The Spring Corps - sign-ups

Here's the space for any RPGs that aren't Robot Combat related. Find sign-ups and related information in here!

Moderators: Alexjh, The Monsterworks

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:46 am

Yay!
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 am

yay!

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:03 pm

sorry for letting this slip myself, I really intend to get back in things

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:22 pm

Asbestosstar, refrain from posing in RPGs in which you are not participating, and read the rules of things before blindly posting in signup threads asking about rules. consider yourself warned. Your post is removed from Spring Corps game thread
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:01 am

Okay, so I feel like I should explain myself for letting the game sit and stagnate for so long. At first it was general school stuff, then I tried to jumpstart it right before finals week, which was dumb on my part. This past month, I just wasn't in a posting mood. No particular reason, I can't really explain it. Sorry. That said, the game is going to continue, and everyone who's still interested is welcome to come along. New players are welcome as well, I'll find a way to write you in.

On a related note, I'm making a small change to the inactivity policy. Instead of being killed off, inactive characters will be separated from the party and repurposed. If the player decides to come back, they may, but they will find their character in drastically different circumstances from the rest of the party.

So long as I'm mentioning inactivity, while my timing on this is probably about the worst it could possibly be, ahem Martijn ahem.
poopity scoop

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:09 am

... having been inactive in the main plot for so long myself, the idea of being repurposed actually sounds fairly appealing honestly...
Last edited by MadBull on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Jan 8 2017, 09:09 AM</dd></dl><div>... having been inactive in the main plot for so long myself, the idea of being repurposed actually sounds fairly appealing honestly...
[/quote]I can make it happen, then&#33;
poopity scoop

StevenTheTerrible

Post by StevenTheTerrible » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:02 am

I want to try one of these, sounds pretty neat. I'll make something. What I don't get is what am I making a character for? Is it an apocalypse on Jupiter? I don't get it.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 am

Well, since we're already partway into the story, I can tell you some stuff about the setting without spoiling things. I was intentionally vague in this thread because I wanted it to be a surprise when we started.

This is on Earth, round about 900ish years after a nuclear apocalypse. Humanity is recovering and things are starting to look up.

The current cast of characters were accidentally dragged in from other universes and caught in the middle of a conflict between the group of people heading humanity's recovery and a group of people who think humanity isn't recovering quickly enough.

You're welcome to join, but do keep in mind I won't accept every possible character concept. Honestly, though, it'd take a lot for me to reject a character, you'd basically have to actively try to make something either blatantly overpowered or horrifically dumb. My tolerance on this stuff is pretty good :P

edit: holy fuck i need to tone it down with the adverbs
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

StevenTheTerrible

Post by StevenTheTerrible » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Alright sounds good&#33; I'll have something cooked up in like 2 days. Will I be looked down upon if I don't provide a picture cause I'm not exactly the next Picasso.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:56 pm

None of us gave photos :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeah, don't worry about pictures. A good written description will be sufficient.
poopity scoop

StevenTheTerrible

Post by StevenTheTerrible » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:39 am

whoopsidoodles, forgot to do this this weekend. Hope I'm forgiven.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 pm

No worries, there's no deadline or anything.
poopity scoop

StevenTheTerrible

Post by StevenTheTerrible » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Alias: Chef, Daddy Linguini, Big Hoss

Race/Species: Italian

Description: An extremely Italian man who stands 5'6" and lean in weight, now 34 years old. He has black slightly curly hair he usually hides under a beaten up black hat (chef hat on special occasions). However, he has a draw back he's just so freakin Italian he needs a translation collar around his neck at all times, as characters would otherwise have no clue what he is saying through his thick accent.

History: After his parents moved to the United States they got together enough money to cyrogenically freeze their young son until they had a stable income and a nice environment to raise him in, that's when the accident happened. His container was accidentally moved to the underground storage facility and was lost to time, after hundreds of years his pod malfunctioned due to the electronic bits aging badly. He was let to face this new world with nothing but his Italian charm and recipes his parents taught him.

Powers: - Baguette Strike: Giuseppe always carries a few handy baguettes in a satchel on his back, he uses his experience from the Italian Little League Baseball Team to hurl them at great speed. He can always bake more so he basically has an endless supply as long as he is near an oven.
- Italian Pride: Giuseppe gets enraged if he hears nationalistic speaking from anywhere and boosts his damage for a short period of time. (do you guys do that in here?)
- The Italian Popeye: He gets a short boost in damage when he eats any sort of Italian food, he can make it himself and carry some on him as well.

STATS

Strength: 15
Will: 7
Stamina: 15
Speed: 1
Intelligence: 1
Perception: 1