Been a long time since we've had a good brawl in here, hasn't it? I don't mean two bots slugging it out, mind you. I'm talking about a knock 'em down, drag 'em out, barroom-clearing slugfest between a whole bunch of different bots. I want to see parts scattered across the arena floor. I want to see the twitching half-dead carcasses of destroyed robots trying to move and getting eviscerated if they try to pull an Eruption/Bombshell. I want to see bots get ganked, dammit. Okay, now with my obligatory Mick Foley imitation out of the way, let's get down to the details.
We'll be using the CBC4 rule set and RPs will be limited to a maximum length of 200 words. The rumbles themselves will be following a format similar to CBC1, where robots from all four weight classes will compete in a series of five-minute long simulations assumed to take place in the Heavyweight class. Yes, that means that your Featherweight is now a Heavyweight for the purposes of its rumble.
A) The bots will be divided into seven different qualifying groups based on their weapons and other easily definable characteristics.
B) Each rumble will have a maximum of seven robots. The winner of each rumble will move on to a final rumble - One Bot to Rule them All - where the winner will be crowned our rumble champion!
C) No stacking every rumble with your bots, though. Each team may only hard reserve a maximum of two bots and soft reserve one more. Soft reserves (denoted by the use of italics) will not be eligible to fight unless the rumble that they have signed up for isn't full less than three days before it takes place.
D) In the event that more than one bot from a team qualifies, that team will pick one and the second-place finisher from the other rumble will take the place of their other bot.
E) The seven rumbles are as follows:
- Brick Brawl: Armour > 8, Weapon < 5, Speed > 5 - Week 7
- Vertical Violence: vertical spinner, Weapon > 9 - Week 9
- Flipper Frenzy: flipper, weapon > 2 - Week 11
- Horizontal Hell: horizontal spinner, weapon > 9 - Week 13
- Axe Attack: axe, pickaxe, or hammer, weapon > 9 - Week 15
- Oddball Outrage: anything that doesn't fit an existing category - Week 15
- You're Just a Voice, Pal. You Don't Know a Damned Thing About Racing!: speed > 8 - Week 16
All rumbles will be held in the following arena unless specifically stated otherwise:
Buzludzha by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab
Location: Kran, Bulgaria
Layout: Circle Squared off on one end
Size: 80 ft diameter (upper half), 40 ft x 80 ft (lower half) - 5713 square feet
Intended Use: MW-SHW Singles and Doubles, Rumbles up to 12 bots
Theme: Semi-abandoned Communist-era monument
Floor Materials: concrete
OOTA Zone?: YES
House Robots: This arena sometimes features two house robots which patrol the caution-striped zones at the ends of the arena. However, they will not be active for CBC3.
Hazards and Features:
- Lenin's Hammers (5) - These are heavy metal hammers mounted in the corners and at three points along the curved northern wall. They fire when robots pass into their strike zones (marked in yellow and black caution paint), dealing moderate damage.
- Stalin's Sickle (1) - taking up a massive amount of space in the middle of the arena, this enormous and very heavy but relatively slow-spinning flywheel is primarily designed to get a great deal of bite and fling robots that run into it into the furthest corners of the arena. However, it's still capable of dealing moderate to heavy damage.
- The Gulag (1) - Located in the center at the southern end of the arena, The Gulag is a yawning pit with a short, two foot sloped wall surrounding it. It effectively acts as the arena's OOTA zone. Whenever a robot falls in, Roll Tide from the movie Crimson Tide will play as a final show of respect.
Achievement: Champion of the Proletariat - win a fight by decision while losing two of the categories.
All entries are on a first come, first served basis, and there are no general reserves. You just ante a specific CBC4 entry. It's that simple, so don't hesitate and jump right in!
Italics denote unofficial entries. In the event that a rumble fills, these will automatically be bumped out.
- Untitled Goose Robot (End of the Line LLC)
- I Can't Believe it's not Tanto (Team Riptide)
- Puffy Cloud (Code Pink Robotics)
- Santangelo (Tartarus Robotics Group)
- Taipan (Ice Cubed Robotics)
- Momma Bear (Killjoy Syndicate)
- Finishing Move (The Monsterworks)
- Eagle's Hawk (Team Eagle Robotics)
- Scrapper (Cool Story Brobotics)
- SPINNERFOOD (Team C/D)
- Wallop (Team British Robotics)
- The Thieving Magpie (Team Stealth)
- Hoarfrost (Tartarus Robotics Group)
- Xtreme pneumatiX (Team Riptide)
- Lil' Yeetums (Aquatic Robotics)
- FusterCluck (Team Rinzler)
- TSA 2.1 (Ice CUbed Robotics)
All Deathspinners, Let's Be Real
- Glacier III (The Monsterworks)
- Dragonfist (Team Worst Swordsman)
- Blood Eagle (Tartarus Robotics Group)
- Pizza 2 (Code Pink Robotics)
- Golden MADD (Team Rinzler)
Axes of Evil
- Pressure Flop II (Team Design Flaw)
- Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen 2 (Team Eagle Robotics)
- KILL 'EM ALL (Team Stealth)
- Magnolia Pico (The Monsterworks)
- Carapace (Aquatic Robotics)
- Padoru Machina (Team Design Flaw)
- Acrid (End of the Line LLC)
- Tabor Mark 4 (Team Worst Swordsman)
- Tower of Gray (Cool Story Brobotics)
- Paradox (Ice Cubed Robotics)
You're Just a Voice, Pal. You Don't Know a Damned Thing About Racing!
Gotta Go FAST!
- Black Salvo (Team Ignition)
- Vindicator (Team Design Flaw)
- Gas Gas Gas (Cool Story Brobotics
- Wasp 2 (Team Rinzler)
- CIRCUITZ (Killjoy Syndicate)
Well, ladies and gents, That's about all there is to say. I mean, if you have more, you can check out our discussion thread. Otherwise, get in there and kick some ass!