So, why does RFSHQ have to have their stuff here?

Feel like bitching? Wanna scream at the idiots in charge? Let us know and we'll try and fix the problem.
panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:51 am

Site's still up, why can't they host it?

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:59 am

I think they are probably going to be shutting down soon. Goose has been basically saying that for awhile now. We also discussed possibly archiving all the old material on here so that's what I did. I figured I'd do it before it is all gone (assuming it gets deleted fairly soon).

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Jan 2 2009&#44; 08:59 AM</dd></dl><div> We also discussed possibly archiving all the old material on here so that's what I did. I figured I'd do it before it is all gone (assuming it gets deleted fairly soon). [/quote]
Why? Why are we interested in RFSHQ stuff? Does it pertain to fantasy robot combat or Battlebots? Or is it I <3 dragons shit?

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:33 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Minion33088</dt><dd>Jan 11 2009&#44; 05:19 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Jan 2 2009&#44; 08:59 AM</dd></dl><div> We also discussed possibly archiving all the old material on here so that's what I did. I figured I'd do it before it is all gone (assuming it gets deleted fairly soon). [/quote]
Why? Why are we interested in RFSHQ stuff? Does it pertain to fantasy robot combat or Battlebots? Or is it I <3 dragons shit? [/quote]
First off, you should know by now that this site isn't just about robotics. Yes, it's the drawing point obviously, but I like to think of it as anything is here type of thing. We were talking about merging and even though that's obviously not going to happen at this point (I'm glad, too) we still talked about having their material on our site, and I try my best to put up as much material as submitted. If you don't have interest in it, don't look at it.

Radio F Software

Post by Radio F Software » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 am

Wait what's going on with the remains of the site?

edit: Oh, wow. You archived it... all? :o I didn't think anybody cared anymore. :unsure: (Or cared to begin with.)

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:56 am

When DC was in the tank, there was a desperate talk of a "merge" of the two forums. Goose gave me some of the stuff, and I archived it, which wasn't very hard but then I waited to get back to Goose about further developments. In the end, it fell through and that is why I eventually took the content down on the main page and replaced it with the CAD library. Instead of wasting that space, though, I still have it saved on the site somewhere. I forget where exactly at this point but it's still there :P

Radio F Software

Post by Radio F Software » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:06 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Feb 6 2010&#44; 06:56 AM</dd></dl><div> When DC was in the tank, there was a desperate talk of a "merge" of the two forums. Goose gave me some of the stuff, and I archived it, which wasn't very hard but then I waited to get back to Goose about further developments. In the end, it fell through and that is why I eventually took the content down on the main page and replaced it with the CAD library. Instead of wasting that space, though, I still have it saved on the site somewhere. I forget where exactly at this point but it's still there :P [/quote]
I dug around a bit, it's towards the bottom in like an "Other"-ish category. I didn't know it was like, part of the main page though. To be honest after June 2008 I never really did much with RFSHQ. I know it upsets goose when I speak disparagingly about our website like that... it's just a love/hate kind of thing, just with the way I see things now there's not a whole lot of love... and hate is kinda strong.

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 am

goose is part of your comunity? I swear:
youtube
DC
rfshq
Newgrounds
and
Gametechmods

are all interlocked somehow :lol: