CBC4 Rumble #1: Brick Brawl

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

CBC4 Rumble #1: Brick Brawl

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:30 pm

The Brawlers
Untitled Goose Robot (End of the Line LLC): 6/6/5/4 (3/3)/9
I Can't Believe it's not Tanto (Team Riptide): 8/7/3/0/12
Puffy Cloud (Code Pink Robotics): 8/7/2/4 (3 arm/3 saw)/9
Santangelo (Tartarus Robotics Group): 8/7/2/1/12
Taipan (Ice Cubed Robotics): 7/5/3/5/10 (+2 plow)
Momma Bear (Killjoy Syndicate): 4/2/1/0/13 and 8/7/1/2/2 x2

Brick Brawl will be fought in the arena pictured below. The bout will last 5 minutes instead of the usual 3. The word limit for your RPs is 200 words. Best of luck!

Buzludzha by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

Name: Buzludzha

Layout: Circle Squared off on one end

Size: 80 ft diameter (upper half), 40 ft x 80 ft (lower half) - 5713 square feet

Intended Use: MW-SHW Singles and Doubles, Rumbles up to 12 bots

Theme: Semi-abandoned Communist-era monument

Floor Materials: concrete

OOTA Zone?: YES

House Robots: This arena sometimes features two house robots which patrol the caution-striped zones at the ends of the arena. However, they will not be active for CBC3.

Hazards and Features:
  • Lenin's Hammers (5) - These are heavy metal hammers mounted in the corners and at three points along the curved northern wall. They fire when robots pass into their strike zones (marked in yellow and black caution paint), dealing moderate damage.
  • Stalin's Sickle (1) - taking up a massive amount of space in the middle of the arena, this enormous and very heavy but relatively slow-spinning flywheel is primarily designed to get a great deal of bite and fling robots that run into it into the furthest corners of the arena. However, it's still capable of dealing moderate to heavy damage.
  • The Gulag (1) - Located in the center at the southern end of the arena, The Gulag is a yawning pit with a short, two foot sloped wall surrounding it. It effectively acts as the arena's OOTA zone. Whenever a robot falls in, Roll Tide from the movie Crimson Tide will play as a final show of respect.

Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: CBC4 Rumble #1: Brick Brawl

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:16 pm

For the most part, we're all pretty similar in terms of speed/power, but you do have a few that are slower (UGR and Momma) and some that are vulnerable to flipping (Puffy Cloud, Santangelo), so prioritise going after them when I have the chance. For the most part, though: concentrate on surviving, keeping moving, and taking full advantage when I have the chance to flip someone or force them into the hazards. Once there's only 2-3 of us left, up the aggression. In particular, take full advantage of my ability to OOTA: focus in particular on slowed/distracted bots, attack away from their wedges and lift their wheels off the ground with my arm, then either use a good run-up or swing them over my back with the arm to force them over.

Defence-wise, stay laser-focused on where the opponents are at all times, only go near hazards when I'm using them myself, and especially watch out for ambushes from the baby bears or other fast bots. Reverse/J-turn and counter if wedged, escape immediately THEN SELF-RIGHT if flipped, and pick my battles carefully: don't let myself get trapped in the middle of groups.

Good luck, everyone!

Killjoy

Post by Killjoy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:45 pm

Momma's awesome bait. Stay in a defensible area near the OOTA zone but not with my back to it. Let people come after her. Sic both cubs on the same bot and juggle it aggressively OOTA. Watch the flow of the fight:

If bots are dropping fast, try to stay out of the way, low key and to the side and mostly attack when attacked until later in the match when there are fewer bots left. Then ramp up the aggression, when my swarming tactics stand less chance of being interrupted by other bots and a strong finish will take advantage of the recency effect and make an impression on the judges.

If there isn't much action, move out as a squad, pick targets of opportunity that are OOTA-vulnerable or distracted by going after other bots, and pounce on them. The cubs are the fastest things here, so don't let them get rammed and take damage. Keep them together if someone goes aggro on them. Run with one and gank with the other. Have Momma interfere when possible too.

Good luck :)

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:16 pm

Team up with Momma Bear and form Voltron. Avengers assemble. Go after the big threats first, feeding them to the bears when I can and stay away from the fucking OOTA zone. It's the only way that anything here is eliminating me. Go after Goose a bit. It'll have trouble getting a grip on me and it's slow. Flip it a few times for kicks.

Mantella team up aside, focus on the top half of the arena and snowball people into Stalin's Sickle and occasionally Lenin's Hammers with my flipper. Cause chaos. Fling them every which way but mostly towards Momma Bear if I can. When the time comes and our alliance is solid, backstab my sister. Those little bots are 1/4 weight. I can flip them OOTA. Do it.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:30 pm

In short: Target the 2-torquers, shove them into the spinner ass-first to tear off wheels

I Can't Believe it's not Tanto: Weaponless wedge with no means of escaping the clamps. Easy win.
Puffy Cloud: He has a """weapon""", but can't do sufficient damage within 30 seconds for it to matter. I can push against his saw arm if he tries clamping me.
Santangelo: Stay away from the pit if this guy's looking at me funny. Otherwise, clamps should do the trick if spaced correctly.
Taipan: See Santangelo, but this one should be easier to get under.
Momma Bear: Weaponless wedge with no means of escaping the clamps. Largely ignore MB's minibots though, because I'm pretty sure they're flat out too small for Goosebot to grab.

If anyone tries doing the Eruption "sit in the corner and wait for everyone to tear themselves apart" schtick, target them.
If anyone targets me from behind, turn a little bit so that whoever I have clamped eats shit from hazards instead of me. If they escape the clamps, fully turn to face whoevers behind me.
Stay away from the pit.

gl hf

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:54 pm

To keep it short, avoid most aside from momma bear, and even then only when I'm towards the center of the arena. I'll want to do the eruption strategy at the start, but as some get fed to the hazards and suchlike, with time I'd go more and more in, as most robots will be a good amount worn out by the 1-2 minute mark. I've said I'd do this strategy on the discord, which I'd expect most to try and gang up on me, but I'll just run away, and bully someone if the others start to gang up on me. My main priorities will be those who have done the most by the 2-3 minute mark, so I can carefully lure them to the hazards to die a lovely death! Aside from that, lay low, escape from gangbangs, and focus on surviving more than winning, until most everyone's worn out.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:58 pm

Using the big friggin Wedgelets and heavy stoppers.

Most of my time will be spent in the far end of the arena, away from that god damn OOTA zone. I’m not going to pull a Eruption, I want to impress the judges with some aggression, to show that I was going something but I’ll choose my targets carefully. Taipan has nice, long, easy to get under sides, if it is pre-occupied with going after something else I could easily swoop in from the side, get under it and ram it into that arena spinner (preferably) or the hammers for a good pounding. The same goes for most bots, get them when they’re unaware of me, my two ultimate goals are going for either Puffy Cloud or Goose when they’ve caught something and are dragging them to a hazard, especially the spinner. I can just come from behind and push them both in! With flippers being flippers, I’ll generally leave both Laz and Momma Bear alone, It’s not worth risking an oota, unless Momma Bear’s cubs are dead or pre-occupied, then might be a good time to toss it into that spinner same goes for Sant’ if it’s trying to juggle someone.
Best of luck all!