ROBOT3 FW Week 3: Mekabu vs Kirby

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 FW Week 3: Mekabu vs Kirby

Post by Trihunter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:02 am

MekabuKirby
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 4
Traction: 4Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 11Weapon: 14
Armour: 9 (+2 wedge)Armour: 9
Config: Wheels ON, all wedgelets OFF, 9+2 armour configConfig: Ring Spinner
Okay, this is going to be a bit tough. Aim of the game though is to shag the outer ring enough to break it, then just kill it outright. 11 armour on both wedge and weapon means we can weather the hits pretty well, but the aim is to work on our angling skills. Make as many clashes between us as possible weapon to weapon. Mecanums so far have been shown to not like being thrown skyward, and Mekabu can turn around easier than it'd take Kirby to land, restabilize and get back to speed. Try to come out on top with as many exchanges as possible, and follow up with more hits before Kirby can get enough speed behind the wheel to return the favour. Keep an eye on their swerve drive in case they try any jank shit; be prepared to slow down a bit to guarantee we land a strike with the weapon. If our weapon gets busted, don't stop pressuring, use the wedge to force recoil and pressure them into the pulverisers or screws, maybe a bit of Killsaw baiting too if they're live. Once their ring's down I can basically do whatever the hell I want with them. Use it to continually apply pressure with our better drivetrain, get them into hazards and taking more spinner strikes.

tl;dr: Be aggressive, warp the ring so it can't spin, then secure the kill.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: ROBOT3 FW Week 3: Mekabu vs Kirby

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Ring setup. I was originally pretty scared that Tri would go with the 13 weapon setup and implode my chassis, but I guess he's alright with doing scratch damage.

On the other hand, let's see how my damage stacks up to his armor:
Armour: 9 (+2 wedge)
3 damage, not bad. Better than what he's got against my chassis and especially better than the 0 damage he does weapon-to-weapon.

HOWEVER

These weapon supports don't look like part of the +2'd "wedge" to me:

Meaning that they're 7 armor. A single hit should break them and put the weapon out of commission. Take the spin out of a spinner and you've got a 1-step plan for an easy JD.

As for general strategy, I want to be kinda-sorta aggressive. Enough so that I can conted for some aggression points, but restrained enough so that I don't get yote OOTA like a moron. Drive up until he's 2-3 feet away, then turn 45 degrees as he's about to collide. Aim for the fragile axle supports and use my disc to no sell his weapon. 11 weapon vs 11 armor (and occasionally 9 chassis armor, but it'll take a lot of hits for a KO to even be a concern. Drive a little more defensively if things start to look bad).

If I successfully kill the weapon, go in and repeatedly slap what remains of his weapon. Think Yeti vs Free Shipping.

If I don't kill the weapon, back off and try again. Stay away from walls.

gl hf