ROBOTS 3 MW: Blue Zenith vs Omnicrap

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS 3 MW: Blue Zenith vs Omnicrap

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Blue ZenithOmnicrap
Speed: 4Speed: 8
Traction: 2Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 16Weapon: 2 (1 bottom lifter / 1 top lifter / 1 flamethrower)
Armour: 7Armour: 10 (+3 Wedge)
Config: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Config: Armour Config w/ plow wedge
Well, the one thing I do have in this matchup is a lot of weapon. To the point where I threaten a OHKO if I hit anywhere other than the plow. Even hitting the 13 armour plow will deal 3 damage, and 4 shock damage to the rest of the bot.

Spin up and head out along the wall that would allow me to turn my weapon with the rotation of the blade into my opponent. The first hit is going to be a decider and I need to make it count. Expose my side and as they approach, accelerate forward, turn as hard as I can and try to rotate my blade either into their side or the sides of their wedge. If they try to strafe away, that just gives me more of their side to hit as they try to get around me. If all goes to plan, I'll recoil around, my rear wedge will smack its side into the wall, and I'll be pointed right at them and just need to spin my blade back up.

The next time they'll likely be prepared for this so head right at them. If I'm really lucky, I can hit the little corners in the upper center of their wedge and do some serious damage, possibly bending it so it won't fully retract.

If their wedge gets damaged to the point of no longer being able to out-wedge me, reverse into them with my rear wedge and rotate around with my blade like the planned first hit.

Try my best to not get stuffed into a corner or lifted out.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOTS 3 MW: Blue Zenith vs Omnicrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:19 pm

spin2win OH WAIT NO

Typical Tombclone, i am twice as fast, have a lot more torque and better control with strafing to boot.
I can tank the weapon and shock damage shouldn't be too bad but damage is still something to avoid.
I can move in any direction without turning so i want to have my plow facing the spinner no mater what, moving in any direction or whatever, if i can tell what direction he is going to turn i can angle the plow a bit in that direction.
Play normal wedge strats like box rush, shoving my high armor plow into the spinner, pushing it towards the walls, lots of aggression, pinning down to make time, do stuff with the flames, etc.
Damage can be real though so if he does get to full speed i can change my plans a little as i am fast enough to chose to not get hit. Stuff like circlestrafing around him, ideally taking into account his spinning direction to work against his gyro, to get to his back. Then i can shove BZ into a wall, potentially pinning it after.
If he is facing me with his side or something like that, it's typical bait, just circle strafe in the direction opposite to his weapon and shove it to a wall.
He has a rear plow, take that into account when getting to his back, i can angle in or press down if that fails.
Watch out for stuff like bait, gyro or any driving tricks, don't do mistakes, keep the aggression going, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53