Oddestsey V: The Seven Lords

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:17 pm

"So it's the quartz crystal pocket dimension, then. I guess the situation is out of our hands for now." Until the glowing one gets more information to them, they can't do much of anything. Scarlett sits down and waits, but gets bored within a minute. It's as good a time as any for small talk.

"So..." Scarlett immediately regrets opening her mouth, as she has no follow-up from that prepared. She digs up some trite question as quickly as she can. "Where are y'all from?"
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:49 pm

O-oh... this is perfect! I'll -

NO!!! DON'T TELL HER A GOD DAMN THING!!!

You think she would really care now that I'm here? If we were back on Earth then it would be different. Besides, it's not like it's a secret that I'm a Daimon anymore. They have better things to do than worry about my race.

Sssssssssss... then you'd better be prepared to face the consequences.

I am. Besides, I can't keep these things to myself anymore. It's infuriating. I need an outlet of some sort.

Tellu clears her throat.

"Oh boy, where do I start... well, let's see..." Tellu points a finger to her lips. "I guess I can tell you about myself. I'm, well, a Daimon. At least, partially. I'm... somewhat human, if that helps." Tellu grimaces guiltily. "I originated from, and used to be, part of a really nasty crowd called the Death Busters. Even worse, we... were kinda under control of our race's leader. That whole thing fell apart when Eudial, who I worked with, vanished. That was... 3 years ago my time, but I guess here it's been 77 years, they said, since the whole 'tree' thing happened.

"You see, the reason I've been on edge about Eudial is because, some time before I got sent here, word later came to me and rest of who I was working with that a person with overwhelming cosmic power annihilated our territory, the Tau Nebula, and everything in it. And it looked an awful lot like a certain someone." Tellu indicates the Eudial plushie strapped under one of the vines on her dress. "We were away from there at the time, so we had no way of going back there and were stuck. So when that happened, we all kinda... lost ourselves. Like we remembered all that we did, but had no real sense of self. But we didn't know who destroyed our home at the time. Someone... mysterious came by and told us." Tellu remembers fighting the mystery man in Daimon form and being squashed so easily.

"After he told us and took off, well... I've been wandering ever since. I don't even know what I'm looking for. I just wanna... feel something. Anything. To know I'm alive. And having to keep THIS bitchy side of me - "

Hi Scarlett. Can you hear me? I'm giving your friend here many things to think about.

FUCK. OFF. " - under control was getting to be a hassle. I want... positivity, I guess. You guys are the first bunch that really accepted me for what I am... so, really, I feel okay telling you all this.

"I hope I'm not sounding like an edgelord or drama queen. But it's been a really bumpy ride for me. I-I've done a lot of questionable things, so I wanna make up for that."

The Daimon in her head is incredulous.

All she asked you was where you were from, and you had to tell her ALL THAT?!

At least I don't have to hold it in anymore! And besides, they're MUCH more reliable than the
<span style="color:#090"> real edgelord.

<span style="color:#000">Even Cyrus, Mr. Reckless?</span>

<span style="color:#090">He helped us reconcile, in case you didn't notice&#33; Besides, he wanted to get things done. I-I'm sure of it.</span>
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:28 pm

"Well damn Tellu. That's a bit more than I have. York, England. Near the War Houses. Now they are terrifying to walk past on a daily basis. Giant out of place bunker in the middle of York. Completely ruins the place. Although it would be a nice background for a metal album cover, if any of you ever want to make one of those." Then Quinn realises the obvious.

"Wait, you're half-human? How the hell did that come about?"

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Tellu is a little taken aback by Quinn suddenly addressing her.

What, did you forget the crossdresser was listening in?&#33;

N-no, I didn't&#33; I just need to get these things out&#33;

Well now you're revealing secrets that we don't like being revealed&#33;&#33; You'd better hold them in, or you will PAY&#33;&#33;

Excuse me? Are YOU lecturing ME? Let me give you a heads up. You've gotten me into a lot of trouble already, what with all the crimes you convinced me to commit, all the blood on my hands, the general lashing out in public, and even exhausting that poor Cyrus guy when you resisted us working together. Now I still am fine working with you. You're something I'll never let go of. But refusing to let me decide things for myself, when you've put me through so much shit? That's low.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'LL DO TO YOU&#33;&#33;&#33;

Like I care. Now let me handle this, or I'll never listen to you again.

Hrrrrrrgh...

