The last gasp

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Anyway...anyone got anything in mind to enter, so far?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The last gasp

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Nov 23 2012&#44; 07:38 PM</dd></dl><div>Anyway...anyone got anything in mind to enter, so far?[/quote]
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> As long as I don't have to worry about Dr Robotnik's spinning Pingas, it'll be good to challenge you again[/quote]
Dr. Robotnik, obviously. :lol:
But I do want to use him since I never got the chance to use the new version I drew up.

Other than that it may be some old pals coming back.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Nov 23 2012&#44; 06:51 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Nov 23 2012&#44; 07:38 PM</dd></dl><div>Anyway...anyone got anything in mind to enter, so far?[/quote]
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> As long as I don't have to worry about Dr Robotnik's spinning Pingas, it'll be good to challenge you again[/quote]
Dr. Robotnik, obviously. :lol:
But I do want to use him since I never got the chance to use the new version I drew up.

Other than that it may be some old pals coming back. [/quote]
Ah, splendid- I can expect to get demoted to Scrub Monkey Third Class in due time, then :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, I did see it in the CBBR thread, and it looked pretty good, so now'll be a good new opportunity for it to show off what it can do.

As for me, I've got a few new designs lined up, and I just need Nick's help to render them in 3D. Once I've got them though, they should be pretty awesome- I'm contemplating either going for a whole new team, or entering a few new ones alongside improved versions of some of the bots I fought with in FRR.

Regardless of what happens though, it should be a pretty badass team overall, so hopefully it should go well if I'm lucky :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

The last gasp

Post by winternimbus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm

I will be entering with a HW entry, Do The Evolution...
Speed - 8
Traction - 7
Armor - 6
Weapon - 4 ( Lifter/Flipper Hybrid )
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sylandro</dt><dd>Nov 23 2012&#44; 09:08 PM</dd></dl><div> I will be entering with a HW entry, Do The Evolution...
Speed - 8
Traction - 7
Armor - 6
Weapon - 4 ( Lifter/Flipper Hybrid ) [/quote]
Good planning ahead there, but there's one or two things you should know first-

- Each entrant makes four entries, one for each weight class. You've got a HW, but you'll also need a LW, a MW, and a SHW.

- We use an updated stat system here- with it, there are six categories rather than four-
* Speed
* Torque
* Traction
* Wedge
* Weapon
* Armour
- and you'll be given 30 points to spend between them.

We'll provide more in-depth rules once the signups are ready, but they're more or less the same as the ones here-
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Drowning_Ci ... topic=2566
- so I'd suggest having a read through those and maybe having a look at the other robots there for some ideas for your other robots. Hope this helps&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

The last gasp

Post by winternimbus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Nov 23 2012&#44; 09:16 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sylandro</dt><dd>Nov 23 2012&#44; 09:08 PM</dd></dl><div> I will be entering with a HW entry, Do The Evolution...
Speed - 8
Traction - 7
Armor - 6
Weapon - 4 ( Lifter/Flipper Hybrid ) [/quote]
Good planning ahead there, but there's one or two things you should know first-

- Each entrant makes four entries, one for each weight class. You've got a HW, but you'll also need a LW, a MW, and a SHW.

- We use an updated stat system here- with it, there are six categories rather than four-
* Speed
* Torque
* Traction
* Wedge
* Weapon
* Armour
- and you'll be given 30 points to spend between them.

We'll provide more in-depth rules once the signups are ready, but they're more or less the same as the ones here-
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Drowning_Ci ... topic=2566
- so I'd suggest having a read through those and maybe having a look at the other robots there for some ideas for your other robots. Hope this helps&#33; [/quote]
Speed - 12
Traction - 8
Armor - 11
Weapon - 4 ( Lifter/Flipper Hybrid )
Wedge - 9
Torque - 12

[/QUOTE]
This better?
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:26 pm

30 points in total divided between the six categories, bro. You've got 56 there&#33; XD
ICE³ ROBOTICS

FOTEPX

The last gasp

Post by FOTEPX » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 am

I'd be more than willing to join this, but you'd have to explain the rules to me. It's been a bit of time since I've done this.

Also, any free 3D software I could boot up and use? DSL 2.1 is always a viable option if you don't have one.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The last gasp

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>FOTEPX</dt><dd>Nov 24 2012&#44; 08:06 AM</dd></dl><div> I'd be more than willing to join this, but you'd have to explain the rules to me. It's been a bit of time since I've done this.

Also, any free 3D software I could boot up and use? DSL 2.1 is always a viable option if you don't have one. [/quote]
You can download a Rhino 4.0 trial here:

http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm

(just use the Mirror tool back and forth to get around the "no copy/paste" bullshit, and print screen to get around the 25-save limit somewhat. Because those 25 saves include saving pics directly from the Rhino renderer)

Alternatively, you can use Google SketchUp.

http://sketchup.google.com/download/

Both are extremely good ways to start out in 3D modeling.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

The last gasp

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:54 am

I'll be throwing Ouroboros into the ring one more time as well as WhipCoil 3.1, Apophis and Slither. Of course, unless I come up with something new and awesome.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

The last gasp

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Speaking of modeling... I've bumped a thread.

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>FOTEPX</dt><dd>Nov 24 2012&#44; 08:06 AM</dd></dl><div> I'd be more than willing to join this, but you'd have to explain the rules to me. It's been a bit of time since I've done this.

Also, any free 3D software I could boot up and use? DSL 2.1 is always a viable option if you don't have one. [/quote]
Hey Foxtop, good to see you here, too :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:28 pm

I think it's good to see some new members here as well as some of the regulars- hopefully that'll give us a new diversity in designs and playing styles and things.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

The last gasp

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:21 pm

All right, so does anybody object to me opening up the sign-ups thread for this? If you do, tell me right now, otherwise it's tourney time.

GF93

The last gasp

Post by GF93 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 26 2012&#44; 01:21 PM</dd></dl><div> All right, so does anybody object to me opening up the sign-ups thread for this? If you do, tell me right now, otherwise it's tourney time. [/quote]
I don't see why not, so...
ICE³ ROBOTICS