CBC3 MW Week 9: I Suck at Names vs Neophyte Redglare

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC3 MW Week 9: I Suck at Names vs Neophyte Redglare

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:59 pm

I Suck at NamesNeophyte Redglare
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 7
Traction: 3 (+1)Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 16 (15 spinner / 1 lifter)Weapon: 2 (1 lifter / 1 forks)
Armour: 6Armour: 12 (+1 front wedge)
Main configGod dam low-ish-res images
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Re: CBC3 MW Week 9: I Suck at Names vs Neophyte Redglare

Post by winternimbus » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Okay so, they might be a bit slower than me, but a well-placed shot from them is gonna put me in the metaphorical drain, and their weapon can make stuff really tricky for me--so i'm gonna have to keep an eye out on that. I am more quicker and agile than them, so I'm going to have to use my agility to my advantage here, and keep them on their toes, and prevent them from recovering.

Stay near the center of the arena, and pretty much go full brick, unless i have to self-right. Try to shove them into the hazards (preferably the bonesaws and lobotomizers!) and the house robots, but avoid the hazards and house robots if i'm not bullying them into them, and avoid trying to get hazard baited myself. Be aggressive, and watch out for any shenanigans on their end.

J-Hook ASAP if wedged, keep my front facing towards them at all times, and try to head for their sides.

Good luck!
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 MW Week 9: I Suck at Names vs Neophyte Redglare

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Oh yeah, i haven't actually RPed yet, also god dammit this is the arena with the doors.

That wedge has 13 armor, a lot for sure, but i can work with the 11 armor from everywhere else(Including the forks!)

My lifter can go bellow the angle shown, hitting NR's top even if i am on top of that wedge.

There isn't many KO threats to me in this fight, the house robots could but only around the end of the fight and the Bonesaws could cut my threads they will still need a few seconds and i have sideguards so there isn't many angles where that can happen but i still should avoid them just in case.

Start the match with the no wedge side (shown above) and spin downwards. Go through the doors then spin up, do all of this ASAP.
Keep facing NR at all times, i don't want to get flanked.
Those forks could get in the way up there, so for the first encounter i will move my weapon further up and, when it's at full speed, bring it down at the top of a fork. 4 corner damage against the forks rotation should break them in some way, also in the singups the forks as described as one weapon thus breaking the mechanism on one could break the other too. My goal with the forks is to get them to not stick up above the bot. If that fails i can try again latter.
The main strategy is to get my weapon above HR, Get a face to face contact and bring the spinner down when it's at full speed, hitting the 11 armored top. The wheels are a juicy target for sure, aim for those if possible.
If my bar isn't at full power and HR is pushing me from the front, let that continue until i can get the full 15 weapon power.
A KO can happen but isn't the most likely outcome so be aggressive to help with the judges decision.

With gyro and a speed disadvantage, getting flanked is a possibility. I pretty much can't get high centered so if HR gets to my side, reverse off that wedge while turning a bit towards it so when i get off i can also land a hit.

Avoiding all of the arena ouchies is preferible, so is avoiding making mistakes. GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53