The Multiverse!

Here's the space for any RPGs that aren't Robot Combat related. Find sign-ups and related information in here!

Moderators: Alexjh, The Monsterworks

TotallyNotSatan

The Multiverse!

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Mar 23 2016, 11:51 AM</dd></dl><div>Sounds like you guys have a problem. The easiest solution to me appears to be to let the host make the rules a bit easier to understand, or alternatively have a set of guidelines put in place for things like this.

Since this post is unlikely to reach (damn internet connection), what exactly are the technology and species rules for this game? It appears to heavily feature characters for the Dark Ages with crossbows and arrows and bows, plus motherfucking swords.[/quote]Some clarifications:

E1 and E4: Magic works. Tech does not.
E2: Magic and tech work.
E3: Tech works. Magic does not.

Magic is spells and magic items and curses. If you have a curse on you, it's alleviated until you enter a magic world. Same thing if you have a magical pet, or magic armor, etc.
Tech is more broadly defined as electronics. Stuff like flintlocks and muskets are frowned upon but fine in E1 and E3. Same thing as magic: electronics stop working, electric planes stop, etc. but work again once you enter a tech world.

Just know, odds are you go through all four worlds at times. Tech is more useful but you can use magic in more places.

As for species, humans are the only playable characters(barring shapeshifting powers or some such.) Robots can be sentient in E2/E3, but they are nonplayable.
Last edited by TotallyNotSatan on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badnik96

The Multiverse!

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:40 pm

...how exactly is this supposed to work? do you have an established story-line or just a bunch of disjointed worlds?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

TotallyNotSatan

The Multiverse!

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 23 2016, 12:40 PM</dd></dl><div>...how exactly is this supposed to work? do you have an established story-line or just a bunch of disjointed worlds?[/quote]I have an actual storyline planned. Don't worry.

MadBull

The Multiverse!

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Mar 23 2016, 11:51 AM</dd></dl><div>Sounds like you guys have a problem. The easiest solution to me appears to be to let the host make the rules a bit easier to understand, or alternatively have a set of guidelines put in place for things like this.

Since this post is unlikely to reach (damn internet connection), what exactly are the technology and species rules for this game? It appears to heavily feature characters for the Dark Ages with crossbows and arrows and bows, plus motherfucking swords.[/quote]wanna join?

me, I'm totally preparing a character&#33;

Cha0sFerret

The Multiverse!

Post by Cha0sFerret » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:55 pm

I have decided to make a character for this. Probably something with a less, uh... murdery background than my character for Apkallian System. Now that the confusion about the tech rules has mostly been cleared up, I think this could be fun :)
poopity scoop

TotallyNotSatan

The Multiverse!

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Mar 23 2016, 08:55 PM</dd></dl><div>I have decided to make a character for this. Probably something with a less, uh... murdery background than my character for Apkallian System. Now that the confusion about the tech rules has mostly been cleared up, I think this could be fun :)[/quote]It's at 1 character so far. I need 4-6 by the 3rd.

The Mangle

The Multiverse!

Post by The Mangle » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:23 pm

I MIGHT think entering TNS' and Kodys' games. Both games have the same stat set up and the whatnot, as well as being able to call you up for something I need. However, there are some issues with both games I have with. In ducklets' game, the technology-magic rule and universe rules prevents most of the characters from working properly and the species part is more of a reminder than actually be a part of the game, whereas fire has made it clear that you have keep RPing in order to prevent your character from dying, which something I could not do due very fucking ill. Despite this, I'll try and make some characters for future non robot related RPs.

For some reason, the word "Kody's" did not exist in my dictionary, for some rand om reason. It also feels weird, not having any British people around.

Also, how does someone reply to comment that isn't recent? Just a put @ and add to it? Or use the quote button?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Multiverse!

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:27 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Mar 24 2016, 01:23 PM</dd></dl><div>Also, how does someone reply to comment that isn't recent? Just a put @ and add to it? Or use the quote button?[/quote]Quote if you want to directly reference their post.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

MadBull

The Multiverse!

Post by MadBull » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>In ducklets' game, the technology-magic rule and universe rules prevents most of the characters from working properly[/quote]

honestly, THAT is an aspect that may be fun, the fact certain character excel in certain environments and will be less effective in others

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>whereas fire has made it clear that you have keep RPing in order to prevent your character from dying, which something I could not do due very fucking ill[/quote]

sorry if I'm trespassing, but do you mean you think you can't consistently RP because you are ill? I'm sure that if you have a good reason to not RP, you can ask Kody if he'll arrange something to keep your character alive.

TotallyNotSatan

The Multiverse!

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Mar 24 2016, 02:49 PM</dd></dl><div>
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>In ducklets' game, the technology-magic rule and universe rules prevents most of the characters from working properly[/quote]

honestly, THAT is an aspect that may be fun, the fact certain character excel in certain environments and will be less effective in others[/quote]Remember, you have control over your character. For instance, you can stay in E3 to keep your tech usable(provided you don't need to be in E4, of course.) Tech is generally more useful, but you can't use it in as many universes as magic. Or, you know, you could use both.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Multiverse!

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Mar 24 2016, 01:23 PM</dd></dl><div> It also feels weird, not having any British people around.

[/quote]we have at least two british men named Alex on this thread, and a scot, and another not-alex brit. one of them is literally called British-robotics :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

MadBull

The Multiverse!

Post by MadBull » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:10 am

... and Andy... and Lian...

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Multiverse!

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:13 am

Yeah&#33; Quite frankly I'd like to see fewer Europeans around here&#33; Make ARC great again&#33; We're going to build a wall around ARC and we're going to make the Eastern Hemisphere pay for it&#33;

:v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

MadBull

The Multiverse!

Post by MadBull » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:22 am

your magic will never work in Europe Josh&#33;

MadBull

The Multiverse!

Post by MadBull » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:21 am

rather practical question, how BIG are the portals? I do want my character to fit through them&#33;