Put it this way. If I end up in hot water because of this, that'll be on me, and you can lecture me all you want. I'll listen. How's that?

'Tis never a matter of "if"... only "when".

Ugh. You're hopeless.

Tellu turns her attention to Quinn instead, frowning a little. Not as though she's angry with Quinn, but she seems to be contemplating her answer.

"Well... it's complicated," she says at last. "I... don't remember my exact origins, but Daimons are the race existed in that Nebula. They're... very different from what you'd find even here." Tellu shudders to think what would have happened if the group had an encountered an actual pure Daimon, its nightmarish form in Tellu's mind's eye. "...they called us 'perfect' Daimons, me and the group I was part of. I don't know about you but I hardly consider myself perfect." Tellu smiles sarcastically.

"I wasn't 'born' naturally, I don't think... I can only assume I'm just a splicing experiment... a, a-a freak." Tellu falters a little. "But I've still tried to live a life... well, as much as I can live, anyway.

"Well, there's some exposition for you. If it's not too much to ask, what about you all?"

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 pm

"Well, you're just as weird as the rest of us. I just woke up one day, a few days in the past, with a migraine, freaked out, and passed out. After it happened a few more times, I learnt how to control it, and now I can time travel a bit. And by a bit, I have to have wanted to go back there when it happened, and I can't stay for long."

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:43 pm

"Good grief... I think we may have dodged a bullet breaking away from that rabble, George. The cretins I'd been forced to team up with before were bad enough, but this lot might actually be clinically insane. Even I've not managed to get myself arrested yet - and I'm a literal card-carrying supervillain&#33; Look at that tasteful colouring&#33; It even has a watermark&#33;

If your scanners are still upgrading, I suggest we take in some more of the museum. If we can't find out more about the gem exhibit, we can at least fill in a few more blanks about how things have been since I was last here. 'Know thy enemy' and all that."
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Tellu sure has a lot to get off her chest. Quinn's answer is more like Scarlett was expecting. Tellu went and told her an origin story, one that Scarlett is certain she's heard as the plot to a few shows, and she's not sure where to begin on a response. Thankfully, Tellu asks about her and gives her an out. But how much to share? Maybe leave out the bit about Marbles and Omicron? It would only upset her to talk about it anyway. Maybe most of the stuff leading up to that should be cut, too? Or maybe she could just tell the whole story and breeze through that part as quickly as she can? No, she decides: bare minimum for now. She doesn't need the whole team knowing her entire life.

"Oh... small town in Nevada. I live alone. Pretty boring." Small town might be a stretch. There can be small towns of one, right? Scarlett goes with that idea.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 pm

Tellu is sure Scarlett is telling less than she is letting on, but can respect that. I get it... She nods.

Quinn's answer shocks her a little. "Time travel?? That's... certainly more interesting than what I can do, but I guess that's how you did that little bit of hocus pocus on the walkway some time ago, and with the gate here too. Good to know."

Tellu looks a little apologetic. "Sorry if I bored you with my waffle, I've... just been stressed out and I needed an outlet," she says. "Not really having anyone to really talk to for a long time can do that to you. Anyway, I guess we should wait for this whole mess with the gate to be sorted, huh?"

Qwartz crystal... I bet all my fingers that if Mimete were here instead of me, she'd swipe the damn thing. Oh well, shouldn't think about that right now.

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:34 pm

"So. We know nothing about this quartz crystal, so why shouldn't we go and ask the police? Because, we could search the entire district for this crystal. And we might as well take a tour through the city, haven't had a look round yet, and I want to find out where we are."

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:07 pm

DURG
The point of Axel's sword drops further and his glance switches between Durg, the giant and Sexy Grammar Robot a few times.

"If you are right.... I'll kill them myself. I'll accept a truce for now. "

He pauses for a second.

"Take this" he says with a hint of resentment.

"If you give it some blood, it'll fire a special falre so I know where to find you. If you find out who is behind this... we can take them down. Permanently"

With this, he spins slightly - seemingly to pose in some kind of edgy way for half a moment - and then leaps off into the distance.

CYRUS
The guy who had told him about Quantum Quartzes gives Cyrus a funny look - they were literally inside the quartz, so finding it wasn't the issue. But he obviously decides at least it gives people some hope and something to make them feel useful to look.

PROFESSOR VENGEANCE
George continues updating but has a few tidbits of info to work on.

"I have located the source of the energy barrier blocking our way to the main musuem - it would seem someone dropped a Quantum Quartz in a water fountain 500m to the South of us. If we could destroy that, the barrier would go down, and we would be able to access the grand Museum and the Chaos Emerald."

"Also, a small contingent of the "rabble" who arrived with you seem to be 500m South East of the location of the Quartz. You may well not want to interact with them judging from your description of them, but they seem pretty inobservant"

MIKHAIL
With the new plan in place, they set to infiltrate the house. Unfortunately, Marianne is unable to to enter first - she is bound by the vampire rule of only being able to enter is invited in from inside. Fortunately Jarin creates an ingenious way around this - he manages to climb up the side of the building and drop a walkie talkie inside a narrow open window. Then, able to invite Marianne in from inside, she is able to use her mist form to go in through the letterbox and undo all the locks.

There is no sign of any more advanced security system that she can see.

With one slight exception - Jeffers the Miniature Land Seal. Jeffers turns out to be old and a bit wobbly, but wobbles off to hide deep under a huge elaborate pile of books at the back of the flat that he has made his den. He is clearly terrified of you all, and his "arfs" are quiet enough that no one outside the flat could hear them, but clearly show the tiny animal to be very stressed. Kardoona tries to sooth him, but he just backs deeper into his book-burrow and whimpers.

Telemachus is due home in around 30 minutes give or take.

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:17 pm

"Quartz?" Mira asks, just about able to make out Quinn's yelling through the barrier. She slightly raises her own voice, in case the others aren't able to hear her. "At least we know what we have to look for now now, I'll let you know if I find anything. Take care of each other."

With that, Mira decides to first examine the Parliament building, and heads on over toward it.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Quinn has a point: sitting around talking won't solve anything. Scarlett gets up on her feet and stretches.

"Yeah, let's at least take a look around, I guess," she agrees. "But maybe save the police for a last resort. We got dragged into this mess for a reason, after all. Not that I have any idea what that reason is... let's just make sure we remember how to get back here."
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Tellu decides to go find out about some attractions within the dome&#33; Maybe she'll find the Qwartz that way&#33; She's tired of sitting around and doing nothing&#33;

While doing this, she hums some of the notes to Fr

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:59 pm

A whole box of parts for only 50 credits? Adaman decides he definitely has to take advantage of that. He goes back and finds a pair of miniature repulsor pads he spotted earlier. He decides to fashion these into a pair of jump-gloves for his (hand-like) feet. In the absence of much foliage to climb on in this city, he'd like to have as many options as he can to stay mobile. Returning to the front, he pays for everything and puts it all in his backpack, deciding to assemble everything that evening when they'd found some kind of accommodations.

Richfield had returned in the meantime, and he and the newcomer seemed to be staring at some kind of being on top of a nearby roof, while the bear was talking with the shopkeeper. What's going on?, he wonders.

He walks up to Richfield and the woman. "Hello. I am Adaman. You are Richfield, I think? And I have not met you before," he says to the woman [who is the being, if that's not clear]. "Have you found anything out about our task? Who is that you are staring at?"

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:47 am

DURG TAKE BLOOD THING SWORD BOY GIVE. DURG KNOW TWO PEOPLE NOW. BOTH NOT BAD PEOPLE. BOTH NOT GOOD LEADER. NEED MAKE WAY PEOPLE GO HOME. KNOW KNIGHT TOO. KNIGHT STRONK. KNIGHT MAYBE GOOD. DURG TALK GIANT:

"EEEIEEKKKKLAAK____OOOTH____VREGAMMNOTTE_________KLLI____JIKEWWWAKK" DURG AND GIANT KNOW MORE THING NOW. BIG BAD GUY OTHER PLACE. DURG AND GIANT NEED FIND BIG BAD GUY. BREAK BIG BAD GUY. MAYBE NEED SWORD BOY HELP. BIG BAD GUY STRONK.

DURG SIGH. DURG WANT BREAK PERSON. ALL STRONK PEOPLE NOT BAD. DURG MUCH WANT BREAK PERSON&#33; FIND NEW BAD PERSON. BREAK&#33; BREAK PLEASE&#33;&#33; DURG GET WEAPON. TAKE LITTLE BLOOD THING. ASK GIANT LIFT UP. ASK SEXY ROBOT FIND NEW STRONK PEOPLE MEET. MAYBE BREAK. HOPE BREAK. ASK GIANT KNOW THING ABOUT MORE PEOPLE. NUMBER THREE. DURG GO. DO JOB. MAKE SHINIES.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49