Mastodonsaurus vs Shade Fist.

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Mastodonsaurus vs Shade Fist.

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Mastodonsaurus: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Shade Fist: 5/3/1/14/7

Doing the usual tactic, you know by now, spin up as soon as the match starts and head towards him to get those aggression points up. I'm driving a HS, there isn't going to be too much to this strategy, aim and maim, that is my game! Once we meet, my aim is to angle my blade just a little to the side, not a whole lot, but enough to hopefully get a shot on his bulkheads (weapon supports), one hit could really fuck his whole weapon up, multiple could possibly rip the whole drum off, now wouldn't that be nice? That big split in the middle of the Drum is where the pulley would go and that's one wide, exposed pulley, Black Dog has the weapon support in the middle to cover up it's pulley but Shade Fist doesn't. Remember how Wan Hoo got it's pulley removed every five seconds? Yeah, that will almost definitely happen here, his relatively short teeth (Wan Hoo had more reach from tooth-tip to pulley) aren't going to do all that much to protect his pulley and he isn't getting a bite to my bar anytime soon so any weapon to weapon hit could remove that big ol' weapon belt of his. Any hit between us should send the two of us ricocheting off far away enough to where we can turn to face eachother again, none of that sneaky business with him trying to get behind me, his 1 point speed advantage is kinds negated by just how much a big weapon like his will gyro about when turning. Always keep facing him weapon first and always keep my bot spun-up at all times, remain aggressive, if I'm spinning at a high-speed then there is no reason not to avoid him. Try and avoid getting boxed in or cornered and definitely avoid any arena walls or hazards, keep the match as far away from those things as possible, I can't afford to slip up. I doubt he has the weapon power to toss me over a tall wall like that, definitely not after a weapon to weapon hit anyway but I'm not taking any chances and staying away from them.

Best of luck Dylan.

Badnik96

Re: Mastodonsaurus vs Shade Fist.

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:52 pm

spin up the drum, point it at him and start juggling. he won't last long if i hit something vital and i have the design advantage. try to get him oota if that works, if it doesn't he should be crippled quickly enough where it doesn't matter. i'm not worried about him hitting my chassis as long as i strike head-on, my drum should protect the edges of the frame well enough.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