I Can’t Believe it’s Not Tanto vs Cyan Printer Ink

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

I Can’t Believe it’s Not Tanto vs Cyan Printer Ink

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:09 pm

I Cant Believe it’s Not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
Cyan Printer Ink: Speed: 4 Traction: 3 Torque: 1 Weapon: 15 Armour: 7 (Default Config)
Using the plow and the heavy stoppers

You know what I’m gonna do to start this thing, that good ol’ wedgey box-rush, yeah, one big son of a brick! I’ve got all the speed I need to get up to him without a worry in the world as long as I keep that wedge pointing him. Small, relatively unreachy blade shouldn’t be too tricky but CPI is a strange thing indeed, though as an undercutter, once I get under that blade, it’ll be grinding against me and gradually slowing down, meaning I can really smother the damn thing and ram it around the place to my heart’s content honestly. As soon as it hits my wedge, the power of the blade will turn his bot to one side, meaning I’ll be under that side in no time and with how little a ground-clearance it has from the side, especially with my steep-old wedge, it shouldn’t really be able to get off of me reliably as I carry it around the place, to the hazard and the walls, a truly violent tour of the arena, getting those all important aggression and control points up, even a few damage points if the spinning hazard can chew on him enough, his thin body means that if anything goes through his armour, it could well hit a motor or a battery, that exposed spinner motor is just begging to be mauled by the hazard too. If he goes upside down then that is his mistake, he will simply just ride up my wedge and have my stopper prevent his blade from reaching any further, his poor reach certainly meaning he can’t get to my wheels, not that it matters too much, I have some nice, thick chunky tyres and twelve armour all over. If I ram him front first into a wall hard enough, it could buckle up or down that tilting mechanism of his, possibly make it even hit himself with his own blade which wouldn’t be healthy for him, there is nothing stopping it from doing so. Having twelve armour all over means shock damage shouldn’t be an issue, no matter where he hits, he is gonna meet the same tough armour all over and with how hard they can be to control, it is unlikely that he will hit the exact same spot too many times, especially if I’m busy bullying him about the place. There isn’t much for him to get a proper bite on anyway with how tall my robot is, his blade will just be skidding underneath my wedge and lifting it up slightly if he gets a ‘side hit’. He doesn’t have the reach to do one of those tombstone style bait and switch moves where he shows his back end and tries to swing his blade around, not to mention his lack of speed, it’ll just be an invitation for me to get under him for free from behind and make his blade grind on the arena floor.
Best of luck.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: I Can’t Believe it’s Not Tanto vs Cyan Printer Ink

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:06 pm

I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto: 8/7/3/0/12
Cyan Printer Ink: 4/3/1/15/7 - Default config
He doesn't need to declare config but i am fair certain that he is using a wedge as going for those massive forks is asking me to use repeated hits and corner damage to snap them in half in exactly 4 hits.

He is fast and all but i am not that slow and i do have good control so i am not getting flanked and i can rather consistently pull off my driving stunts.
At a first glance i am royally screwed but the thing is: look at Tanto, DO YOU SEE THOSE BIG FUCKING WHEELS!??? I BREAK THEM IN ONE HIT AND HE NEEDS BOTH OF THEM TO DO ANYTHING USEFUL. I deal 3*2 = 6 damage per hit (or 8 in the likely case that i catch the edge), that is basically guaranteed to break them in one hit. He does have those stoppers, but i don't need to drive over his chasis to reach them with the disc and they are way WAY too tiny to stop my overcutter.
I am starting upright as a overcutter and plan to stay that way.
(reference)
If you stop to think about geometry you will see that if i keep my spinner fully horizontal his wedge with the rather shallow angle will touch the box with the motor and stuff before my disc hits the wedge, this effectively means that he won't even be able to stop my spinner when riding up his wedge. I should be able to hit his wheels without having to turn much if at all to a side, if you think that Tanto is tiny enough that my spinner goes over the wheels entirely then tilting it down a little once on his wedge should do the trick (may also help if you think that his wedge has a dumb enough angle to touch my weapon motor)

Do my best to engage from his very front, if he is pushing me i should be able to drive on the very flat wedge top to get the proper hit. His only way of attacking me or something is by pushing and stuffing so his only defense to this is to just not do anything or back out, that's terrible considering he is going for the JD, also just driving at him should probably do the trick unless he is straight up running away. If i continue chasing him in this hypotetical case i will he will eventually have to turn exposing his wheels btw.

In terms of what he can do if he pushes me if aiming for the wheels ends up taking some time, the spinny hazard only deals one damage to me so lol. If he pins me just continue try to line up the hit while pinned. If we are over 1:20 ish then try to tilt down to hit his top or something to escape.
GL HF Ethan
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53