ROBOT3

Rocket

Re: ROBOT3

Post by Rocket » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Reserving all four weight classes. HW > FW > LW > MW in order of preference. =]

FW: ENTROPIC DEGENERATION!
ED pics
ImageFrontImageSideImageObliqueImageRear Oblique
Speed: 5 | Traction: 3 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 14 (10 saw (free 3-pt arm), 10 horizontal crusher) | Armour: 7 (+2 crusher)

One of the most defensive robots in the Worst Swordsman stable, Entropic Degeneration is the team's entry into the "this competition needs more sawbots" field and an attempt at doing something weirdly successful rather than just, y'know... weird. Instead of being yet another spinner or brick, it instead sports a multi-weapon setup that combines powerful crushing jaws and an overhead saw. While it has low speed, it also has mobile armour courtesy of the crusher and is brilliant at counter-attacking; this is a machine designed to hit the opponent somewhere where it doesn't have an armour bonus. It was actually designed before I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker showed up and cleaned house in CBC3, but since this bot isn't nearly as nicely rendered it probably won't do nearly as well. =]

LW: ILWOON!
Ilwoon pics
ImageFrontImageSideImageOblique
Speed: 5 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 13 | Armour: 7

Team Worst Swordsman's very first death... axe? Wait, that's a spinner, isn't it? Appearances can be deceptive. Ilwoon is an African-themed 2WD sword-bot whose weapon design is inspired by the team's superheavyweight axe/spinner wombo-combo Labrys. Inside the bot is a heavy drum with a great big clutch on it; application of the clutch simultaneously frees the driven gear at the other end of the chain drive, causing the sword to complete a full anticlockwise revolution and, by sheer happenstance, twat the absolute fuckery out of whatever's in front of it. Once the weapon has completed a full revolution or had its motion impeded by the unlucky recipient of its tender mercies, the clutch disengages (to prevent the whole thing burning out) and the weapon's weight allows it to pull down into the rest position shown in the pictures above. When it's returned to the rest position, the driven gear is locked in place and the weapon is ready to hit something again. There are probably easier ways of making an axebot work, but there aren't many stupider ways, and if there's one thing Team Worst Swordsman likes, it's doing something deeply stupid for no real reason whatsoever. =]

MW: DRAGONFIST!
Dragonfist pics
ImageObliqueImageIf I see this for any great length of time, something's gone horribly wrong.
Speed: 3 | Traction: 1 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 | Armour: 9

Looking to continue its winning form from CBC 3, Dragonfist rampages back into the arena to try and make a return to the playoffs after its last effort was stymied by an idiot triangle and the existence of ramps. It's the same bot it's always been - a viciously powerful undercutting shell spinner with the added Super Fun Time Power of extended range courtesy of the now-infamous chain flails that have spelled doom for anything that isn't a dedicated brick, and quite a few things that actually are. Okay, so its 4WD drivetrain has all the get up and go of an arthritic butterfly carrying very heavy shopping compared to the No Fun Triangles in the division cough cough Hati cough, but it can drive just fine and it works okay. Could this be the time when Dragonfist goes all the way? Well, maybe. Depends on whether it gets a group full of bricks again. Yes I am still mad. Deal with it. =]

HW: TABOR MARK 4: FANT4STIC T4B-FOUR!
Tabor Mark 4 pics
ImagePrimary Scoop FrontImageSidesImageObliqueImageGround clearance demonstration without side skirts
Tabor's metric fuckload of new accessories - WARNING: LOTS OF IMAGES!
ImageType 2a Anti-Rambot Scoop FrontImageType 2a SidesImageType 2a ObliqueImageType 2b Toothed Anti-Rambot Scoop FrontImageType 2b ObliqueImageType 3a ABR Wedge ObliqueImageType 3b Toothed ABR Wedge ObliqueImageType 3 rear angle to demonstrate skirt clearanceImageType 4 Omni-Directional Assault Spatula FrontImageType 4 ObliqueImageType 5a Deflector Plate FrontImageType 5a ObliqueImageType 5a Top-DownImageType 5b Forked Deflector Plate FrontImageType 5b Oblique
Speed: 6 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 7 (5 turret, 5 lifter) | Armour: 10 (+2 lifter)

