[RL Finals] - Zombie Killer vs. Conqueror

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Conqueror's been on a roll, but the buck stops here.

I've better drivetrain in all areas, he has slightly better body armour and a weapon which will only matter if I'm far enough up his wedge, because it's a front-hinged flipper so he'd only throw me off the wedge and not flip me if I was only a bit on it. The suspension I'm not worried about at all because if he uses it to push himself more into the ground he's just going to compromise his drivetrain, so I'll just veer off to the sides of him if he does that. Otherwise, he's longer than wide and I have about a 1:1 length:width ratio, and on top of that he has nothing to really keep me on that wedge besides that silly plate at the back (and if I got that far back anyway, I'd already be in trouble) while I've got the spines out in front to stop him from driving over, so I think I'll be able to keep him in control better.

I'll box rush him like I always do, but I'll keep an eye on what he does. If I see him driving straight at me I'll swing around his front before I hit mid-arena and because of his rather narrow front and my better drive I should get around him, and when I do I'll batter him around into hazards, any hazard I see that's closest mind you. I should be slightly more controlled in my movements since it's harder to control a 2WD bot like Conqueror. If I see him trying to avoid my front, whether at the start or any other time in the match I'll just keep the front pointed at him and cut him off as often as I can within the bounds of common sense, and again will dump him into the hazards. Anytime I get under, hazards. Zombie Killer can't really do damage any other way than relying on hazards, sadly.

If he gets under me at any point in the match, drive off the wedge; the front of it or the sides of it, I don't care. I'm faster than him so I should escape quickly. If not, well hey, I'm completely invertible and it's not like his flips are going to damage me. Hound him near the walls and cut off open area to him so he has to struggle around things, and create openings where I can wedge him. Getting him caught on the arena wall for a second or two would provide ample opportunity for me to re-wedge him and slide him along to the hammers. Don't let him taste the center of the arena. If he does, ram him and make sure it's a bitter pill to swallow. I have the torque to boss him around. Use it.

Good luck and may the best bot win.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:35 am

We both have solid wedge setups - the big advantage I have of course is an active weapon. With a 6-powered flipper for Conqueror, my attacks should prove to be a lot more impactful. He