2A vs Multiply and Surrender (ft. no steppy!)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

2A vs Multiply and Surrender (ft. no steppy!)

Post by V900 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:05 pm

robots
V900 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Sportsman: 2A

Speed: 3
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 16 (11 gun, 11 ammo), 24 bullets total

No Steppy!
Speed: 6
Torque: 4
Traction: 6
Armor: 6
Weapon: 2

NON-multibot (where it enters the arena without No Steppy)
Speed: 3
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets total

The gun has a big pneumatic engine nearby it that can either rapid-fire PEWPEWPEW BRRRRT the bullets all at once or a couple at a time. It's invertible but the gun's feeding mechanism (read: a ramp) won't really work upside down. Basically, it does this.

No Steppy is both invertible and can self right. It's really just Phat Slug with less stat points, though.

Multibot weight distribution is 50/50. The bullets make up a lot of the main bot's weight + some weight's taken from the insides and stuff, to the point where the chassis wobbles and sways when driving. I'm sure it'll be fine. :^)
YSMQTHLQYH wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:02 am Featherweight Sportsman: Multiply and Surrender
Spoiler
yes
Stats:
  • Speed: 7
  • Traction: 7
  • Torque: 7
  • Weapon: 5(3 Hammer / 3 Clamp / 3 Flamethrowers)
  • Armor: 4
:b:am plate config:
  • Weapon: 2(1/1/1/1) Flamethrowers
  • Armor: 7(+3 :b:am plate)
I AM USING THE MULTIBOT

about darn time tbh

observations:
  • 2A's bullets have teeth designed to catch on opponents and ensures that any near-misses aren't deflected. You can see them in the CAD.
  • Perfect traction means YSM can't argue "well he'll slip while turning and miss his shots".
  • I have 24 ammo and inflict 3-4 shock damage per shot. 3 when taking the -1 damage distance penalty, 4 when upclose. Hint hint, 4 shock is enough to easily knock off that plate with a few hits in the same place.
  • 1 hit to his treads and they're toast.
  • 🅱amplate config means no wedge and thus literally 0% chance of getting under. No dice rolls here.
  • The added acceleration from 7 torque is only 0.33 seconds higher than me, AKA not a lot. Not enough to flank NS with only a 1 point speed difference, anyway.
  • 1 power flamethrowers take 20 seconds to penetrate 1 armor.
strategy:
  • 2A in the back, No Steppy! up front facing wherever M&S decides to start.
  • Have 2A slowly approach while NS acts as keepaway and buzzes around 2A. He'd have to flank both of us in order to ram 2A, not gonna happen.
  • Keep NS's lifter down and use it only as a lifter. Don't clamp. The idea is to disrupt M&S's approach. Aim to flip him over and expose him to attack.
  • Fire 2A's cannon only if NS is out of the way, and either: 1. I can line up the +1 close-up damage bonus (and stop if M&S strays out of that range), or 2. if I have the opportunity to hit M&S's chassis/treads at any range with 2A's cannon. Do so at 4 bullets per second.
gl hf

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: 2A vs Multiply and Surrender (ft. no steppy!)

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:22 pm

2A: 3/3/1/16(11 gun / 11 ammo)/1 - yes multibot
No Steppy!: 6/6/4/2/6
Multiply and Surrender:7/7/7/2(1/1/1/1 flamethrowers)/7(+3:b:am plate) - :b:am plate config
By the way the fourth flamethrower that is unique to this config is spread on the emoji facing upwards.
This fight could go either way and is going to be decided in the first 5 seconds lol.

His damage output to the :b:am plate: [damage/repeated hits/shock]
  • Far far away: 0 / 12 / 3
  • Normal: 1 / 10 / 3
  • Point Blank: 2 / 8 / 4
I was low key expecting more. Also remember that the repeated hits need to be on the same place (he won't have the consistent accuracy to) and is only for making a hole and will need to get an additional shot on said hole to actually win.
By the time the shock damage matters he will be out of ammo already.

NS! isn't low enough to not get hit by the gun and even one shot will destroy it. Also note that it's weapon is a slow lifter and not a low power flipper, this is VERY IMPORTANT.

The goal is to ram down that barrel without ever giving it aim at my side, with that long shape i don't even need to be at full speed to disable it, tho with my dumb torque with instant acceleration i will be at full speed even while getting shot at the BS firerate of those shots with rather low mass each and/or pushing No Steppy!

Start by getting close fast and stop at ~2/3 of the distance or something, if he tries to shot me while getting closer like i low key want him to use my perfect control to spread the damage to the entire :b:am plate, especially the sides.

If he has No Steppy! right in front of the cannon then get really close and stop right in front of it, perhaps going a bit over it's wedge and backing off immediately. If he lifts its weapon at all just ram through it to break the cannon with my new meat shield as the lifter will stop me from monstertrucking. If not then start backing off at an everincreasing angle, if this goes for long enough for me to have sight with 2A then quickly make a hard turn and RAM STRAIGHT AT 2A as am the wedge won't be able to do anything.

If he has NS! besides 2A like i expect to, ram at full speed with all of the fire on while aiming to get hit on the side farther from NS!, ideally at a slight angle to spread the damage a bit. When NS! starts engaging to move to intercept me, use my torque to stop and reverse INSTANTLY, back off at an angle moving to the side closer to NS!, if he follows me read previous paragraph.
This is done so Noah tries to kill me while ramming, he will waste half his ammo in 2 seconds lol.

When i just have to deal with NS! be evasive and stay near the center. Do quite a few of those stopping baits. If he does lift the weapon a bit before ram forwards as i can push NS! around and maybe damage it. Or when he gets used to the bait actually monstertruck him so then i can ram it's back in reverse.
GL HF Gun enthusiast
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53