Challenge Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Challenge Thread

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:09 pm

In response to Kugelblitzed, I offer up some Dankleosteus. Let's scrap, bro.

Heavyweight: Dunkleosteus

This is a wide-faced, invertible plow/crusher, weighted towards the front so that it can pivot effortlessly around its massive plow/mouth. The face is designed so that it <del>is really fucking ugly</del> works either way up (though it works better right side up). For the sake of knockback mitigation, Dunkleosteus is encircled by four large tracks, which ensure both full invertibility using the central joint as a pivot, and that this prehistoric terror's footprint on the ground is huge. Feel like going fishing?

Speed: 8 &#124; Weapon: 1 &#124; Armour: 12 &#124; Traction: 6 &#124; Torque: 3
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Wolf51-50

Challenge Thread

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:35 pm

For the Brain Damage 2 vs Giganto challenge

Oh my. That's a big drum. And.... I've wanted to RP for Brain Damage for so long XD
So he has 1 point of speed over me, but I also have more weapons than a Swiss army knife. So what I'm hoping to do here is use the side facing walker legs to strafe to the left, then move forward. Try to aim for the wheel of Giganto with the punching bar and send him flying. If something goes wrong and that doesn't work, turn the body to have the left side facing. Scuttle over to Giganto, and give it a whack with the hammer and see what happens. If he's still not out yet, finish him with the drum. Don't drive into hazards, or the OOTA zone and be cautious when approaching the drum, but don't be afraid to give it a wallop.

Good luck Syl
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

British-Robotics

Challenge Thread

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:58 am

Response to Dreadnought battle

Strategy

At the start of the match I'll need to somehow try and get underneath the side of Dreadnought, the protective wedges are not hinged so there is a possibility that I can get an angle right under the opponent and flip him.

If I do manage to flip him I'll stay underneath and push him towards the pullverizers in order to try and buckle the weapon of Dreadnought, I'll leave my flipper wide open in order to gain a better pushing ability thanks to the torque advantage.

Stay away from Dreadnought's flipper by being a little defensive at times. Leave some space and flank to the side of the robot again in order to go for the same attack. Keep on repeating the same move a few times.

Good luck buddy and may the best robot win.

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm

The challenge thread is alive&#33; Unfortunatley, all the previous fights will be wiped, but it's a fresh start y'all.
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Challenge Thread

Post by V900 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm

I'm challenging Hiicantek to a <del>street race</del> 1v1 exhibition match to see which Initial D bot can kick the other's ass. For sake of competition, we'll ignore the fact that my robot is a HBW and just assume both are competing as MW's. We'll also be using the standard ARC arena.

I'll be using Gas^3:
(note: Plow is hinged approx 10-15 degrees so I don't flop face-first)
Speed: 8
Torque: 4
Traction: 8
Armor: 10 (+3 plow)
Weapon: 0

HPT will be using Initial D (as in, it's literally called "Initial D"):
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armour: 6

My RP will be here in a couple of hours or so. IDK how deadlines work for this, but I assume my opponent will post his RP sometime soon.
Last edited by V900 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hiicantpk

Challenge Thread

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Gas Cubed vs Initial D

His plow is hinged but theres no weapon going to it so he can't press it, meaning I can get under with my skids. Those trackballs are also gonna give him a lot less resistance to knockback (although in this case it'll be vertical knockback and won't matter as much)

Stay in my square and spin up. Hes likely to try to strafe around with his trackballs, but if I'm near the wall and not driving around, I should be able to turn in time to face his plow. If he just straight box rushes me, j hook away if possible (although if he goes straight at me I should get under his plow)
If I start Gyroing, back off slightly to bring the front back down.
All his armour is in the plow, a hit on the main body will likely cripple him (Especially considering how complex trackball mechanisims can be). If I get under the plow with my skids and throw it up, it'll hit the limit in the hinged and hopefully transfer the rest of the energy into throwing his bot up and over, which will give me a chance to hit his underside.

Mostly just focus on keeping my drum pointed at him. Even if its just grinding against his plow, that'll still score damage points for the judges if it comes to that.

Attempt to Gyrodance away if he is trying to push me into a wall.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Mole55

Challenge Thread

Post by Mole55 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:10 pm

<big><del>The</del> An Animal<del>s</del></big>

One of the Animals has decided to come play in the middleweight division, and specifically kick Redglare's ass.

