ICECrown Week 4: Steelhead vs Taranis

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ICECrown Week 4: Steelhead vs Taranis

Post by Trihunter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Whoops, procrastinated on this too long. Being home for the holidays is distracting :V

Taranis can only deal 2 damage to me at most, so this shouldn't be too tough. Give a fairly quick approach, minding the middle lump, and try to stick the flipper under them. Our aim is simply to try to invert Taranis and keep it pinned til the engine stalls out, either by using our own bulk or the arena wall. Play fairly aggressive with them, keeping up attempts to pop them over frequently, keeping up pressure if their wedge proves stronger in hope of them making a mistake so we can slip under. Of course, keep our drum spinning, especially whilst close to them, so we're always ready to capitalise on their errors. Once they're stalled out, the weapon's dead, so it shouldn't be too tough to keep bullying them around the arena for as long as needed. It's unlikely we'll get a KO, but sticking them in the walls and hazards are always a good idea.

Best of luck to the opposition.

British-Robotics

Re: ICECrown Week 4: Steelhead vs Taranis

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:25 am

Ok, so I can't quite damage Steelhead's armour that easily with my weapon, but that don't exactly mean it's useless in this match. instead, I'm going to make my weapon act as a flipper. So I'll start out aggressively as my weapon starts to spin up and stay close to him as much as possible. Steelhead's speed may be a tad quicker than mine but I can still catch him up thanks to my bot being 2WD.

My bot can win the wedge battle since Steelhead's weapon is hinged and my bot has skids at the front and they're unhinged.

If I manage to make contact with Steelhead with the weapon, I'll create a chain of hits and I'll try tossing him towards the hazards or an attempt for a OOTA.

I must also be wary of Steelhead's angling attempts, If this situation happens I'll run to spin up again, do so in reverse, and I'll face my wedge and I can flip him if he charges in too eagerly.

Good luck and may the best robot win, this battle should be a cracker.