NFL Round 1: Thunder Carnival vs Wallop

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

NFL Round 1: Thunder Carnival vs Wallop

Post by Trihunter » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Thunder CarnivalWallop
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 7
Traction: 4Traction: 6
Torque: 2Torque: 1
Weapon: 12Weapon: 8 (7/1 disc/arm)
Armour: 6 (10 on crusher)Armour: 8
Config: StandardConfig: N/A
Most obvious point here: crushing deals 6 damage. Wallop can only deal 1 damage at most, and that's if they get lucky and hit our chassis, somehow. Just need to play defensive, force them into the claw, and get one solid crush in. Take it slow from the beginning, keep the crusher open wide, making a gradual approach whilst forcing them to face our crusher. Use our curved crusher innards to wedge-break, scoop 'em up, establish a grip and cleave them in two. Once we've got em, we can toss em into hazards too, I guess.

tl;dr: Play defensive, aim to secure a solid hit, shrug off anything they can throw at us.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: NFL Round 1: Thunder Carnival vs Wallop

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 pm

TBR refuses to get a VPN or something so he sent me the RP via Discord PM a minute after Tri posted his RP lol

Drive in a careful manner, not to box rush immediately. Move out of my starting square mid-pace and face Carnival from a distance. I don’t want overly commit and make a driver error by lunging right at Carnival

Since I have the speed and traction, I should be able to have enough power alongside my control powered vertical weapon to hopefully hit Carnival.

Once the front of Carnival is showing and I’m near enough, I’ll and make him flip over by charging right at him in quick fashion and throw my arm weapon at him to catch him facing in a 45 degree an enough from the end of my arm weapon. If he slips away and faces at the opposite way, that'll expose his weaker half of his armour.

If this situation happens then I’ll quickly rush right at him and give him another pop from the back, I need to keep right at him and keep on attacking, not giving him any room to recover.

If Carnival gets away from my attack, retreat by driving backwards and defend just a little, probably bob and weave to not allow Carnival to get a good catch from my front.

Again, if he exposes the front and I’m also nearer once more, then I’ll go for the attack and hope to catch him from the side and use my arm again to pin him and my disc should shread away nearer his wheel.

Good luck and may the best bot win.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53