Speed: 9
Traction: 8
Torque: 4
Weapon: 0
Armour: 7
Last edited by Mole55 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winternimbus

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Neophyte Redglare

<small>flipper extended</small>

Speed: 7
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 7
Armor: 9

Redglare is here to legislacerate An Animal, 'cause the bounty's on An Animal's ass, and she's here to take it&#33; Front-hinged launcher that is guaranteed to send your robots flying across the arena. Uses an on-board compressor. The wedgelets on the front are on a 15-degree limiter downwards, so you cant kick up the wedgelets, and basically all the wedges (including the ABR plow) besides the wedgelets aren't hinged, they're a part of the chassis.

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

winternimbus

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Neophyte Redglare V.S An Animal - My RP

--

Well, this will be interesting.

The high speed penalty will screw mole over, meaning that An Animal will be slipping and sliding across the arena. Low armor means that he will be fairly prone to hazard damage. Mole didn't say that his wedges are on a limiter, unlike mine, but i believe his wedges are hinged. Correct me if i'm wrong, Mole.

Hang around the killsaws, don't bother chasing after him, let him come to me. Keep my front pointed towards him, angle in and ram him if i have to, once he's on my flipper, fire immediately. If i get wedged by him, J-Hook immediatley. Try to pin him on the wall drum or the arena walls.

Be aggressive, but play it defensive if i need to, avoid hazards and hazard-baiting, and don't fall for monkey business. Drive smart.

Good luck Mole&#33;

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

-NWOWWE, 2017

Mole55

Challenge Thread

Post by Mole55 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 pm

So one thing I notice straight away. Redglare has a 3 point gap between speed and traction. This thing will not be able to keep with the Animal's 1 point difference and 2 point speed advantage. And with the lack of high speed penalty in this ruleset, I can just run the fuck around.

I would expect him to corner camp, but the corners are filled with deadly pulverizers of shit. So he's probably just going to back into the wall. If he does, just let him stay there. He'll have to come out at some point.

When he does, or if he just goes on the offensive at the start, just get round him. He has shitty control, and is slower than me. Then push him into the pulverizers, he can be hammered to death. Just leave him there, and repeat ad infinitum.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Challenge Thread

Post by V900 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:25 am

Obligated "I'm probably gonna pwn this guy all over the place" so that I get insta-DQ'd and Kody teleports behind me, unsheathing his Sailor Moon[tm] katana.

Comparing my 8 traction to his utterly abysmal 4, he'll be smacked a fair distance's more than my bot on most of not all of our exchanges. Not to mention that the large speed gap between the two of us along with my trackball locomotion makes it very easy for me to keep my front (which at 10 base armor + 3 bonus trivializes his weapon) facing toward ID for the entire match. The first half of the match at the very least, given his weapon craps its pants after 5 hits (14 weapon - 8 armor+weapon bonus = 6 weapon:armor disparity). After the weapon inevitably breaks it'll be easy pickings for me to push him regardless of if I'm pushing his front or not.

That said, the first strat here is to attempt and maneuver myself to his front corners or sides and get one wheel off the ground by means of my curved plow. From there I can easily just shove him around into whatever hazard I want (putting high priority on anything close by that isn't those useless-ass ramps). I'll really need to pussyfoot around and not accidentally get smacked by the drum, but perhaps I can slip under if he tries to turn and ends up tipping one of his sides upwards. If it's clear that I can't flank my opponent despite my superior speed and mobility, then my only real option will be to ram head-on at full speed (with my aforementioned 13 armor plow that Initial D would be hard-pressed to out-maneuver) in an attempt to destabilize the opponent as much as possible (again, 4 traction plus gyro effects vs my 8). I'll get knocked on my ass from the impact, but being the bot without a massive spinning weapon of doom, I can recover far quicker than he can. GL HF

tl;dr "literally do not let him touch my 7 armor chassis at all ever, kthx"

PS I don't actually know if any of the characters on Sailor Moon use a katana or not :tellu:

winternimbus

Challenge Thread

Post by winternimbus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Gas Cubed V.S Inital D

--

The two bots launch out of their starting squares, as eurobeat blasts within the arena walls. I don't know anything about ether eurobeat or the anime Initial D, but i guess it's about drifting. Anyway, Gas Cubed drifts across the arena, avoiding the killsaws, but sliding because trackballs suck. :v: Initial D then follows suit, using gyro forces to keep it's drum pointed at Gas Cubed. The two bots ram eachother, sparks fly as Initial D's drum grinds against Gas Cubed's plow, and Gas Cubed gets sent flying upwards&#33; Good thing that plow is so sturdy, or else it'll be toast by now.