The old girl just keeps getting better and better. Tabor's back, and now I'm pretty sure we've FINALLY fixed the Square Wave Syndrome from which she's suffered all her life. The chassis has been comprehensively reworked, as has her side skirts; the astute among you may have noticed a certain roundness to her bodywork of late. Gurl's got curves. She's also had her lifter setup reworked, with the scoops now shock-mounted on the arms of the lifter, letting them better absorb hits from opponents; the scoops themselves have also been made anew to better fit this brave new world that has such Tabors in't. With a scoop for every conceivable occasion and a long-awaited solution to her slight falling-over problem, the grand dame of Team Worst Swordsman is here to improve upon her CBC 3 performance and attempt not just an appearance, but a full-on playoff run. We're behind her all the way. We've even taken LifeAlert off Speed Dial, that's how confident we are. =]

the number's still saved on all the team phones though, we're not mental.
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Shit I need to actually enter don't I?

Team Instant Regret

Featherweight: Idiot Triangle

Speed: 16
Traction: 1 (+3 spinup)
Torque: 1
Weapon: 2
Armor: 10 (+2 teeth)

A three-wheeled melty-brain spinner that's hollow in the center a la Halo. Wheels are attached directly to the cans of outrunner motors and direct-driven. Uses T R I A N G L E S for maximum structural strength, and the teeth are 3/16" thick AR400 end caps that fit over the joints between frame rails, adding even more stability. Teeth have 3/8" thick blades for extra bite. Can spin either direction.

Lightweight: Hallucinogen

Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Weapon: 14 (Horizontal config) OR 12 (Vertical config)
Armor: 7 (Horizontal config) OR 9 (+2 wedge) (Vertical config)

Is it a horizontal spinner? Is it a vertical spinner? I dunno, I'm fucking out of it man...

Hallucinogen is a Swiss Army Bot that can mount two different modular weapon options: a 4,000 rpm horizontal single-toothed bar or a 9,500 rpm drum. The drivetrain, receiver, batteries, and speed controllers are in the main chassis. The weapon motors are the same model, with the HS config using cut-off shafts and putting the pulleys directly on the motor cans. The drum config mounts the entire weapon assembly on wubbies, similar to Minor Threat 3; the horizontal bolts the weapon support frame directly to the front plate because wubbies don't like shear loads that much. The horizontal config is fully invertible, the vertical config has top standoffs and should be able to self-right due to gyroscopic forces.

Middleweight: Hati

Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 0
Armor: 12

After getting Blue Max'd last year, Hati's back with some serious upgrades including brushless drive, custom-molded wheels, and two interchangeable options for shock-mounted wedges. The "sword" config has two long prongs to help outreach opponents' forks, and is fully invertible. The "shield config" uses a plow optimized to deflect horizontal spinners and keep them far away from the wheels. Hati's still invertible in this config, although the wedge isn't effective. The plow is 6" tall, which should keep most horizontal spinners away. However, the shield config can also add a big ol' block of UHMW to raise its height to 9", which is an inch taller than the wheels. Flails can die in Helheim. Still invertible, although faceplanting could be a risk.

The signature spring-loaded ears are a thing of the past. Hati's ears are now just floppy foam, and will NOT get her stuck on her back.

Heavyweight: Defenestrator

Anti-spinner config:
Clamp fully open
Clamp closed, lifter raised
Comparison to 1.5 ft high wall
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 4
Armor: 11 (+1 front wedge and lifting forks)

Back throw kills at 0%!

