ARC Betrayal Game

Here's the space for any RPGs that aren't Robot Combat related. Find sign-ups and related information in here!

Moderators: Alexjh, The Monsterworks

MadBull

ARC Betrayal Game

Post by MadBull » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 am

Hey there,

I wanna host a Betrayal Game.

These standards RPG's are BIG and with flexible boundaries and can on and on and get difficult to finish...

The Betrayal Game has a clear plan, steps to follow, and a clear final goal, and I actually have a track record for finishing them!

Here is how it works:

1) I will present you with a theme and a storyline and you lot can make original character to enter into it.

2) Now, and here is the gist, 1 of the entrants has reasons to want to kill the rest of the participants! Who? I will pick 1 of the participants and inform them of this role through PM! No one else will be told their identity!

3) There will be rounds. Each round will start with a post by me, containing a continuation of the story, in it at least 1 murder. The 1st murder is always an NPC, so everyone will be alive for at least 1 round...

4) In each round, all the surviving players make at least 1 post to contribute to the story. Including the secret killer, who obviously will act as shocked by the murders as everyone else. You will realize the killer is among you, and post suspicions. Each round you will suspect 2 fellow players, either by incorporating their names in your post and highlighting them with bold letters, or just by adding an OOC-bit to name them.

5) Each round, the killer secretly tells me what other player they will kill next. My next update will then have them be the murder victim, removing them from the game completely.

6) When a player gets a predefined number of suspect votes, that player will be forced to reveal their part. If they are not the killer, they will themselves be an additional victim during my next update, alongside the kill the killer has for that round anyway. If they ARE the killer, the killer will be offed by the other members, and the game ends. Likewise, if the killer manages to kill all the players before being outed, the game also ends. Either the killer wins, or everyone else does.

That's the gist, I don't have a story just yet, just wanted to introduce the concept...

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

ARC Betrayal Game

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

So it's basically like werewolf, minus the special roles. Sounds good. I'm in!

Two questions:

1) If there are only two people left, one is automatically the killer. At that point, wouldn't you just have a deadlocked vote?
2) I'm assuming that characters are generic in their abilities and there's no way to escape death.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

MadBull

ARC Betrayal Game

Post by MadBull » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Monsterworks</dt><dd>Feb 7 2018, 11:19 AM</dd></dl><div>So it's basically like werewolf, minus the special roles. Sounds good. I'm in&#33;

Two questions:

1) If there are only two people left, one is automatically the killer. At that point, wouldn't you just have a deadlocked vote?
2) I'm assuming that characters are generic in their abilities and there's no way to escape death.[/quote]1) I should add that the game also ends when the killer mathematically can't be caught anymore. In that case my next post will be a massive slaughterfest
2) Well, I have played numerous Betrayal Games on other forums and there were ones with special abilities. What I posted is the barest form. When I actually host this bugger I may decide throwing in 1 or 2 roles. A very common one was the paranoia kill, one player would be able to kill once, preferably the killer, out of sheer paranoia.

I can add that players can personally request me to be the killer (well, or to not be), and they can give me specifics on their murders.

Cha0sFerret

ARC Betrayal Game

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:02 am

am interest
poopity scoop

PyroTechnica

ARC Betrayal Game

Post by PyroTechnica » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:57 am

Interedt

MadBull

ARC Betrayal Game

Post by MadBull » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:43 am

good

I am totally working on a story involving a superhero team&#33; Be prepared&#33;

MadBull

ARC Betrayal Game

Post by MadBull » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 am

I am working on a character sheet now, get your superhero ideas ready&#33;