as the sytsem is very rebust.

other thigsn to note:

-repeated hits: if Your Weapon equals your opponent’s Armor, you will still be able to break through that armour in 12 hits. For every point of weapon you are below their armour, it will take 2 additional hits. For every point of weapon you are above their armour, it will take less hits to puncture an opponent’s armour, as noted here:damage: 0>1>2>3>4>5>6hits: 12>10>8>6>4>2>1These rules are guidelines for the approximate time it will take you to destroy a single location on your opponents: situations in-match may adjust the exact numbers, and if yall flame writers for not saying the exact numbers of hits and shit, don’t expect to get away with it.

-Flails will not benefit from repeated hits. weapons below 5 power will not benefit from repeated hits.

==> Crushers Deal Damage Like Saws, and can be multi-speed for no point investment. Chainsaws act as Saws.

==> Vertical Thwack Damage is (speed+tra)/2 . ramming damage is still (speed+torque)/2.

==> Hammers Deal No Bonus Damage, do get +1 shock damage

==> Shells don’t get the +4 armor bonus any more.

==> Melties get +5 to traction for the purposes of spinning up, Speed+weapon cannot exceed 18

==> A bot with a -2 control ratio is capable of being flanked EVEN IF it is faster than its opponent if it has lost control. this is left to writer’s discretion: I will be writing it at something like a 10-15% chance, I think (subject to change with staff conversations)

==> Three (3) Total Configs are Allowed. Two (2) Stat Lines are allowed Total. All Configs that change stats or weapon archetypes must declare by Wednesday.This limit includes ALL variables: wedge variations, hammer blockers, mobile armor bonuses, wedgelets, etc.. Be creative with your 3 options.

==> To represent their weight bonuses: Walkers get 2 extra points, and are limited to 5 speed. Shufflers get one extra point, and are limited to 7 speed. Shufflers and Walkers must adhere to sportsman rules in all divisions, and are given no weight (and therefore no stat) bonuses in the sportsman division

(basically robots4 ruleset (kiss)

how do i fight?

its simple you will be given a match up and must write no more then 500 words your strategy to win the fight you must not look at the other person's strategy at any point you will post them on this sub as "your bot vs their bot" unless the post is already made and you add your start as a comment.

you have to the 1st of may to enter, to enter you must do 3 thigns-show intrest (write a comment saying "i'm in")

-show your creation (stat your bot giving it a description of what it is and what it does with pics, vids, ect making sure it's lcear what you bot does)

-ask questions and take part in the discussion (don't be afraid to change you bot at any time as long as it's before the 1st of may we will let you know if you in or need to fix suttf and help you get accpeted nad take yo uthough as much as possible)

arena; modern battlebots arena ( lego model made by the great edmondo; https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3f8337e ... id=1&pid=1 )

-2 outa zones (require a minimum of 4 power to get a outa)

pulverisers (do 8 damaged +1 for shock bonus )

screws (do 6 damage but more designed to lift bots)

kill saws (activate after 1;30 into the battle and do 5 damage)

staff;

-patrick
-
-
-
-

contestants (if you in you will be on this list we can edit this at any point we still are excepting robots there is no max we will have as many robots as possible)

-Patrick rowberry - (fork the wind)
-Botomatic1000 - ( TORSCHLUSSPANIK )
-Colon_The ( Bernard )
-British-Robotics (???)
-YSMQTHLQYH ( Gatecrasher )
-
-
-
-
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

patrickrowberry

Re: arc series 2

Post by patrickrowberry » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:51 pm

robot here--- fork the wind

(fork config) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... e_wind.png

(wedge config) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _wedge.png

4 wheel drive with a medium wheel base and hinged forks

(can self right with vert)

stats 7,6,2,8,7 (with forks) 7,6,2,5,10(+ 3 to wedge -3 to base armour=7, for wedge set up)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:55 pm

Time to take another crack at this ARC business...

TORSCHLUSSPANIK
Stats to be decided...

Colon_The

Post by Colon_The » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:01 pm

Bernard will be back in

Arc Series 2

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:52 am

I might as well join this session

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:57 pm

Gatecrasher
Stats:
  • Speed: 6
  • Traction: 4
  • Torque: 4
  • Weapon: 4 (3 Lifter / 3 Flipper)
  • Armor: 12 (+1 to plow)
The whole plow thing is a lifter, the lighter bar in the middle of the lifter is a front hinged flipper
The round thingies in the back are made out of rubber and their purpose is to make sure the bot can't fall on the one angle where the flipper can't self right it.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53