Found God in a Tomato vs Kirby

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Found God in a Tomato vs Kirby

Post by V900 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:30 pm

Kirby
Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Traction: 2
Needle (yellow)
Armor: 9
Weapon: 14
Found God in a Tomato
Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 / Armor: 6 (+2 top or weapon)
Obligated LOL SHOCK DAMAGE to start off. Opponent has 4 chassis armor, takes 5 shock damage and 4 corner damage directly to the weapon every hit. Unlike Black Dog, ring spinners are gonna be reaaaaaaal hard-pressed to be OOTAing stuff any time soon.

Given my drum has 13 armor on the dot, the only other win condition he has is to target the backside of my bot. He is slightly faster, but it's also a known fact that you forfeit the right to go "oh I can totally flank him in a controlled manner!" when you give your full body spinner omniwheels. :V

(and the fact that 150% speed is too slow to flank my wideass drum)

General strat is to approach with caution on the off chance that he does get dangerously close to the sides of my drum. Swivel back and swerve to the side to keep the middle of my drum facing him. Line up a good(-ish) hit and take it. I don't need to be THAT precise. I'm gonna catch those top teeth and fling it anyway. Prioritize the center of the arena.

After getting hit, I assume we'll both be chucked halfway across the arena. He's got omnis, I have mechanums. Both have pretty low traction. Should be plenty of time to turn back around to face my opponent. Hit the opponent until he dies.

gl hf

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Found God in a Tomato vs Kirby

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Traction: 2
Needle (yellow)
Armor: 9
Weapon: 14

Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 / Armor: 6 (+2 top or weapon)

armor bonus to the weapon btw

weapon impacts are... not fun for me, even with his inefficient drum shape. I'll live through a few (10 weparm vs 14 wepaon), but I'm still not exactly here to take his drum to my face, even if it will struggle immensely to get bite.

but, I have 2 more speed than him and strafey-strafey abilities. obviously getting to his sides is a reach goal, but getting to the edges of the drum to get at its support poles should be a more than reasonable goal, so go for that pretty much exclusively.

he 100% knows I'm doing this, and will say something about how he can also strafe, and how that counters me somehow. it doesn't: strafing capabilities don't protect against the enemy strafing: you still have to turn in place to keep up with me, just like any other bot. ALSO, he'll have a LOT of gyro with a weapon of that size that far away from his body. since he's on mecanums, losing contact with the floor on even ONE wheel completely disables his ability to strafe, and will likely cause him to lose even more control than a standard vert since he'll be gyroing up onto wheels that are made of rollers, not of rubber.

if he turtles, wait it out, I'm not taking a hit head-on.

In general, I'm looking for angles that give me space after impacts - generally speaking I want to be ending up either in the center of the arena, or far away from him: priority number 1 is to prevent him from getting a chain of hits or a good grinding pin on me, since that's likely his main goal.

GL