Ice Cubed Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat May 25, 2013 7:50 am

That was just because I got a bit lazy with the CAD. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:28 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>May 25 2013&#44; 07:50 AM</dd></dl><div> That was just because I got a bit lazy with the CAD. =P [/quote]
It was? Ah. Got to say, it does look pretty cool, though. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:21 pm

...so, anyway. After that quite disastrous reception, I'll consult my plans and see what else I can provide. I've got plenty of ideas, but's a matter of choosing one that works that's the tricky thing.

Mind you though, I do have a pretty good idea for a showbot- perhaps I could introduce him as a replacement LW.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:42 pm

I liked FlatLine...
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Mon May 27, 2013 5:46 pm

It does seem like a pretty neat idea, I reckon. But I'm wondering if it's be better suited as a straight pusher, so more points could be invested in the drivetrain and wedge. Bots like Zombie Killer, Tank and the new Anti Virus accomplished a lot without a weapon, and Pursuit seems to be doing the same at the moment. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Ah, that's OK. Just after the initial frosty reception and accusations that I only use the same designs over and over again that got me thinking that. Even still, Kody's got a point. If it's apparently just the same crap, why bother?

So for the time being, I might keep this one in the prototype stage and see if I can experiment with ideas from it. I reckon the Four-bar Flipper could work well on a SHW at least, but I'll see if I can modify it a bit and see how I can make use of Flatline for later on.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon May 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Hey, no harm in entering designs you like. I mean, we like to see varied designs every so often, but if you enter bots you're familiar with, no one will kill you. (we'll just grumble somewhat, just like you apparently do with undercutters :P )
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Fair enough- although by the way, how many points would I have to work with if I were to make a two-robot Clusterbot?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 2 2013&#44; 12:16 AM</dd></dl><div> Fair enough- although by the way, how many points would I have to work with if I were to make a two-robot Clusterbot? [/quote]
The formula is 30-4n where n is the number of clusterbot parts. So that's 30-8=22 points for you to play with.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jun 1 2013&#44; 07:42 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 2 2013&#44; 12:16 AM</dd></dl><div> Fair enough- although by the way, how many points would I have to work with if I were to make a two-robot Clusterbot? [/quote]
The formula is 30-4n where n is the number of clusterbot parts. So that's 30-8=22 points for you to play with. [/quote]
OK, thanks Nick. Not a lot though, I must say- guess it's made up with by the fact there's two of them, though. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 2 2013&#44; 12:45 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jun 1 2013&#44; 07:42 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 2 2013&#44; 12:16 AM</dd></dl><div> Fair enough- although by the way, how many points would I have to work with if I were to make a two-robot Clusterbot? [/quote]
The formula is 30-4n where n is the number of clusterbot parts. So that's 30-8=22 points for you to play with. [/quote]
OK, thanks Nick. Not a lot though, I must say- guess it's made up with by the fact there's two of them, though. :P [/quote]
That's the theory with Clusterbots. I'm hoping to make it work with SWARM. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 pm

New design&#33; Here's something completely different- well, hopefully.
This little number is Decapitator, an Axe/Rammer design made predominantly for speed and attacking power. As you can see, it's built out of thick polycarbonate to accommodate enough weight for a very fast skid-steer 4WD system, and a specially-designed armoured Scoop on the front for stopping spinners and monster-truckers in their tracks.

And then of course, there's its main weapon- a chain-driven Pneumatic Axe with Interchangeable heads. Very powerful, with minimal recoil and a chopping rate of about 1-2 blows per second, and is well-adapted for breaking stuff and kicking arse. Again, hopefully. See what you think&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by NFX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I like that thing. Like Killerhurtz, with Tornado's scoop thing. But these anti-monster-trucking panels on the side look a bit odd, are they more like those weird blade things that Leighbot had on the first series on the sides? Or more along the lines of the armour plating of Sting from Series 2?
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

GF93

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jun 4 2013&#44; 12:28 PM</dd></dl><div> I like that thing. Like Killerhurtz, with Tornado's scoop thing. But these anti-monster-trucking panels on the side look a bit odd, are they more like those weird blade things that Leighbot had on the first series on the sides? Or more along the lines of the armour plating of Sting from Series 2? [/quote]
Glad you like it Nick, especially seeing it's my first attempt at a polycarbonate-based machine. As for those panels, glad you asked- if you look at the side view, they're relatively flat pieces of metal arranged along the top and corners of the front wedge.

So yes, they are sort of like Leighbot's blades- they're there to prevent people driving over them, sort of like how the polycarbonate strip along the top of Conqueror's flipper works. There's a gap just in the front to allow the Axe Pole to pass through it, but the mechanism's just behind them to prevent it from being damaged.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Just saw this now. It looks sweet, reminds me of Tomahawk.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