Duck Stab! vs 2A

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Duck Stab! vs 2A

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:41 pm

Duck Stab!: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 1 Weapon: 8 Armour: 8
2A: Speed: 3 Torque: 1 Traction: 3 Armour: 1 Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets

Using the decorations wheels with the holes in

Alright, this should hopefully be simple enough, just rush over towards him and donk him over the head for a one hit kill, spinning my blade downwards like a hammer. He doesn’t really have the speed to get away and my robot is awfully awkward to hit, being so damn tall with such thin wheels, made of flexible, tough plastic to absorb the impacts of his fire if he somehow does manage to hit them. My main body is way up high, well out of harms reach from his fire and my bar being asymmetrical and thin makes it incredibly hard for him to hit anything, essentially, if I just go for him, keeping myself facing head on, forward, I should easily be able to reach the way over to him easily without getting shot and then bonk him over the head to get that quick, easy one hit ko. Even if he does manage to be awkward and janky, trying to shoot at my sides, I have massive cut-out in my wheels that are just at his barrel’s height, meaning most of his bullets should just fly right through them as well, they’re flexible, impact absorbing things that can take a shot anyway, as long as I just make my way over to him as soon as possible, I should be able to get a nice, quick, easy win. The shock from the shots on those wheels will be absorbed and shouldn’t effect the rest of the body, that is if he’s somehow lucky enough to get a shot. Always keep facing him, never letting him see my sides and always keep heading towards him go get that one hit KO.
Best of luck.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Duck Stab! vs 2A

Post by V900 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:44 pm

Spoiler
V900 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Sportsman: 2A

Speed: 3
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 16 (11 gun, 11 ammo), 24 bullets total

No Steppy!
Speed: 6
Torque: 4
Traction: 6
Armor: 6
Weapon: 2

NON-multibot (where it enters the arena without No Steppy)
Speed: 3
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets total

The gun has a big pneumatic engine nearby it that can either rapid-fire PEWPEWPEW BRRRRT the bullets all at once or a couple at a time. It's invertible but the gun's feeding mechanism (read: a ramp) won't really work upside down. Basically, it does this.

No Steppy is both invertible and can self right. It's really just Phat Slug with less stat points, though.

Multibot weight distribution is 50/50. The bullets make up a lot of the main bot's weight + some weight's taken from the insides and stuff, to the point where the chassis wobbles and sways when driving. I'm sure it'll be fine. :^)
Botomatic1000 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:44 am Sportsman: Duck Stab!
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 1 Weapon: 8 Armour: 8
SportsHUGE? Yes! With a slightly geared-down but still relatively fast spinning blade, that can still punt bots up a little with its torquey spinning. It has a bi-directional ESC, meaning it can spin upwards or downwards like a hammer, with wheels made of HDPE with a rubber tread to help absorb impacts! It can switch between normal and solid wheels depending on the opponent.
no multibot, lets fucking GO

btw
Trihunter wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:53 pm 2A: ...if people decide to take cannons seriously and decide this thing doesn't recoil itself out of existence.
The bullets make up a lot of the robot's weight in total, yes. But each one is fired individually. It takes a lot more force to recoil my robot backwards than it does to propel a comparatively smaller bullet forward. Recoil issues may occur if I'm almost out of ammunition, but at that point I'll have bigger problems.

Observations:
  • 14-16 damage vs 8 armor, oh man. That's at LEAST 6 damage that I can inflict from anywhere in the arena. For reference, 6 damage is universally referred to as 1HKO range, or "uh oh you made a fucky wucky time to get in the forever box". It's Tombstone vs Counter Revolution except Tombstone summons a ghost Tombstone that obliterates the opponent before the match begins.
  • The inevitable "huge wheels r flexy and invincible" point doesn't hold up. HDPEs, as per the rules, only benefit from not taking double damage. It still receives 6+ damage, just not the x2 for 12 damage. Bullets hitting any part of the wheel will take out big chunks and compromise Duck Stab's ability to drive toward me.
  • 2A's bullets have teeth designed to catch on opponents and ensures that any near-misses aren't deflected. You can see them in the CAD.
  • Perfect traction means Boto can't argue "well he'll slip while turning and miss his shots". It also takes a lot less steering to aim toward him at a distance than upclose. He needs to cover a lot more ground to get around me. He isn't even fast enough to clean flank at close range (5 vs 9 speed), what chance does he have from a mile away?
Strategy:
  • Start offset forward & to the side a bit, basically diagonal from the usual starting position. Also start rotated as to make hitting the side of his wheels easier.
    pic
  • Fire 3 shots per second. For reference: [link]. That should be a good middle ground between riddling him with bullets and conserving ammo.
  • Duck Stab has to decide whether it wants to dodge to the side or charge straight and try to box rush me. If it dodges to the side, it has to turn and therefor exposes the side of his wheel. If it charges straight, I can turn myself to snipe the inner side of his wheels.
  • Once a bullet hits, start turning side to side about 2-5 degrees to spray my shots and take out the rest of whatever wheel was hit. He gets reduced to crabwalking and is counted out.
tl;dr nuke him before he's able to touch me. should be pretty easy with a BFG 9K strapped to my robot

gl hf