Battlebots

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
BEES

Battlebots

Post by BEES » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:11 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Aug 6 2016, 08:59 AM</dd></dl><div>The only bot possible that could beat Minotaur and Tombstone could possibly be Poison Arrow, since it's overachieved many times over[/quote]I wouldn't 100% count out Bronco or Beta.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Battlebots

Post by GF93 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Aug 6 2016, 12:36 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:34 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:30 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 5 2016, 11:18 AM</dd></dl><div>Not even been a day since it's aired, and already the Minotaur fanboys make me want to puke.[/quote]I want Minotaur to lose as much as the next guy, but I knew Warhead would get its ass kicked. :v:[/quote]Eh, it's not so much the fact it lost that bothers me- in some ways, Warhead did get off pretty light compared to Photon Storm and Blacksmith (IE. Being allowed to stay on its side after having the weapon broken rather than being outright annihilated like the former two were), and the Minotaur guys themselves were very gracious about it afterwards, so props to them for that and winning as handily as they did.

It's just the Minotaur fanboys really, that piss me off. I mean, people get at me for being a bad loser, but I've always found bad winners to be so much worse. At least when people lose, you can kind of understand WHY they'd be acting like such assholes.[/quote]Sounds just like me and my internet connection. All things aside, I can see where you're coming from, as typically fanboys can be really annoying and can often cause massive problems to other people. However, the main reason why the fanboys of Minitaur are acting like they are is probably due to the fact that Team Razer's robots often end the match in one piece, not spread around the arena. I mean Poison Arrow fans believe said robot could beat anyone due to killing SOW. Yet if tell them the actual reason why SOW died, they go "nope nope nope" and so on and so on.

This appears to be a reoccurring theme in the world. Everything that is a reality show, has the "murder is everywhere" camera and involves a big "upset" becomes the big news and everything else becomes get left behind.[/quote]I think I see what you mean. Though I'll be honest, I had no idea that the Poison Arrow fanboys were just as bad as the Minotaur ones in that regard. I mean, Minotaur, you can at least make a case for considering that the hit that sent the dome frisbeeing off was indeed a brilliant one, and the whole "allowing the other guy to very wisely lie down and stay down" approach they beat Warhead via was undoubtedly pretty badass. Poison Arrow though, it's a pretty good but fairly average machine in comparison, and very fortunate that Son of Whyachi and Hypershock broke down the way they did against it, IMHO.

As for who I think will win overall, though? My money's on either beta or Minotaur at this point. Regardless of which one it is, it would definitely be great to see a Battlebots champion that's not from North America (IE. The US or Canada), for once.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

Battlebots

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:13 am

Minotaur and Beta are two of my favorite robots after seeing their recent performances.

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:43 am

Due to me being out from this Friday to Tuesday, I have to ask which Thursday will feature the other half of round of 16?
Last edited by The Mangle on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Aug 16 2016, 05:43 AM</dd></dl><div>Due to me being out from this Friday to Tuesday, I have to ask which Thursday will feature the other half of round of 16?[/quote]Next Thursday. Olympics are over this week.

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:38 am

Given how this season of Battlebots has gone, I wonder as to whether or not ABC is going to keep the show as it is currently or change. You can add shit to this, if you like.

Also, Ray has revealed how Tombstone is going to combat Brutus...by showing us the actual fight, just like how Poison Arrow-HyperShock's match was revealed.

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 pm

That was fucking stupid

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 pm

A retard robot by a retard team spends 3/4ths of the match flailing around on its side like a fucking moron. Nearly gets knocked out at one point because they can't self right, wins because of a lucky hit right at the start. Awesome. I really wanted to watch more Chomp.

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:38 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Aug 25 2016, 08:00 PM</dd></dl><div>A retard robot by a retard team spends 3/4ths of the match flailing around on its side like a fucking moron. Nearly gets knocked out at one point because they can't self right, wins because of a lucky hit right at the start. Awesome. I really wanted to watch more Chomp. [/quote]"and through the power of all that was evil, Chomp managed to defeat the king, Bite Force, in one hit. After that match, Zoe managed to send Paul in to a dangerous and disturbing Nightmare, thanks to the power of Silent Hill and bullshit."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Battlebots

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:02 am

please excuse me while i pull a drd and ignite into a flaming ball of rage
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Mangle

Battlebots

Post by The Mangle » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Chomp is winning because are not bird. We must become bird in order to defeat Chomp. How do we become bird?

Siphai

Battlebots

Post by Siphai » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:16 pm

holy fucking shit

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Battlebots

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:43 pm

fuckin Wrecks
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Hiicantpk

Battlebots

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:27 pm

That was fucking anticlimatic.

Hopefully thats not the fight that breaks season 3's chances
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Battlebots

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 am

the rest of that was fuckin epic tho
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122