Ruination: The Upheaval - Ruleset

Section for tournament polls. Other stuff, such as CFL All-Stars, are located here.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Please try to post your reasons in the thread when voting.

Also, the ruleset that I would propose would NOT replace the ones in attackfrog's post that CFL tournaments currently use. These are an entirely different set of rules and guidelines for use in Ruination only, and will still be tweaked between each Ruination tournament.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:26 pm

attackfrog's ruleset is the standard ARC ruleset btw, he just took the time to actually give it a good formatting :P

E: also you already know that I just prefer the other ruleset so there's my reason :P
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 pm

That does not do well for my confidence but okay :v:

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Post by Shaba117 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:36 pm

It might help if you would have, at the very least, a rough layout of your proposed ruleset, Kody-although, I've agreed with almost everything that I've seen on the Discord chat, so far (though I may have missed bits and pieces of it due to being on the road for awhile today).

R4 is your tournament, Kody, and if you feel the need for a different ruleset to make it unique, than you do that-as long as you're not alienating the majority of active participants of the board.

TBH, I'd be up for something different, myself. Every event should be unique in some way, whether it is the varied arenas of the CBC series, or the realism of the C&B series.

Of course, the challenge is getting enough of us on board to participate ;)

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Shaba117</dt><dd>Oct 15 2017, 11:36 PM</dd></dl><div>It might help if you would have, at the very least, a rough layout of your proposed ruleset, Kody-although, I've agreed with almost everything that I've seen on the Discord chat, so far (though I may have missed bits and pieces of it due to being on the road for awhile today).

R4 is your tournament, Kody, and if you feel the need for a different ruleset to make it unique, than you do that-as long as you're not alienating the majority of active participants of the board.

TBH, I'd be up for something different, myself. Every event should be unique in some way, whether it is the varied arenas of the CBC series, or the realism of the C&B series.

Of course, the challenge is getting enough of us on board to participate ;)[/quote]Honestly, I wanted to get enough ideas from different people before proposing anything at all, but I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah, Ruination is my tournament, and I don't want it to become a chore, but at the same time what makes things better for me may not make things better for those competing. So I'm kind of stuck.

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 am

jack's ruleset, as GABE said it, is the normal ruleset for all ARC tournaments as of late

so i don't see why we would change up the normal rules, unless we're doing jack's ruleset with some different changes, i.e the triangle armor shit
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 am

It would be a ruleset exclusively for Ruination, not a replacement for the regular ruleset.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:27 pm

I like how it's my ruleset now :P

I wouldn't mind a tournament with the rules changed around a bit. It would be a good way to test if rule changes would be broken or not, and the current meta has started to feel kind of stale. Altering some things could make room for more creativity, if done right.

Mole55

Post by Mole55 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:34 pm

If we make an exclusive ruleset, can we have CBC saw rules?