Ayame VS Sleipnir

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ayame VS Sleipnir

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:37 pm

STAT COMPARISON
_________
Sleipnir
Speed: 8
Traction: 8
Torque: 2
Weapon: 0 (Hinged Fork Wedges)
Armour: 12 (+1 Fork Wedges)

Ayame
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 2 (Rear-Hinge Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
_________
Sleipnir's very quick and has plenty of defence from the armour and rear wheels, so I'll have to constantly pay attention. However, it generally lacks offensive capability; the forks look easy to angle into and reverse off of with no side wedges and how short they are, and if he uses either alt config, they won’t work when inverted. I'm fast enough to keep up, have the manoeuvrability advantage against his more cumbersome 8WD, and my flipper will be an asset for scoring points and keeping him under control.

Be strategic and actively take the fight to him to avoid being overwhelmed. Move out quickly, keep the front facing him, and watch closely as I approach to see what he does and be ready to immediately act accordingly. If he tries angling in, either reverse out the way and counter by driving under and flipping him, or by turning in further myself; to his corners/sides or the base of his forks. If he tries to monster-truck over, either reverse and catch him on the flipper, or position myself in front of the hazards/CPZes and turn to face him so that he’ll fly over and hurl himself into them; then attack as needed. If he tries going over any other way, copy his movements and flip. If he tries baiting my flipper by closing in and reversing, don’t fall for it; chase him down when he reverses, and only fire when I'm definitely underneath. Take control of the middle early on, and constantly keep pressuring him!

Attacking mostly means being aggressive, following up on every opportunity I have, and not allowing him to escape or manoeuvre. Go for the sides/corners, chase him down if he runs away, chain flips, limit his movement to near the walls/hazards to nullify his speed, use hazards, and if the opportunity to use the pit/house robots presents itself, by all means do so if it doesn’t put myself in danger.

Defence comes down to watching him all the time, acting accordingly as needed, and generally being as slippery and unpredictable as possible. Reverse/j-turn and counterattack if he gets under, self-right immediately if flipped and escape first before resuming, only flip when definitely under, don’t get baited into misfiring, keep constantly moving and my sides/back well-protected and myself away from hazards when not using them myself, and especially watch out for the pit and house bots!

Good luck!