Ah, the last few years of ARC have been a bit of a wild ride, haven't they? Major after major, with plenty of old faces leaving and new ones taking their place. In this retrospective, we close the book on the past, concluding this wonderful era of robot combat...
Format And Rules
The tournament will use a 36-bot single elimination format, with one main tweak. The 12 teams selected will each enter three all-star bots from their time on ARC. Designs may be iterations on past entries, as long as they can be linked back to that entry in a reasonable way. The weight class for this event is Arbitrary-weight, so don't worry about mixing lightweight and super-heavyweight champs on your squad. The D12 staff may choose to deny an entrant if it does not fit these criteria.
All robots must have been entered into one of these previous tournaments to be eligible for D12:
- Ruination 4
- Reckoning Revival
- Cherry Bomb Classic 3
- Reckoning Evolution
- REDDIT 2
- ROBOTS 3
- Cherry Bomb Classic 4
Actually, just bring your favourite all-stars or iterations on all-stars, any tourney.
The rules document can be found here.
Mostly standard fare, a bit of a mix of ROBOT4 and CBC4 rules.
Hazards and Features:
- The Pit: In the centre of the arena sits a raised pit. Flippers with 5 or more Weapon can consistently score an OotA after lining up, although lower power flippers may be able to score one too, with proper positioning...
- Drumroll, Please: Drum-boxes flank the walls of the ring. Get tossed into one, and expect to go flying, as these drums dish out damage equal to a 15-power spinner. If a bot's caught on top, they can stop and reverse to help free them. We've plenty of OotA-space in this ring, no need to push it.
- Spike Strips: The walls of this arena are spiked. A proper ram could impale opponents on them, or just deal a little more visible damage.
- Funky Fresh Beats!: When RPing, both participants may choose to offer fight music for the duration of the bout. You will be judged if your music is trash, though :P
- TO: Trihunter (Cool Story Brobotics)
- Hooray For Lexan (Team Instant Regret)
- Archangel (Interrobang Robotics)
- V900 (End Of The Line LLC)
- IceCubed (Ice Cubed Robotics)
- W0lf (Alpha Robotics)
- YSMQTHLQYH (Team Design Flaw)
- You could join this list too, just ask the staff team!
How To Sign Up
In order to sign up, respond to this post with conformation that you're interested. Any further information, bots, etc, will be erased from your post. That stuff's for a little later. I guess you can tease if you like. This first phase of signups will close on Monday, August 10th, or if we go a week without any new confirmations. After that, the top 12 teams that signed up, based on the current ARC rankings, will be contacted, and asked for the following materials, in order for the TO to assemble a team list:
- Writeups and renders for the three bots they intend to enter (Images with transparent backgrounds are recommended, feel free to send multiple if you prefer.)
- A team banner, like the ones segmenting this entire post. 1200px wide, maximum of 200px tall.
- Any other materials they wish to be included in their team writeup.
These writeups will all be converted into team writeups, and posted simultaneously, alongside the first round fight card. The deadline for this phase of signups will be Monday, August 31st. If teams fail to submit their signups at this point, the remaining slots will open up to others from the first phase that did not make the cut, in a first come first serve basis, so even if you don't make the cut, don't let that stop you from iterating on your designs!
Signup List, In Ranked Order
1) #3: Team Instant Regret (HFL)
2) #4: End Of The Line LLC (V900)
3) #5: Interrobang Robotics (Archangel)
4) #6: Team Ignition (Badnik)
5) #7: Team Design Flaw (YSMQ)
6) #8: Team Riptide (Botomatic)
7) #9: Ice Cubed Robotics (GF93)
8) #10: Cool Story Brobotics (Trihunter)
9) #11: Team Rinzler (Rinzler)
10) #13: Aquatic Robotics (Attackfrog)
11) #14: Team Worst Swordsman Robotics (Rocket)
12) #15: Team 57 (Hiicantpk)
13) #16: Team Stealth (Shaba)
14) #17: Team Alpha Robotics (W0lf)
15) #18: Team British Robotics (TBR)
16) #19: Team Ether (Superbomb)
17) #21: Team C/D (Hide)
18) #22: Code Pink Robotics (tcrrr)
19) #23: Team Cardboard Pony (Pat)
20) #25: Team Yellow Alert (BEES)
21) #41: Team 2nd Place (CodeSilver)
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)