I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker vs Delorean Cowboy

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker vs Delorean Cowboy

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Crabs: 6 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 7 weapon (5 clamp/5 saw) / 10 armour (+1 claws)
Delorean Cowboy: Speed: 3 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 8

I KO his body in a hit, his claws wont last more than 1 or 2 I beat his wedge head-on: he's got that wide-ass flat thing with wimpy prongs, I have proper 2WD. He's too wide to often use circle strafing to effectively avoid my wedge.

Play passive. He's going to try and flank somehow. To counter, mostly back up, while turning back at an angle from him, such that I minimize my gyro forces, turn in a wide arc (to avoid pinning myself up against the wall or hazards), and in general don't let him get to my sides. try to do this for as little time as possible - as soon as I see enough of an opening for me to get under him, dart (with all that 3 speed) forewards, get under him, and deliver a mighty smack.

if he gets under me from the side:
-with claws closed: continue the circling backwards method, mixing up directions, trying to use my gyro to my advantage to move wonkily and be hard to control, but dont over do it and tip over. Mix this in with just darting straight back, see if I can get him to make a mistake with his movement - I literally just need him to get near to my front once - I hit far enough beyond the front of my wedge to hit the top lip of his plow - though if I can get further under him that would also be great. In general steer us such that we move in a circle and stick the the "center" of the arena (between the hazards and the exterior walls - dont put me anywhere near the fucking IED.): he doesn't have enough wedge to actively control the direction of my squirming.
-with claws open: drive forewards and hit the side of the claw. he's a dumbass.

if he gets under me from the front: I should still hit the top lip of his claws (or his chassis if he's a fucking dumbass and came at me with claws open). if I can't, see if I can win a pushing war since omni wheels have no grip. if no, same wonky movement shit.

if I'm flipped I think I might be able to self right. I still have a 16 power weapon after all :V

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker vs Delorean Cowboy

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm

IDCMF: 6 speed / 5 traction / 2 torque / 7 weapon (5 clamp/5saw) / 10 armour (+1 claws)

vs.

DeLorean Cowboy: 3 speed / 2 traction / 1 torque / 16 weapon / 8 armour

1) I have the armour on my claws to easily tank his hits. His tooth shape is also far from optimal for effectively delivering a hit unless I'm well up on his wedge. The outermost point of contact on his teeth actually curves the wrong way and is WAY more likely to just glance off.

2) Gabe's probably going to be pretty confident in his wedge but, with my claws closed, all of IDCMF's weight is resting on the sharpened points along their sides/front. In terms of weight/total area resting on the floor, it's a wash between us.

3) Physics. Ever notice how hard to steer Nightmare is? DC has an even more powerful weapon. Also ever wonder why Nightmare's wheels were so vulnerably far forward? Turning stability. DC's wheels are all the way back behind its weapon. If this thing turns quickly with it up to speed it falls over and has no realistic way to self-right.

4) I'll be using my omnis. Not only do I have a massive speed edge, but my ability to strafe allows me to keep my front (where the weapons are) facing him while I flank/angle/circle, taking turning time out of the equation.
Strategy

A lot depends on whether or not he turtles. If he turtles against the wall, go at him, let him rebound into it with 16 weapon's worth of force and do a front flip. Break his fist with my face. If he turtles by the IED, only go at him while he's there for the first two minutes.

If he stays in open space, flank him ruthlessly. I have a huge speed advantage, he's going to be dealing with crazy gyroscopic forces, I can circle strafe and, if I also turn in the direction that I'm strafing, I can legitimately side/diagonal strafe. Gabe's not dumb. He'll probably be expecting it and have some contingency, so watch out for baiting, sudden reversing, sideways starts, and the like. In terms of staying frontal, though, he only has two realistic options. The first is turning or hooking away super-cautiously to avoid tipping over, but then he forfeits any chance of not being flanked. The second is turning or hooking as quickly as he can and tipping over or at least losing control due to REALLY severe gyro lift (and still probably being flanked).

Basically, force him to keep up with me. The moment that he's out of control or his weapon isn't lined up with me clamp him with a five-powered deathgrip and bite in with the saw while maneuvering him towards the walls if possible to stuff his spinner. Release him on the mini-IEDs, which should be enough to tip him over. clamp into either his chassis or even one side of his wedge assembly. I can probably slice an outer prong clean off during that pin timer, leaving him even more prone to tipping.

Self-right, drive smart, don't put myself in a position to be OOTAd.

Shine on, you crazy diamond, at 88 MPH.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!