CBC MW Week 11: Neophyte Redglare vs Jawsome

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Nighthawk87

CBC MW Week 11: Neophyte Redglare vs Jawsome

Post by Nighthawk87 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Neophyte Redglare
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 3 Weapon: 2 (1/1) Armor: 12 (+1 to front wedge)

Jawsome (Prongs)
Speed: 5 Traction: 4 Torque: 4 Weapon: 5 Armor: 12

Welp, looks like my shark dome getting spared from further mangling this week. But it does seem I'm getting outclassed in terms of speed, at least I'm guaranteed to win the pushing battle... Think the maestro could play the Jaws theme to help pump me up?

There's no way we're getting to his sides unless he makes a serious driving mistake, so we'll try our best to keep our front pointed to him and make the middle prong the first point of contact. Once we have Neophyte in our clutches we'll take him to our old friend Mr Gargoyle and have him hammer away at Redglare's wheels. With the wheel's damaged we'll do our best to take advantage of any potential traction issues he might have and only try for the sides if the opportunity is prime. Then for the rest of the match we'll just keep our front facing him and shove him around the cathedral whenever we gain purchase on him.

That's really all I got... Best of luck Sylandrophol!
Nighthawk Robotics

REDDIT
Tick Tock 2-4

Cherry Bomb Classic 3
Jawsome 1-5
Long Arm of the Law 4-3

REDDIT 2
Sherman 3-2

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Long Arm of the Law 2-3

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Re: CBC MW Week 11: Neophyte Redglare vs Jawsome

Post by winternimbus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Alright so, use my speed and maneuverability to my advantage here, they might have a torque advantage over me, but i'll be able to outspeed them, and push them into the hazards and/or house robots (if there's any in this arena atm). Keep my top forks pointed upward, so they won't be able to fully smother me with their dome too, but other than that--go full brick mode, and be aggressive--but take caution if necessary. Try to stay on top of them too, and prevent them from getting any leeway here.

Stay near the center of the arena, and avoid the hazards and house robots (unless i'm pushing them into em), and avoid getting pushed into the hazards and house robots myself. Try to go near their sides and back, keep my front facing towards them as much as I can, and watch to see if they do the same. J-Hook ASAP if wedged, watch to see if they try to pull any shenanigans and/or monkey business here.

Good luck!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017