ROBOTS 3 HW: Death Metal vs Blue Zenith

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS 3 HW: Death Metal vs Blue Zenith

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Death MetalBlue Zenith
Speed: 4Speed: 4
Traction: 2Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 16
Armour: 7Armour:7
Both bots have the same stats. oof.

Spin up and stay in my square until I'm at full speed. Then head out. we're equal on everything so its pretty much a mirror match. I'll just head at them with my weapon pointed right at em. I'm hoping that the slanted bar of DM will deflect my blade upwards, bringing it into their upper support and/or chain driving the weapon. Not going for anything cheeky with turning my blade into their side or trying to pass and hit a wheel. I want that one or two big weapon-to-weapon hits and then force the match into a pushing war (which I would hopefully win with my rear hinged wedge)

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: ROBOTS 3 HW: Death Metal vs Blue Zenith

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 pm

Mirror match...well stat-wise, yes

Biggest advantage that I have over BZ is my bar's reach. I also notice from the signup post showing the bar to spin counter-clockwise (teeth are facing left). I will also have my bar spin counter-clockwise, as well. Having the weapons spinning the same direction will be beneficial due to causing a larger hit as well as the weapons 'meshing', which will cause less damage than if they were rotating in opposite directions. This combined my my greater reach should mean that I'll deal damage to BZ before he can damage me.

Also noting that I'm starting in the red square with the low walls. Drive away from that side of the arena while spinning up. I also have decent traction this time around so I can drive normally while the weapon is fully spun up.

See what BZ does-if he immediately heads for me, show my left side to him and see if he takes the bait, then come back around (blade direction is to the left, this time) and swing from the left. If BZ stays back, ramp up my aggressiveness and just attack head-on. If BS shows his sides/rear, don't fall for it and just stay near the center of the arena until he approaches.

Hopefully, I can get that first hit on BZ without taking critical damage to myself, first. And, the earlier that this match is over, the better. Both of our weapons will probably begin to slow down if this match goes the full time, and BZ has the rear wedge as a great backup option. If it comes down to the final minute or so of the match, I'll just do my best to avoid being wedged/turn off of the wedge. I also have a wider wheelbase, so it's going to be hard for BZ to keep me wedged.

Other than that, drive smart and stay away from the low walls!

GL, Hii!