Electron vs Whirlpool

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Electron vs Whirlpool

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Whirlpool: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71352
Electron: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985&start=15#p71707

I'm going to assume Electron will be using its horizontal spinner armor, because Whirlpool is a horizontal spinner. I'm not sure what "+2?" is supposed to mean, so... I guess Electron's armor is just 8? Even if CodeSilver has declared it to be a bonus to Electron's plow somewhere that's not his signup post (in which case it shouldn't count IMO) 10 armor isn't that much either. Whirlpool will be right side up.

The plan:

1. Spin up, fending off any box rush as I do so with the wedgelets.
2. Smack the heck out of Electron with my fully operational battlestation, I mean spinner.
3. Repeat until Electron is dead.

If Electron gets a good hit on me, it should be on my weapon, which should take negligible damage at best and keep Whirlpool upright if it gets knocked into the air. But as an undercutter, I'll be smacking Electron's plow before it can hit me anyway. I just need to make sure it doesn't get around to my side, which should be easy enough, and to keep from being knocked into the wall, which should be possible if I'm careful.

GL CodeSilver!

CodeSilver23

Re: Electron vs Whirlpool

Post by CodeSilver23 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Note: I will be using my horizontal wedge in the front.

Usually, I don't like trying to go weapon on weapon, but right now I feel like this'll be my best bet. I'm going to let him spin up, then I will drive my wedge into his spinner, causing it to pop up into the air, allowing me to get under him and chew on that wheel in the middle of his spinner. This will cause him to no longer be able to turn or use his spinner correctly. Simple as that. Time for me to rack up a W, boys!

Good luck, Attackfrog, and let the best bot win!
Team 2nd Place
Rookie comin' to get yo cookie
REDDIT: Super Soldier (0-3)
ROBOT3: Electron (0-7)
Vexed!: Caffeine Machine (1-0)
Ayyy! got my first ever win this year!