Butcher's Circus Round 3: Evaccania DOOM vs Tower of Grey

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Butcher's Circus Round 3: Evaccania DOOM vs Tower of Grey

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 am

Evaccania DOOMTower of Grey
Speed: 4Speed: 7
Traction: 2Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 5
Armour: 7Armour: 11(+4 wedge)
No wedgebrick config

Yes, i am NOT using any wedge. With the symmetrical design of his plow i don't actually need to get under to hit it and throw Tower of Grey far far away. Even if i hit something that isn't the wedge i can still hit the top of the flat sides with no problem and vaporize it's chasis.
If he commits to it he may flank me but he won't be able to do it consistently and runs the risk of getting hit on the side, potentially from above with gyro, and that is instant game over. Even if he successfully flanks all he gets is to push me around, no real hazards here and he can't OOTA.
If he goes for ramming straight at me he may take little to no damage on the plow but the 7 chasis armor will let me deal lots of shock damage, especially on that weapon mechanism. He is unlikely to be able to consistently stuff me, more so if he gets thrown 8 feet upwards after each hit.
I don't know how much armour the puncher itself has, it could be anywhere from 7 or 9 up to 17. It probably has less in the bar part than in the thick front. If he tries to punch the drum he will take a big hit on the puncher while extended and in a direction that the weapon isn't strong, yeah so that mechanism is going to last like 3 hits tops if he tries this.

The strat is to start by spinning up like normal, back off if he goes for the box rush. Keep facing him and attack when at full speed. If he goes for the flank or angling turn to face him, gyroing is ok but not preference. Also if there is space i can try backing away while turning, that might help.
If the spinning floor turns on try to get either one of us in a spinning part or have an entire circle between us, that will make it harder for him to get a good angle while i don't need much precision thanks to big drum energy.

He needs to survive for 3 minutes and then win a Judges' Decision while being down on damage by a lot while all i need to do is hit the thing until it gives up out of shock damage or get one lucky hit.

GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Butcher's Circus Round 3: Evaccania DOOM vs Tower of Grey

Post by Trihunter » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:19 pm

Ok, this is gonna be a little rough. However, we have one key factor: Our puncher has 15 armour. This is very good for no-selling.

Just gonna keep it simple. Play defensive, draw them to the spinners. If they go around the spinner, go for a sucker punch with the arm, tanking the shot whilst probably throwing them, then quickly follow up with a rushdown to get them stuck on the wall. Maybe use another punch if they're right at the ramps, for a chance at an OotA. If they go over the spinners, just score the easy side-on ram, shoving them and trying to get them over. Thanks to gyro nonsense (look at the size of that thing!), they should go up easily, and their wheelguards prevent them from driving when like this. Either way, keep them off of their wheels, or at least keep barging them around, using careful spacing and keeping them on our front end as much as plausible.

GLHF
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)