Defenestrator is a single-actuator clampbot using a similar mechanism to "Snake," with the main difference being that instead of gears it uses chains. The main lift sprocket is free-spinning on the lifter shaft, and isn't attached to the arm. Instead, it's coupled to the clamp arm by a pair of leaf chains (same thing that powers Beta's hammer) in a crossed arrangement. This enables the rotation direction to be reversed using only a single stage of chain, without gears. Chains, unlike belts, can only really flex in one direction, but using leaf chains eliminates this problem. The disadvantage is two chains are needed, and it can't rotate continuously... but a clamp doesn't need to. When the clamp arm reaches the limits of its range of motion or contacts an opponent, the mechanism "jams" and further rotation of the lift sprocket causes the arm to move in the same direction as the sprocket.

The clamp arm's motion is limited at about 37 degrees below and 90 degrees above the reference angle. The lifter arm can go back 120 degrees. It can also depress by about 2 degrees, limited by the rubber bumpers on the undersides of the arm contacting the chassis. This doesn't sound like much but it's enough to press the forks against the floor, and yes it is capable of pressing once the clamp is jammed fully open. The lifter arm is 36" long with the clamp axle 18" in front of the pivot, and the clamp arm has teeth 14" from the pivot. The leaf chain pulleys have a constant and equal radius (no "snail drive" shenanigans), so they're geared 1:1. However, the clamp arm's shorter length means that a torque that will lift an opponent's weight at the tip of the lifting forks will also produce a downward force of over 560 lbs at the clamp's tooth. The weapon drivetrain has a friction clutch that lets it lift about 400 lb at the tip of the arm before slipping.

Defenestrator can self-right using the lifter, and because the clamp is dramatically shorter than the lifter and has its range of motion limited so it can't lie backwards on top of the lifting arm it shouldn't have the same issues Snake did. The 120 degree range of motion should be enough for the momentum to kick the bot over, and if not the wheels contact the ground at any backwards tilt so torque reaction can handle the rest. The outriggers, either in pontoon or wedge form, are hinged on a normal axle, and their upward motion features a "soft stop" in the form of wubbies that are attached to the front of the chassis that the pontoon/wedge structure butts up against. This point is reached a few degrees above horizontal. They go about 15 deg below horizontal.

Why did I enter a clamp in an arena with no hazards? Because Defenestrator's got a trick up its sleeve. The lifter arm is LONG: think Whiplash with a clamp instead of a spinner. It can lift an opponent significantly higher than the 1-1/2 ft high arena wall, and does so at an angle where when the clamp opens they'll slide down out of it. By driving backwards towards the wall, lifting, and reversing the weapon right as it reaches its upper rotation limit, the clamp will rapidly open, aided by the opponent's momentum since unlike leadscrew clamps it can be backdriven. In short: this thing can reverse suplex an opponent straight over the low wall.

Defenestrator has two configurations: one with separate pontoons for fighting controlbots and vertical spinners, and one with a pronged wedge for fighting horizontal spinners. The lifting forks on these are slightly different shapes, but both have "prongs" to keep an opponent from driving up the jaws into the leaf chains and pulleys. The anti-HS configuration's wedge has "ears" about two inches higher than the bot's wheels, and the lifter can raise the clamp well out of harms way when taking on horizontals.

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:13 am

FW: Mekabu

Get a load of this!

Traction: 4
Weapon: 13 (Alt: 11)
Armour: 7 (Alt: 9, +2 wedge)

Your bog-standard 2WD vert, but with an innovation of sorts. The front and side wedgelets are carefully positioned so all four should correctly press at once without compromising downforce. The front and side wedgelets, as well as the wheels on top, are all removable.

LW: Dubior Jr

L...O...A...D...I...N...G...
LAUNCH ARMAMENT POWER ▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢▢ 100%
DRIVE SYSTEM --- ONLINE
CALCULATED VICTORY PROBABILITY: 99%
OK > 3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF!

Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 9 / Armour: 4

A full-power 2wd clamshell flipper, with sufficient speed and power to toss bots over both low and high walls. Most of the hardware is back-loaded, meaning that the flipper can survive a mangling but keep running optimally.

HW: Ten Transformation Tanuki

Reimu config: Eurypterus plow. Bow is shreddable fabric and shouldn't entangle or impede movement.
Miko config: Lance + wedgelets
Byakuren config: Furbait Vovoka.
Sumireko config: Tall Plow

Win a fight and you become toast of the town. To be more precise, just by punching someone in a fancy way, you gain supporters. Are humans really like that?

Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Armour: 12 / Weapon: 0

Gee, Tri, how come you get ten configs? well, actually, I don't. I've modelled ten for thematic consistency, but will only use four in the tournament. Which four, though, will be revealed in the last week or something.

Anyway, all configs of the bot feature the same wheelbase and flexible thwack tail (So it can't be stranded when lifted), just with new wedges attached to the front and elaborate repaints.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 am

I shall enter, reserving FW, LW, MW and HW

LW - Flipcake

Flipcake is 4WD, the weapon is electrically powered and has angle limitation system where the weapon can only raise up to 145 degrees, the wedge on top of the bot nearby the flipper is part of the chassis. it's there to assist the robot when self righting when upside down and relies on the weapon to right it.

(Potential Anti-spinner/drum config pending)

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Weapon: 3
Armour: 10 (Frontal Flipper +2)

MW - Lethal Target

Lethal Target by TBR-93 on Sketchfab

Lethal Target is a Horizontal Bar Spinner, that is capable to also run inverted when flipped.

Speed: 4
Weapon: 15
Armour: 7

HW - Ejector

Grand Amur- Borwo by TBR-93 on Sketchfab

Ejector is a 2WD robot with a rear hinged flipper in front.

Speed 7
Traction: 7
Weapon: 4
Armour: 11

Whammerist

Post by Whammerist » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:10 pm

The newly founded Team Ink and Quill presenting~

FW - What's The Scoop

6 Speed
5 Traction
4 Torque
0 Weapon
15 Armor

A giant plastic chair on wheels... I mean, ahem, a large, Mammoth-frame style HDPE-wheeled flexible "brick"!

LW - Hard News

5 Speed
3 Traction
1 Torque
15 Weapon (14 for spinner, 1 to srimech)
6 Armor (+1 armor bonus to the bar)

I've also got the lightweight bot Hard News, which is my attempt at an angled spinner. A more polished render with a little more pizzaz on that srimech is hopefully incoming soon.

HW - Blackquill

6 Speed
5 Traction
2 Torque
5 Weapon
12 Armor (+2 to full front wedge)

For my first ever bot, I'm sticking to a pretty standard front-hinge flipper with a flail for purely aesthetic purposes as well, though I definitely wouldn't be complaining if the chain happened to slightly jam up some of the lower powered spinners who go for my back~
Last edited by Whammerist on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Killjoy

Post by Killjoy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:40 pm

I am enter.

LW: CIRCUITZ

Circuitz by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab

Hey, it's a really, really flat bot that's designed to just dodge other bots' weapons and flip them OOTA. The spikes are optional. The front wedge is hinged, and there's a long spatula that I have to draw still. I'll have it done soon.

10 speed / 8 traction / 5 torque / 4 weapon / 3 armour
Last edited by Killjoy on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CodeSilver23

Post by CodeSilver23 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:45 pm

LW: Virus
Standard: https://imgur.com/a/QJEjrVx
Hammer Armour: https://imgur.com/a/zkQTcGD
Horizontal spinner armour: https://imgur.com/a/RS1l1yU
Ignore the weight shown in the pictures. It'll be at max weight.
Speed: 6
Weapon: 12
Armour: 7 (+2?)

MW: Electron
Standard: https://imgur.com/a/QBgAEDH
Horizontal Spinner Armour: https://imgur.com/a/at5DmoL
Again, ignore the weight in the pictures.
Traction: 2
Weapon: 13
Armour: 8 (+2?)

HW: Super Soldier
https://imgur.com/gallery/kQl0Zsm
Traction: 2
Weapon: 14
Armour: 7
Last edited by CodeSilver23 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 2nd Place
Rookie comin' to get yo cookie
REDDIT: Super Soldier (0-3)
ROBOT3: Electron (0-7)
Vexed!: Caffeine Machine (1-0)
Ayyy! got my first ever win this year!