Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:34 pm

...Tellu tries to examine them in her place. :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm

SCARLETT AND TELLU

Tellu attempts to do what Scarlett failed to do. She examines the compass and thinks it's probably analogous to a regular compass, but in this case, given there doesn't seem to be a magnetic north to point to, she's guessing it's probably some large mass of metal.

The drone on the other hand is a little more complex - she finds a red button and her best guess is that pressing it would send it off looking for help.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:48 pm

(If Scarlett hasn't already noticed these things,) Tellu lets Scarlett know what she figured out about the compass and the drone.

She then turns her attention to the cricket. "So what do we do about that thing... and please speak loudly... er, my grumbling belly might drown you out..."

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:53 pm

"Well... I can make frogurt out of it. No guarantees on the taste, but food's food. If you think the compass is pointing at a big chunk of metal, I'd be willing to bet it's whatever ship this person came from before the cube got them. Maybe we should check that out."
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Tellu stares at the cricket for a little while longer, than shakes her head. "Let's follow the compass."

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:16 pm

SCARLETT AND TELLU

Scarlett uses the frogurtsword, and making a slight knick in the carapace of the cricket, creates two decent sized frogurts. On tentatively tasting them they are.... edible. Not something you would order at a restaurant, but not actively terrible.

The two follow the compass for a while, which is a surprisingly long winded process when moving in such weird physics as these, but progressively get the knack of it. After several hours they've made good progress, but a slight noise behind them both catches them unawares. It's just a slight skittering that doesn't match the background sound. They aren't sure, but feel fairly confident in this guess..... something is following them.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:03 am

BEAR IN MIND

While wrapping up the shoot, Bear in Mind suddenly finds himself surrounded by a swarm of bees. They appear to be holding tiny placards. He has to get everyone else present to hear them, but when he eventually does manage to get some quiet, he discovers the message.

Essentially, they are demanding that he return the History Honey that he got as his first item choice; they are claiming that Bears are imperialists and cultural vandals, and the only way to disprove this is to return the honey to them right away!

Upon hearing this, several of the production staff bears begin mumbling too. You had the history honey this whole time? Surely as a Bear you were saving this to eat this. After all, Bears don't care what bees think - everyone knows that, and everyone knows that Bears love honey.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:54 am

Bear in Mind considers his options. He asks his fellow Bears Sans Frontieres what they'd do, and then goes on to call Durg, with whom he feels he has a good understanding, and asks what he'd do in this situation.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 am

BEAR IN MIND

The rest of Bears sans Frontiers voice their opinions:

- Paddington III is in favour of returning the honey... though asks to request to be allowed to scientifically analyse it.
- Bearyonce suggests that the bees should get it back, but they should give a large donation to charities of your suggestion in exchange.
- Melursus Ursinus thinks it should be sold to the highest bidder.
- Manpolarbear doesn't care. He'd rather it was seal blubber.
- David Attenbear believes you should give it back if the bees can prove that it will not disrupt the ecosystem to do so.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:58 am

"Before I hear the answer of my comrade Durg, bees, you tell me, what does this honey mean to you?! If this honey is as great as they claim, doesn't it belong to the whole world? Tell me bees, I have been informed this honey can have a strange effect on those that are not bees, do you, with your wise bee-knowledge, tell to me what that effect is?"

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:52 pm

BEAR IN MIND

"That is why we need it back! The knowledge stored within that honey contains the very primal essence of what it means to be a bee! We are missing that knowledge. And no. It was made by bees, for bees and stolen from us! Our birth right! Our heritage! Our history! So no. We don't believe it should belong to the world. And as to the strange effects... we don't know any more than you. We hope it's unpleasant though."

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Scarlett turns around!
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:14 pm

SCARLETT AND TELLU

Scarlett turns around but a small cloud of dust gets in her eyes, which stings a lot and makes her unable to focus on anything beyond very short distances.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:14 pm

EDIT: DUPLICATE POST

Meanwhile....

BOB, ADAMAN, MIRA, KARSTRYL AND THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS MIKHAIL ROMANOV

For a very brief moment, conciousness feels within their grasp... they are inside a metal building... lots of technological equipment is aimed in their direction. What does it mean....

Sleep claims them once more...
Last edited by Alexjh on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Vengeance finds his communicator clogged up with messages from Cyrus (OOC: see above)[/quote]

"Oh, for pity's sake&#33; I knew we should've updated the firewalls on this thing, but nooo&#33; No time for the day-to-day duties anymore&#33; It's all 'fix the contest' this and 'kill the android' that and 'end of all existence' the other&#33; It's like I can't focus on anything anymore&#33; Honestly, losing my eye was bad enough, but losing the other girl and the bloody blood train...&#33;

I don't know. Maybe I'm getting sloppy in my old age. I'm not even sure I am that old yet. That's the problem with these expeditions to the dregs of the multiverse; it's so terribly easy to lose track of time. It all used to be so simple...

Darksein, assemble the Guild in the Plotting Chamber. I sense trouble in the air. Imminent trouble...

('Car Masters', eh? Hmm...)"
Last edited by StevenMcG on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder