CBC3 Week 7 - Neophyte Redglare V.S. Scion

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

CBC3 Week 7 - Neophyte Redglare V.S. Scion

Post by winternimbus » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:33 pm

This is going to be hm. Interesting.

As far as i'm aware, Scion is an overhead thwack that's quite speedy, which will be tricky for me to get a hold of--and i'm pretty sure if they wanted to, they can turn Scion into a makeshift horizontal thwack. So watch out for that.

This match is going to rely on driving for the most part, although Scion is gonna have control issues if it's driving at full tilt--so i want to use that to my advantage here. Try to keep my distance from them to play it safe if stuff seems like it's not the prime time to go in for the kill--or they're baiting me, but other than that? I want to be very aggressive and go full-brick, and use my lifters if needed to destabilize them. I want to push them into the arena hazards too--preferably the flying saucers.

Other than that? Keep it tactical, stay near the middle-center of the arena around the blast-off zone, avoid the hazards, and hazard-baiting from Scion, and get the fuck out of dodge ASAP if i'm getting pushed into them. J-Hook ASAP if wedged, and watch and eye any shenanigans from Scion.

Good luck!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: CBC3 Week 7 - Neophyte Redglare V.S. Scion

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:20 pm

NR: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 2 (1/1 split between the lifting wedge and forks) / Armor: 12 (+1 front wedge)

Scion: Speed: 9 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 0 / Armor: 10 (+3 to white part of wedge), FORKS OFF

their lifter is not threatening. I still need to not get flipped, but in general their weapon is so slow compared to my speed that it shouldn't be hard to avoid. my wedge is better if they don't press. regardless, their only point of contact with the floor is their wedge forks, not the full flat wedge, so I can usually just cheese different angles of attack to avoid ever having to deal with a head-on interaction.

In general this is a pretty simple match to approach. attack them at some sort of angle, feed to hazard or pin in a corner while thwacking for theoretical damage points. take it relatively aggressive, but keep passive enough that I avoid taking excess damage, or letting them wedge me when I should be able to get away.

if they get under, lots of backing up and j-hooking. my drivetrain and ground clearance prevents me from being controlled. don't take risks that would get me wedged if we're near walls (or the wall-ish sides of the ramp - though I should be able to actually climb those with how nuts my drive is), because they could still maybe flip me if they get me pinned - though even then I can potentially monstertruck. it's also possible that my thwack arm will prevent me from tipping over properly.

if they go up the ramp try to punish them, since their wedge will be compromised. if they ramp camp go to their driver's booth and drive their robot off the ramp for them so we can have an actual fucking fight instead of some dumb standoff. avoid the ramp, unless i can use it to make some sort of clever escape or whatever.

GL