Gas Cubed lands with a menacing THUNK against the arena floor, Trackball mechanisms are pretty fragile, and that's pretty lucky of Gas Cubed for it's drive to not go kaput when it landed. Gas Cubed charges Initial D, strafing around the drum bot, as the drum bot minotaurs to face him. Eventually, Gas Cubed gets it's plow under Initial D, and proceeding to take it for a world tour across the arena, and proceeding to attempt a beach on the wedge wall.

For the most of this match, it's Gas Cubed wedging Initial D, some nice sparkshows as Initial D's drum grinds up against Gas Cubed's plow. That is, until a surprising turn of events takes place&#33; 1:56 into the match, Gas Cubed takes Initial D for another tour across the arena, but Initial D gyrodances off, looks like it had enough of being bullied around for so long, and proceeds to maneuver around Gas Cubed, as Gas Cubed turns to face Initial D, but Initial D proceeds to get a lucky ram in on Gas Cubed's sides, as it's sides were exposed. Gas Cubed gets sent flying across the arena, tumbling in the air, and it lands against the lexan. Mr. AS is angrily using Gas Cubed's controller, but looks like that nasty impact, 6 whole points of damage, has effectively crippled Gas Cubed's fragile trackball drive system.

To add insult to injury, Initial D is brutalizing Gas Cubed as it's getting counted out&#33; Hii, stop&#33; It's already dead&#33;

Initial D wins by KO.

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

-NWOWWE, 2017

Wolf51-50

Challenge Thread

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Alright. If things aren't gonna start back up again on CBC, I'm not just gonna sit here and wait for another fight on here. Come at me bois :v:

Chaotic Insurgency

Basically Tazbot gone rogue. 2WD with cambered wheels. Bright red front fork is static, dark red and black angled wedgelets are hinged with a 20
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Wolf51-50

Challenge Thread

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm

So I'm just gonna finish writing this match because why not

Ok. There is no way in hell that I'm going to remember the RB2, arena, so this is going to happen in the ARC arena. Don't worry, your strategies won't be comprised by this.

An Animal goes flying towards Neophyte Redglare. What kind of animal you ask? Wish I knew. Well, it kinda skids going around the killsaws, but it wins the wedge war and gets underneath Neophyte. Into the Pulverizer we go&#33; Neophyte gets two solid hits on it's top before it uses it's flipper to jump off. An Animal gets under again and slams it into a wall, but again Neophyte jumps off. Another speed attack, but this time Syl is ready and angles in. It gets underneath An Animal a decent amount, but not enough to fire the flipper. Neophyte pushes it up against a wall, putting it on the flipper. FLIP&#33; SMACK&#33; An Animal is thrown vertically on the wall, then falls back down. Hey&#33; That's animal abuse&#33; Oh this is interesting. Neophyte is underneath one of the wedgelets, but An Animal is also underneath one of Neophyte's wedges. Both are trying to get an advantage. Eventually Animal's torque and horse power win out and it pushes Neophyte around for a little longer. Neophyte gets pinned for a little while, but then angles into those wedgelets and drives nearby the OOTA zone. Might want to get out of there. Syl wants that flip, but Animal isn't perched up on the flipper quite yet. An Animal eventually slides off and drives away like a bat out of hell. The buzzer sounds soon after.

Aggression: 9-6 An Animal
Damage: 8-7 An Animal
Strategy: 9-6 Neophyte Redglare

An Animal wins 23-22

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Challenge Thread

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Yeah, Death Metal is itching for a fight (I know, this bot has a mind of its own, sometimes...it just spun up while on the workbench, recently O_O ). I'll give it a go at Chaotic Insurgency. Dunno if we'll get a writer for this, but I'll post my RP by tomorrow.